Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

#5 Indy vs #4 Bal game-time start

PMan Escape Plan

Wont know till the Cowboys/Redskins is over because they will set the schedule once they know all the teams. 

I think it's the AFC's year to have the late game on Saturday this year on NBC and I think Colts/Ravens might be a bigger match up than Bengals/Texans.  I could be wrong though. 

It should be the AFC's year for the Saturday night game in the second round though and if we advance I can promise that will be Peyton against his old team. 

Wont know till the Cowboys/Redskins is over because they will set the schedule once they know all the teams. 

I think it's the AFC's year to have the late game on Saturday this year on NBC and I think Colts/Ravens might be a bigger match up than Bengals/Texans.  I could be wrong though. 

It should be the AFC's year for the Saturday night game in the second round though and if we advance I can promise that will be Peyton against his old team. 

WC weekend doesn't follow any rotation per se - NBC gets the 1st pick (Sat 8pm) and the last pick (Sat 4:30pm).  CBS and FOX get the AFC and NFC games for Sun.  Of the 4 WC games (Cincy @ Hou, Min @ GB, Sea @ Dal/Wash, Indy @ Balt), I think that Indy/Balt will be NBC's 1st pick and be on Sat night because of all the storylines (incredible turnaround season, Luck's rookie season, Chuck's comeback, and Chuck's return to Balt).  NBC has featured the other two rookie QB sensations (Wilson last Sun night and RGIII tonight).  It's Luck's turn now.

WC weekend doesn't follow any rotation per se - NBC gets the 1st pick (Sat 8pm) and the last pick (Sat 4:30pm).  CBS and FOX get the AFC and NFC games for Sun.  Of the 4 WC games (Cincy @ Hou, Min @ GB, Sea @ Dal/Wash, Indy @ Balt), I think that Indy/Balt will be NBC's 1st pick and be on Sat night because of all the storylines (incredible turnaround season, Luck's rookie season, Chuck's comeback, and Chuck's return to Balt).  NBC has featured the other two rookie QB sensations (Wilson last Sun night and RGIII tonight).  It's Luck's turn now.

To an extent NBC will get one NFC and one AFC game.  Packers/Vikings will bring big ratings as will Cowboys or Redskins vs. Seahawks because of the Redskins/Cowboys.  Don't be shocked at all if NBC takes the Cowboys/Redskins for that reason and I could easily seeing them wanting the Packers for that reason as well.  With that said I am not sure how big of a draw the Texans/Bengals will be outside of the fact it's post season football so they might take Colts/Ravens to get the better AFC game figuring they can't lose with either NFC game. 

To an extent NBC will get one NFC and one AFC game.  Packers/Vikings will bring big ratings as will Cowboys or Redskins vs. Seahawks because of the Redskins/Cowboys.  Don't be shocked at all if NBC takes the Cowboys/Redskins for that reason and I could easily seeing them wanting the Packers for that reason as well.  With that said I am not sure how big of a draw the Texans/Bengals will be outside of the fact it's post season football so they might take Colts/Ravens to get the better AFC game figuring they can't lose with either NFC game. 

I was thinking that too.  Both NFC matchups are nice so NBC would still get "stuck" with a decent 4:30 game.  I'm just thinking it makes sense for NBC to feature Luck Sat night since the other rooks had their spotlight game - and ChuckStrong is now a national story, not just an Indy one.  If NBC does goes NFC at 8pm, then CBS is taking Indy/Balt and Cincy/Hou will be the 4:30 NBC Sat game like last year.

I was thinking that too.  Both NFC matchups are nice so NBC would still get "stuck" with a decent 4:30 game.  I'm just thinking it makes sense for NBC to feature Luck Sat night since the other rooks had their spotlight game - and ChuckStrong is now a national story, not just an Indy one.  If NBC does goes NFC at 8pm, then CBS is taking Indy/Balt and Cincy/Hou will be the 4:30 NBC Sat game like last year.

I thinking it would be smart because it means they will get big ratings for both games.  If they pick a NFC team for the night game they will get big ratings for that but I am not sure if the Bengals/Texans are going to draw many viewers other than the fact it would be the first game of the playoffs.  With that said none of the four games are going to equal bad ratings so who knows. 

