Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tim Tebow

Snowglobe

Guy is a true winner. Should have kept him as a backup to Manning and started him in OT. Just my 2 cents. 

Yes, should have kept Tebow as a cheerleader so that he could have gotten that D to close the deal in regulation, yep agree on that front. :)

Snowglobe may be trollish ...but the fact remains Broncos with Tebow 1-1 in the playoffs.  Broncos with Peyton Manning 0-1 in the playoffs.  It is what it is.  Unfortunately.  How many excuses will some people continue make for Peyton's annual post season nose dive death spiral?  At least it wasn't the Horseshoe upside his head this time around. 

It is obvious to me that Andrew Luck could have won today with that Broncos o line and run game......

I also was told all season on this forum that the Broncos o line/receivers/run game/TEs/defense/special teams/coaching were top notch/elite/best around and this was a done deal to pound the silly has been Ravens who had no shot cause Peyton owns them and to play Brady for the right of GOAT status in the AFC title game.

Snowglobe may be trollish ...but the fact remains Broncos with Tebow 1-1 in the playoffs.  Broncos with Peyton Manning 0-1 in the playoffs.  It is what it is.  Unfortunately.  How many excuses will some people continue make for Peyton's annual post season nose dive death spiral?  At least it wasn't the Horseshoe upside his head this time around. 

I hope we get to play the Broncos in the playoffs next year.....

Weather you like it or not, Tebow actually won in Mile High in the playoffs. Something Manning didn't do after that 11 game win streak.

It is almost good to lose 1 or 2 games in your last 3 games of your regular season to go on a run in the postseason, it seems like. The odds favor those kinds of teams who dont get complacent.

LOL you sound like my best friend..also a Colts fan.  I think we should be better equipped defensively to deal with them next year after an offseason to build up the defense.  I didn't really want to play them this year though because Peyton would have cleaned our clocks...we weren't ready for him yet IMO.    Next year it's on though. 

I wanted to play them this year. That was the biggest disappointment from last week. As a team the Colts overachieved once they broke .500. Everything else was icing on the cake and I was just happy to be in the playoffs. But if we got past the Ravens, we could have beaten the Broncos as well

I wanted to play them this year. That was the biggest disappointment from last week. As a team the Colts overachieved once they broke .500. Everything else was icing on the cake and I was just happy to be in the playoffs. But if we got past the Ravens, we could have beaten the Broncos as well

Agree. I wanted Denver to blow it vs. us but at the same time I was not as confident after last weekend with our youth movement heading to Denver and then likely getting pummeled by the refs or something.

Next year though I think we will be ready to take anyone on.

It is obvious to me that Andrew Luck could have won today with that Broncos o line and run game......

I also was told all season on this forum that the Broncos o line/receivers/run game/TEs/defense/special teams/coaching were top notch/elite/best around and this was a done deal to pound the silly has been Ravens who had no shot cause Peyton owns them and to play Brady for the right of GOAT status in the AFC title game.

Did the defense look elite today?

It is almost good to lose 1 or 2 games in your last 3 games of your regular season to go on a run in the postseason, it seems like. The odds favor those kinds of teams who dont get complacent.

THIS^^^^^

The last time the Chargers were in the playoffs, I think it was 2009, we had won 11 in a row, finished with a 13-3 record and had a bye game with a home playoff against the Jets.  Serious complacency cost us.  Stupid, childish penalties and temper tantrums - several players had gotten too big for their britches.  VJ was stopped by the police for driving without a license on the way to the game... after having been arrested for a DUI earlier in the season. 

I'd much rather a team go into the playoffs a little "scared" than thinking they're a lock.

Snowglobe may be trollish ...but the fact remains Broncos with Tebow 1-1 in the playoffs. Broncos with Peyton Manning 0-1 in the playoffs. It is what it is. Unfortunately. How many excuses will some people continue make for Peyton's annual post season nose dive death spiral? At least it wasn't the Horseshoe upside his head this time around.

Unfortunately this argument carries with it the fact that Peyton, and Tim's seasons both ended in the divisional round of the playoffs.

Can't really knock Manning for putting in his work in the regular season and getting his team a bye I.E. a "win" in the wildcard round.

I also was told all season on this forum that the Broncos o line/receivers/run game/TEs/defense/special teams/coaching were top notch/elite/best around and this was a done deal to pound the silly has been Ravens who had no shot cause Peyton owns them and to play Brady for the right of GOAT status in the AFC title game.

When you play the Browns, Bucs, and the Raiders & Chiefs twice, you can look pretty good.

They played 12 teams this year with a losing record. 12!

I know the Steelers were banged up last year but my God........that was some pathetic D they had vs. Tebow and they never seemed to adjust. They pretty much gave NE back to back bye weeks.

Oh and yeah, been hinting all year NE would carve up this Broncos team and it was not cause I was "rooting" for NE but it was just something that seemed obvious to me. They would have again in Denver carved them up like the previous 3 times. You all know this deep down and knew it. I swear I read Denver is the worst team in the league at times defending TEs despite their high overall ranking. Brady would have carved them up with Gronk and Hernandez and he only had one there in the meeting this season.

Oh and that thin air thing is crap too to me. Why in the world should that hurt professional athletes on very good football teams in the biggest games? The air is the air. You adjust to it. Been to Denver, didn't take long to adjust.

Unfortunately this argument carries with it the fact that Peyton, and Tim's seasons both ended in the divisional round of the playoffs.

Can't really knock Manning for putting in his work in the regular season and getting his team a bye I.E. a "win" in the wildcard round.

Kudos to Peyton for what he does in the regular season. But that has never been the knock on the guy...it's his post season history.  A bye is just that a bye and is not a playoff win so to speak.  In actual on the field action in the post season, Tebow got it done once in a Bronco's uni and Peyton can't say the same...unfortunately.  It really is as simple as that. 

Kudos to Peyton for what he does in the regular season. But that has never been the knock on the guy...it's his post season history. A bye is just that a bye and is not a playoff win so to speak. In actual on the field action in the post season, Tebow got it done once in a Bronco's uni and Peyton can't say the same...unfortunately. It really is as simple as that.
Hence the quotes around win.

And lets be real this season was a huge improvement for the Broncos as a whole. They got a bye, and if not for horribly blown coverage, are probably going to the AFCCG. Tebow didn't even sniff winning in the divisional round. They go destroyed.

Even with Mannings playoff struggles his record dwarfs Tim's in every way.

Anyway you slice it, Tebows wildcard win or Peyton's first round bye, the result is identical. Aside from one getting blown out and the other not.

Hence the quotes around win.

And lets be real this season was a huge improvement for the Broncos as a whole. They got a bye, and if not for horribly blown coverage, are probably going to the AFCCG. Tebow didn't even sniff winning in the divisional round. They go destroyed.

Even with Mannings playoff struggles his record dwarfs Tim's in every way.

Anyway you slice it, Tebows wildcard win or Peyton's first round bye, the result is identical. Aside from one getting blown out and the other not.

End result for the Broncos was the same.  But the end result on Peyton's post season resume is another black mark aka loss.  Tebow provided a feel good post season moment for the Mile High fans where as Peyton fell short of that.  Fortunately for 18 he still has a few more years left to try and rectify that. 

End result for the Broncos was the same. But the end result on Peyton's post season resume is another black mark aka loss. Tebow provided a feel good post season moment for the Mile High fans where as Peyton fell short of that. Fortunately for 18 he still has a few more years left to try and rectify that.

Again comparing Tim and Peyton's records post season is just silly. Tim's win in the wildcard did nothing Peyton's bye didn't. So why so much emphasis on it? Because Tim managed 1 playoff win wearing the color orange?

Peyton provided them with 11 straight wins, and a legitimate chance to win the Superbowl. Tim won a game against a ravaged Steelers D, and then got dismantled by New England.

Poll Denver fans and I'm pretty certain they feel more optimistic about Peyton moving forward, than Tim.

Again comparing Tim and Peyton's records post season is just silly. Tim's win in the wildcard did nothing Peyton's bye didn't. So why so much emphasis on it? Because Tim managed 1 playoff win wearing the color orange?

Peyton provided them with 11 straight wins, and a legitimate chance to win the Superbowl. Tim won a game against a ravaged Steelers D, and then got dismantled by New England.

Poll Denver fans and I'm pretty certain they feel more optimistic about Peyton moving forward, than Tim.

Poll them right now and they'd probably say they want Tebow back!   lmao  So I'd give it a few weeks.

Comparing what Peyton and Tebow did in the post season is not silly.  Post season is an entirely different animal from the regular season.  The stakes are higher and the pressure intensifies.  We all know that Peyton is the much better overall quarterback but the guy is post season challenged.  As Broncos, Tebow has had better results in the playoffs thus far.  Tebow 1-1 for a .500 winning percentage.  Peyton Manning 0-1 for a .000 winning percentage.  I'd rather win in the post season than the regular season.  Tebow is a lesser quarterback but he has responded better to the stress of the post season than Bronco Peyton.  In his first post season game,Tebow threw a game winning touchdown pass to win a playoff game in overtime for the Broncos, something Peyton has never done in his entire post season career.  Peyton had his chance in overtime today and we all saw what happened...again.  (sigh)