Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Elliots Power Rankings - Texans 5Th, Colts 27Th!?!

ReMeDy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82233114/article/volatile-opening-week-of-play-has-bears-rising-steelers-falling?module=HP11_cp

Wow, how the tables have turned if the Texans are now the 5th best team in the league. Really, Matt Schaub did not even play that good, and our offense didn't really show up to play, so it's difficult to evaluate the Texans on that. The Texans also gave up some turnovers/fumbles, even if they were meaningless. The good news is, despite the Colts whooping, the Colts are placed above the Titans.

p.s. On the record, I hate how this forum automatically capitalizes words in topic titles, as it leads to unintended results.

IMO the Colts should be ranked last until they prove otherwise.

Did someone get shutout?

If you are basing it on last weekend, Pittsburg should be at the bottom, 7 turnovers? Really? We only turned it over twice? And the score was about the same. They also had their starting QB, so I would give us props for doing just a bit better wtih less.

I like this, I don't want any analyst thinking high of us.

And Schaub didn't even have a good game, but they still won.

I guess that's just how bad we played.

But I want analyst to keep hyping up the Texans, so they can have yet another dissappointing season. They are totally over-hyping this win over us like it buys them a playoff spot.

I've always liked the Texans and I do hope they break out this year if we don't make it and it's not looking good. That being said they should post every article like this inside the Colts locker room. Maybe that will give them a kick in the pants.All that talk about wanting to prove themselves without Peyton and they come out like that. Where is the pride? If Caldwell wasn't yelling at them in the locker room(and I'm sure he wasn't) they should have been yelling at themselves. They didn't even look like an NFL team last Sunday. I know that's a little harsh but true. We'll see how they respond to that embarrassment.

If you are basing it on last weekend, Pittsburg should be at the bottom, 7 turnovers? Really? We only turned it over twice? And the score was about the same. They also had their starting QB, so I would give us props for doing just a bit better wtih less.

Pretty sure the ravens D is alot better than the Texans. If we had faced the Ravens it very likely would have been a shutout unless they put 2nd/3rd stringers in.

Makes sense to me... Nothing we did worked out in our favor until the Texans quit trying after halftime. Everything they did worked to perfection against us until they stopped trying after halftime. They could have kept piling on the points and made it really ugly. They chose to show us respect, though, because they know that if they had disrespected us, eventually Peyton would have come back and he would make them pay for it, and pay for it dearly.

Makes sense to me... Nothing we did worked out in our favor until the Texans quit trying after halftime. Everything they did worked to perfection against us until they stopped trying after halftime. They could have kept piling on the points and made it really ugly. They chose to show us respect, though, because they know that if they had disrespected us, eventually Peyton would have come back and he would make them pay for it, and pay for it dearly.

We've trounced them so many times that I wouldn't have minded them piling on 68 points against us. I would hate hearing about it afterwards, but we have pwned for so long!

I like this, I don't want any analyst thinking high of us.

And Schaub didn't even have a good game, but they still won.

I guess that's just how bad we played.

But I want analyst to keep hyping up the Texans, so they can have yet another dissappointing season. They are totally over-hyping this win over us like it buys them a playoff spot.

They did the same thing last year. They will probably win the division with a 9-7 record because of our loss of Manning and the rest of the division being weak.

I think what angers me is how upset the Colts were duing the week last week. They were upset that the experts said they would be awful without Peyton Manning, the defense was only built to play with the lead, defense couldnt stop the run and low and behold they were RIGHT!!! So Colts, why you get so mad if you didnt go out and play with a chip on your shoulder and prove the world wrong. So they deserve to be at 27th until they prove everyone wrong. I actually bought into the notion that "WE still have good players on the team without Peyton Manning" but thats fading fast. I hope we beat the Browns

This team has the absolute worst run D in the league. Our running game is pathetic as well with zig-zag Addai. What a joke. Without Manning, WE ARE DOOMED! I would like to close with Bill Polian was scouting Andrew Luck this past week, that should say it all.

The Power Ranking Championship is the 2nd biggest accomplishment in the league; right after the Texans' "We beat the Colts, this is our Super Bowl" championship.

That got old about 3 years ago. I admit in 2006 our season was terrible and we got way to happy about that win but the last 3 meeting we have expected to win.