Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 NFL Compensatory Pick Projections

Here is the blogger whose list went around last pre-season that ended up being fairly accurate. Note that he also comments that unusual circumstances could cause him to be wrong about the Colts.  He could be totally wrong this year, we all know that the NFL doesn't release the formula so take it for what it is worth.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/27/2013-nfl-compensatory-pick-projections/

He pretty much says what I've stated in a few threads concerning this. The Colts unlike what most here seem to think will get very little and maybe nothing. I had said a 6th or 7th at most , this guy figures zero. Although he does comment that he could be off concerning Indy. I also think he missed Wheeler going to Oakland.

What about loosing Manning? We should get a 4th round comp pick even a pick from Dallas Clark?

They were both released, they never became free agents with the Colts.  Cut players do not figure into the formula when determining a team's compensatory picks.

How do the packers get a 3/4 cnt member for flynn he never played so it can't be on playing time if it is alot if players we brought in didn't play all games

The NFL has not released the exact formula they use, but contract size and off setting FA acquisitions play a role as well.

well garcon was injuried most the season so I dont expect anything there. wheeler might net us a 6th

they signed him to more than 1 year tho... if he plays all 16 games next year will we get anything for the following draft??  I doubt it

"At the end of the day the reality is it is what it is" .....2nd is: :Nuke:

<<<<game show buzzer>>>>

"At the end of the day, the reality is, is, it is what it is" - former RNC Chairman Michael Steele

There....I'll throw the commas in for you. Does that help you out?

Soooo........how about them comp picks? :rollseyes:

<<<<game show buzzer>>>>

"At the end of the day, the reality is, is, it is what it is" - former RNC Chairman Michael Steele

There....I'll throw the commas in for you. Does that help you out?

Soooo........how about them comp picks? :rollseyes:

Former RNC Chairman Michael Steele said that so it's official... O.o, ... :scratch:,...my apologies for not acknowledging his greatness. :nutz: