Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tired of excuses

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

You don't miss that PI call. You just don't. I've been calling for the refs these past 3 games including today. Why do people think that refs are so honest? It's a load of crap. Refs will do what you pay them to do and they are these past 3 games. Just wait for next week. The refs are being paid to call bull calls. Why are people in so much denial about it?

There are so many questionable calls. So many none holding calls. Andrew was goin out of bounds and had one foot out and he was still hit. No call. If the colts are playing bad ball then I want the game called fairly in the very least.

Sick of these refs and it's just going to continue into the post season if we even make it there.

So many none holding calls its sickening

You don't miss that PI call. You just don't. I've been calling for the refs these past 3 games including today. Why do people think that refs are so honest? It's a load of crap. Refs will do what you pay them to do and they are these past 3 games. Just wait for next week. The refs are being paid to call bull calls. Why are people in so much denial about it?

There are so many questionable calls. So many none holding calls. Andrew was goin out of bounds and had one foot out and he was still hit. No call. If the colts are playing bad ball then I want the game called fairly in the very least.

Sick of these refs and it's just going to continue into the post season if we even make it there.

So many none holding calls its sickening

Totally agree with this. Thinking the refs are always objective is naive. There is no way you could honestly be as bad as the refs have been in certain situations these past few weeks.

I too am utterly sick of this garbage.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post... it kept freezing on me and now I can't seem to fix it.

Of course the terrible calls are horribly stupid, but we are no strangers to them. We've always had terrible calls against us, but in years past we were good enough to not let them have huge impacts like they do this season.

In coming years I'm sure, I hope, we get back to that. Then we won't have to worry about the refs.

//tinfoil hat

It's a fast moving game, and the refs are only humans. Humans make mistakes.

The media was all over the refs when they wore the replacement hats, now they just let it go game after game after game!   IMO across the league the officiating the last month and a half has been much much worse than when those new hats were making the calls!

I think the badly blown PI call on Davis' 2nd interception was the only really bad call against the Colts all day that I recall.

Otherwise,  I think the Chiefs had twice as many penalties against them as the Colts did.

So, in the grand scheme of things,  I don't think we got too hurt by the refs today.

But that one call did appear to be terrible.    I give you that.    Terrible.

The media was all over the refs when they wore the replacement hats, now they just let it go game after game after game!   IMO across the league the officiating the last month and a half has been much much worse than when those new hats were making the calls!

I agree, but I doubt they do it on purpose

That pi against VDavis on his second pick. Was incredibly putrid.. I mean he didn't even touch him

It is Ron Winters' crew, they are very flag happy. Remember, a few years ago, in 2008, at Lambeau Field, Tim Jennings called for all those penalties and yellow flags flying all over the place. Dungy always said "watch out for the Ron Winters crew, they are flag happy". I am glad we got that crew out of the way, I do not want them again.

I'd rather have that Carey guy's crew (that African American ref who is one of the best, IMO) or even Hoculi's crew would be fine.

...Okay then.  Refs make mistakes and make some bad calls, but they do it to every team.  Every teams fanbase every week is ALWAYS griping about the refs. The refs are out to get EVERY team in the NFL.  The only bad call that really sticks out to me is the PI on Davis' 2nd interception.  If anything it should have been illegal contact due to contact past 5 yards, but... I wouldn't have flagged anything there. ESPECIALLY not PI.

The hit on Luck going out of bounds was 100% legit.  Luck made a horrendous decision to put himself in that situation. Throw it away or make it obvious you're going out.  Luck was still getting yards, I don't blame the CB for clobbering him.

As for holding...it happens to everyone.  Holding happens on every single NFL play.  Every. Single. One.  We get away with it. The pats get away with it. Even the Chiefs get away with it.  This isn't news.

I understand being upset at calls that go against your team, but let's not go as far as calling out the referee's character, and basically calling them and the NFL crooked.

I think the badly blown PI call on Davis' 2nd interception was the only really bad call against the Colts all day that I recall.

Otherwise,  I think the Chiefs had twice as many penalties against them as the Colts did.

So, in the grand scheme of things,  I don't think we got too hurt by the refs today.

But that one call did appear to be terrible.    I give you that.    Terrible.

The no-call on the Luck hit was bad also. The Chiefs are a 2 win team for many reasons, penalties are just one of those reasons.

yeah the refs are pretty bad and very inconsistant. we already gotta play the team on the field and we dont need the refs being s second team. Itz the same thing in college basketball, just horrid! I wouldnt mind the whole fining Idea either. I know some calls are close and some are gonna be missed but Its gone beyond that and in some instances effecting the outcome of a game.

The no-call on the Luck hit was bad also. The Chiefs are a 2 win team for many reasons, penalties are just one of those reasons.

Thanks for reminding me....   I meant to ask about that hit.    I was at a Sports Bar with no sound.   So, I could not hear what the announcers were saying.

The hit -- to me, at least -- was not a late hit.  

So,  was the flag for using the top of the helmet as a weapon?     That was the only thing I could figure.   

Can someone explain that one to me, please?

Thanks....