Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Safe to say now?

SIXTHOBJECT

No I still wouldn't go that far.  Even really good teams go through bad stretches at times.  If they go one and done in the playoffs, especially if they get smoked by the bengals, then I might say they were pretenders, but they still have a very good team that can do a lot of damage if they get their chemistry back.

I still don't know that I would say they are pretenders.  Maybe just peaked too early, or are wearing down late in the season.  They also ran into an emotionally charged, very confident at home, and really good young team yesterday.   I was afraid of how the D would play with no Redding and Johnson playing, but they stepped up big time, holding them to some crucial FGs, and Davis made 2 game changing INTs.  Maybe now people will quit complaining over giving up the 2nd rd pick for him.  Never in my life have I seen a guy a victim of more phantom penalties in my life.  The PI that took away an INT last week and the holding penalty this week.  Sometimes I wonder what the refs are looking at  :loco:

The Texans are a relatively young franchise with new-found success...not completely unlike the Colts of the early 2000s. Plenty of talent....but almost zero big game experience. Whether they are able to finally win a REALLY significant game...i.e. playoff game against a legit opponent...we will find out in the next 7-21 days.

And how they respond next year, should they get bounced out of the upcoming playoffs, will cement the perception...good or bad.

Right now...its not good.

First, I must admit to being the guy who really thought the Colts would go 3-13 so anyone who wants to yell at me go ahead. I did not believe we had the experience or talent to make the run we have completed so far.

With that said, do you realize that we are 3 mistakes away from going 13-3 and having either the first or second seed?

Play 1 - that stupid mistake giving the Jags an 80 yard completion at the end of the game.

Play 2 - Moore's fumble at the 1 in the first Texans' game which cost us a TD

Play 3 - Allen's missed block that led to the blocked punt and TD against the Texans game.

This team has far more talent pulled out of a hat or off the street than I gave them credit for back in the Fall

They're not pretenders really. They have injury issues and not all the players are not stepping up. Plus they have a system QB, if you shut down the running game( not easy) they can't rely on Schaub's arm to win the game for them. Not saying he's a bad QB but if they had 1 who could put the team on his back , they would be extremely tough to beat.