I think the Colts/Ravens has the best story lines to it.  Luck, Chuck returning and going back to his old team.  The storyline of the Colts going back to Baltimore and what COULD be Ray Lewis's last game as a Raven.  I am not sure any of the other games have storylines near what the Colts and Ravens have but with that said NBC loves the Packers and Cowboys/Redskins and with good reason they get huge ratings anytime they are one but they are promised to get one of them no matter what. 

@ Boiler Colt Grammer What you talking about douchmagouch.  Lets put it like this ill be back at 4pm sunday and ask yall how ur day went.  I agree flacco doesnt scare anyone on the road except Tom brady cause flacco has out done him in every game we have played the pats but at home he is a diffrent QB.

@True Blue Blood  Yea with Number #18 under center and Luck aint no #18 And his luck is about to run out.

You would have thunk that but dang, our game has VERY LITTLE national interest. All the polls -- ESPN, Dan Patrick Show, CNN/SI, Sporting News/Yahoo, USA Today, NFL has the Seattle/9ers as the top game, then comes Green Bay vs. Vikqueens, then the ugly nasty last one which is a ridiculously boring match-up.

Will Redding be readdy for his former team? Will Pagano have the troops fired up for HIS former team? Will Indy be able to derail what is clearly a really, really good Ravens team (look what they did to the Giants, they blew them out). What will be in store for us. REMEMBER, when we had their number, we had Peyton Manning. Manning even was out "chess-matched" by Ed Reed on many occasions. Is Ed Reed out? Is he on IR? I don't know, but one thing is for sure,. they still have an awesome defense even without PaGONE-O, ..... the wild-card will be RICE and FLACCO - will we let Flacco destroy us. After all, he is 6 foot 6 or taller and I don't know, I just hope we don't turn him into a Pro-Bowl hall of famer on Sunday. Let's kick his tail please. Prediction COLTS 19 CROWS 17

Will Redding be readdy for his former team? Will Pagano have the troops fired up for HIS former team? Will Indy be able to derail what is clearly a really, really good Ravens team (look what they did to the Giants, they blew them out). What will be in store for us. REMEMBER, when we had their number, we had Peyton Manning. Manning even was out "chess-matched" by Ed Reed on many occasions. Is Ed Reed out? Is he on IR? I don't know, but one thing is for sure,. they still have an awesome defense even without PaGONE-O, ..... the wild-card will be RICE and FLACCO - will we let Flacco destroy us. After all, he is 6 foot 6 or taller and I don't know, I just hope we don't turn him into a Pro-Bowl hall of famer on Sunday. Let's kick his tail please. Prediction COLTS 19 CROWS 17

The early word on Redding was I think a deep thigh bruise and they anticipated that he would be ready for Balt. Flaccco has been a pretty good QB in playoff games. If you think back to last year , he was pretty clutch on that last drive vs the Pats . 

Heading to the game in Baltimore this weekend with my wife and we're wondering - anyone been to Baltimore and M&T Bank Stadium?  Tips on places to grub, cool local bars, must sees, places to avoid, maybe an underground  Colts fan hangout?  We're going to the game, and have Friday and Saturday to check out the city.  Thinking about maybe cruising up to D.C. to say what up to the Capitol and thank them for playing nice with the fiscal cliff.  

For a Colts fan who hasn't been to an away playoff game before, any advice in general would be much Uh-Pree-She-8-ted.  

Go Horse.

Riggs

Heading to the game in Baltimore this weekend with my wife and we're wondering - anyone been to Baltimore and M&T Bank Stadium?  Tips on places to grub, cool local bars, must sees, places to avoid, maybe an underground  Colts fan hangout?  We're going to the game, and have Friday and Saturday to check out the city.  Thinking about maybe cruising up to D.C. to say what up to the Capitol and thank them for playing nice with the fiscal cliff.  

For a Colts fan who hasn't been to an away playoff game before, any advice in general would be much Uh-Pree-She-8-ted.  

Go Horse.

Riggs

Bring a gun and some pepper spray. 

Go Horse.

Riggs

I live in baltimore  and for the * who commented on your quote indi aint to hot either.  M&T bank is a very cool stadium. Today it isnt  a night game cause its very cool.  You can goto federal hill thats near the stadium and the inner harbor is a nice place to walk. But i would take a day to vist DC if you aint never been there before. Also during the game there will be some * to try to start stuff with you. so if your wearing your gear just ignore the * and get home safely. You know theres a *in every bunch but for the most part you will be OK  Hope you have a great time but not to good cause i want the ravens to win. But let me know how your experience was