Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collins Is The "perfect" Man For This Challenge.

John Dee

Yea, but he was also younger at the time; however, after watching this, I do feel more confident in Collins. Also, its great how young he looks at 1:03 lol

I hope he wins the Superbowl he's been looking for - even if Manning does come back and Collins has to ride another bench.

Collins is the perfect journeyman for this task. I've watched and appreciated Collins for many many years now and there is a very surreal feeling to realize that now our entire season may rest on the shoulders of Kerry Collins. Wow, I mean....who'd have seen this just 4 months ago when we were all pondering whether or not there would even be a season?

I think I feel more confident with Collins than with anybody else. If Manning, by some twist of terrible fate, goes to IR, I'd like to see us pick up Garrard on a single year deal, for one, to back up Collins, two, to scout the Jaguars, and three to possibly be the permanent backup to Manning, if he comes cheap enough.

BOTTOM LINE; Colts are finally going to pay the price for 1)zero back up at QB 2) weak offensive line 3) weak running game. Face it fellow loyal Colts fans Collins is not mobile and not young and not successful. It would not sh

ock me to see Painter or someone else come in if and when the season appears to be lost. One bad year is not the end of the world. Live to fight tomorrow!!!

Just keep it simple Kerry. Short quick passes to Dallas, Reggie, and Tamme will open things up downfield to Reggie and Garcon. Work on the screens and draws to Joe. Don't force things. And PLEASE, PROTECT THE BALL! No fumbles/fumbled snaps or stupid interceptions. No turnovers = great chance at winning. They're going to blitz you, but that will leave man to man or someone wide open. Be smart, read the D at the line. You can win this Kerry, I believe it, I can feel it! Anyone else out there feeling it? Well is there? Let's hear from ya!

Just keep it simple Kerry. Short quick passes to Dallas, Reggie, and Tamme will open things up downfield to Reggie and Garcon. Work on the screens and draws to Joe. Don't force things. And PLEASE, PROTECT THE BALL! No fumbles/fumbled snaps or stupid interceptions. No turnovers = great chance at winning. They're going to blitz you, but that will leave man to man or someone wide open. Be smart, read the D at the line. You can win this Kerry, I believe it, I can feel it! Anyone else out there feeling it? Well is there? Let's hear from ya!

Yea i feel it lol, I also think we will be relying heavily on our defense to step things up tremendously from last year. We need to get off the field on 3rd downs.

I think we are going to do everything we can to get Collins acclimated to our offense. That is going to mean running a lot to set up the play action pass. I foresee a bubble screen or two to Garcon and quick slants to Dallas in the first quarter or two against the Texans. Once he gets his feet wet, it wouldn't surprise me if we try and stretch the field a little bit. I think we are going to put up one heck of a fight against the Texans on Sunday.

I think we are going to do everything we can to get Collins acclimated to our offense. That is going to mean running a lot to set up the play action pass. I foresee a bubble screen or two to Garcon and quick slants to Dallas in the first quarter or two against the Texans. Once he gets his feet wet, it wouldn't surprise me if we try and stretch the field a little bit. I think we are going to put up one heck of a fight against the Texans on Sunday.

I honestly think we will win if we dont turn the ball over and keep them off the field.

I have said it in a post prior. Collins will do fine if the playbook is tailored down and the O-Line blocks for him Collins can get it done. People lets remember the Colts still have a ton of weapons. So lets get behind Collins, I know we all hate the statement"bend but don't break" I think we need to embrace that phrase for now. Go Collins, Go Colts.

Hi, I am new to this site and just hope ya'll get the good Kerry. He was ok here in Nashville but never showed much spirit or really cared if he won or loss, I could be wrong but that was my impression.

I couldn't find a place to post my feelings for Peyton, Knowing what kind of competeder he is I really feel sorry for him and the fans. I have been to a few games there and was treated with some of the nicest people, very curtious even though I was for the other team. For me it was a reflection of the Indy fans, you guys are great people and have enjoyed some very, very good Football and hopefully Peyton will heal fast and get Kerry out of there :)

ronnie from Nashville

BOTTOM LINE; Colts are finally going to pay the price for 1)zero back up at QB 2) weak offensive line 3) weak running game. Face it fellow loyal Colts fans Collins is not mobile and not young and not successful. It would not sh

ock me to see Painter or someone else come in if and when the season appears to be lost. One bad year is not the end of the world. Live to fight tomorrow!!!

Half empty, huh?

I know, I know, realistic.

Well, not until the actually play a game.

Is it O.K. to be hopeful, or is that just preparing for the noose?

Will be rooting hard but lets get real,collins will not escape a lot of the sacks peyton does.The run game does anyone think that will suddlenly be good?It will get better but harldy something you can count on.The D?I do not think they are any better than average,and the stats show that.But as berman say's that's why you play the game,we will know shortly.

Collins is not mobile and not young but neither was Peyton.....right?

He has more confidence than Painter..and honestly..more experinece than Manning...

..and he's started and won dozens of games ..He knows the division..

This man is the perefct QB to step into this particular situation...

If the rebuilt line can protect him....

...we can win Sunday..\\.

Wayne, Clark, Collie and garcon are healthly...and this is NOT the same defense that finished last season...