Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Two possiable landing spots for Arians

GoColts8818

I was listening to ESPN radio and Clayton came on to talk about coaching opening and he said BA has a strong chance at two jobs

1.  He think the Chargers will offer him the job there. 

2.  If the Eagles first choices turn them down he expects them to be interested in a guy like BA. 

He also said if KC makes a change at the GM spot he expect Polian to be brought in there. 

Chargers would be a great place for Bruce.

Anywhere else like KC or Cleveland, he won't last more than 3 years.

Depends if KC brings in Polian that could work out well.  Polian has a track record of turning three teams around I see no reason why he couldn't do it again.  With that said I think a place like the Eagles or Chargers makes more sense for an older coach like Arians because you can turn those teams around more quickly and you might not have to do a complete over haul like a team like KC is looking at. 

Then John Clayton turned up the heavy metal music and ate some Chinese food.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USHZZ5bwASU

Back on topic.

I'd love for Bruce to stay, but wish him well if he really wants the opportunity.  I'd probably choose Eagles over Chargers, but you need a quicker turn around in the Philly market.  You might get more time on the Chargers to turn things around.

And I'd rather see Polian on ESPN.  He actually does have an interesting insight on occasion.  

Depends if KC brings in Polian that could work out well.  Polian has a track record of turning three teams around I see no reason why he couldn't do it again.  With that said I think a place like the Eagles or Chargers makes more sense for an older coach like Arians because you can turn those teams around more quickly and you might not have to do a complete over haul like a team like KC is looking at. 

I would love to see Polian go to another team, but whoever would hire him, would probably have to hire his son too. Which isn't worth it IMO.

Chargers have Philip Rivers still and Arians did a lot of good things for Ben Roethlisberger. Better than whoever the Eagles will have next year.

I would love to see Polian go to another team, but whoever would hire him, would probably have to hire his son too. Which isn't worth it IMO.

Chargers have Philip Rivers still and Arians did a lot of good things for Ben Roethlisberger. Better than whoever the Eagles will have next year.

He did a good job for a lot of years running our scouting department.  It was when he got out of that role and started to work more and more in the GM role that it became a problem and our drafts started to go down hill.  If he sticks to scouting I think it's a smart call. 

SD is where my money goes. Rivers is a good QB, they have some good pieces on each side of the ball, and I'm sure Arians will reach out to a Pittsburgh assistant to come in and really shape that defense up.

Philly makes sense, Foles shows promise and there is some firepower there offensively, but I think they go with a young, more unknown name for that job.

I think there is an outside chance he could land in Arizona, as well.

If we could get stood game calling like the texans game I'm all for him staying. I think pagano back may have helped that out. I don't see anything wrong with airing it out, but you usually set that up with the short stuff. Or as long as the line is able to protect.

I would understand if he wanted a head coaching job as well. Just grateful for what he has done this year.

Money and glory. Its why all coordinators leave

To me, he did not seem to like being head coach. That isnt what he signed up for.

I sense he's a guy who's quite happy with Chuck Pagano. who asked him to come here.

I dont have any allegience to him..I'm sure we could replace him easily..

But he's in a dream situation here....

Him going to Kansasa City or Philadelphia be head coach would be a step down.

..and we dont know how healthy Chuck Pagano is/..we really dont

he's the offensive coordinator for Andrew Luck....and an 11-5 team

..at his age..why would he leave..?

This is so ESPN

Again, as has been said many times but you just don't seem to get, he might leave to fullfil his dream of being the permanent head coach for his own team.  He has said numerous times that's always been a dream of his, and now, at his age, this is his best, and probably last, real opportunity to fullfil that dream.  I know several people think there's no way he'd leave coaching Luck but that's just silly and wishful thinking.  If he wants to be a HC then now's the time and he most likely will get offers.

I agree that the Eagles and Chargers are probably the best bets for him, with Chargers being the #1.  They already have solid pieces on offense and he'd be working with Chuck's brother who is (at least for now) their DC.  Bring in a couple more pieces on defense and ramp up their offense and they could very well be challenging the Broncos next year for the division. 

The Eagles would also be a good fit.  A lot of talent there and they have a very good young QB in Nick Foles.  Foles is very similar, imo, to Big Ben.  He's a big, strong QB with good pocket mobility.  He doesn't have the scrambling ability of Luck or RG3 but very good pocket awareness and movement and he can extend plays in much the same way that Big Ben does. They already have the type of receivers that Arians likes to use as well.   Their biggest problem is the OL which they can address in the draft and FA.

Another possible, though unlikely, darkhorse might be the Giants.  I highly doubt that Giants fire Coughlin, but after such a rough year and the fact he's already won 2 SB's with them in the past few years, maybe Coughlin decides to retire?  Not likely but just throwing that out there.

Kansas City and Arizona both have a lot of pieces in place too, especially on defense.  Just that neither team has a quality QB.  If one of them can make a deal for or draft a QB then they could be very intriguing for Arians as well.  And I wouldn't rule out Carolina.  I'd be interested to see what Arians could do with Cam Newton.  And if the Chargers fully clean house, then maybe Bruce takes the job in Carolina and brings in Pagano's brother to run the defense? 

One other possible dark-horse candidate...Chicago.  After another disappointing year and not making the playoffs, maybe they finally give Lovie the boot and go in a different direction.  They already have a very good QB (who just needs to be able to stay healthy) and a very good, though aging, defense.

The better teams will want YOUNG up and coming HC's to grow with.  Arians, imo, will get passed over by these teams for younger guys.  He might end up being the 3rd or 4th option for a bad team, in which case he won't take it because it's a bad team.  I think he stays.

The better teams will want YOUNG up and coming HC's to grow with.  Arians, imo, will get passed over by these teams for younger guys.  He might end up being the 3rd or 4th option for a bad team, in which case he won't take it because it's a bad team.  I think he stays.

I agree when it comes to teams like Kansas City, Arizona and Cleveland. However, San Diego, Chicago and Philly already have a lot of talent and just need someone to push them over the edge.  I think these teams will take a hard look at Arians.