Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Calmness In The Center Of The Storm

Restored

First off let me say that I for one want Peyton to be on the field as much as the next guy but lets try to shed some light on the matter.

-Our RB core is as deep as its ever been with Carter showing lots of promise and Donald Brown become the 3rd stringer. and with Peyton being out, regardless of what coaching staff will say, there will definitely be more of a run-emphasis with Collins/Painter. Meaning that our RB's will not only be running well, our running game will be in prime position for when Peyton does comeback.

-Kerry Collins is not a horrible QB, even if Peyton misses a larger amount of time than expected he could still lead 8-8 even 10-6 and with 2/4 of our division in full shake up, theres no reason why we shouldnt be able to take the division. Texans addressed next.

-Arian Foster's anti-awesomeness cartlige will get knocked around week one by Drave Nevis *Nevis Continent Par Say* and Johnson. Collins and co. should be able to muster 17-20 points and our defense will take care of the rest. Our corners are a problem but our LB and DL is about as deep it has been in the Manning-era. Also, the defense will have last year on their mind. No 200 yards rushing this time.

-Lets say Peyton is out till week 5. We Houston, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay and Kansas City.

Houston- We beat them 20-17.

Cleveland- Highly winnable game with Kerry at Quarterback. Colt Mcoy is on the up and up but our defense will shut them down.

Pittsburgh- We lose this game but its closer than expected.

Tampa Bay- Now this game is on MNF but you gotta feel like Reggie will bring it with Collins that night. Reggie has a history of showing up big-time on primetime. Collins has the arm strength too.

Kansas City- Kansas City is poised for a down year and our defense should have a hay day with Cassell and that shotty O line of theirs.

So that brings us to 4-2 3-3 5-1 . 3 predictions of how we will be at that point. At that point if Peyton comes back, the season is still salvageable. Have faith Colts fans and weather the storm, it will soon come to a end.

I think i missed the question that was supposed to be asked, Im a colts fan and im naive i say the colts go 16-0 lol, theres a saying "your not dead till your dead"... Colts win every game they play until i see they lose one.

No theres no question. Its just a response for all these fans saying we will go 3-13 and this year is done. Collins will hold the fort down for 6-5 weeks and Peyton will be back. From there its anyones game if we are 4-2/3-3.

Pretty much spoke the same words! All manageable... no worries at all.

I'll give you ELEVEN reasons why we shouldn't worry for the first few games:

Mathis

Freeney

Brackett

Bethea

Collie

Garcon

Wayne

Saturday

Powers

Vinny

Patty Mac

How many teams can name off that many high quality players?

Definitely not any in the afc south thats for sure

So good to read some positive posts after all of the doom and gloom posts of the past two days.

I agree, I believe we can hold our own without Manning for the first three or four games. 2-2 to start out would be fine by me, as long as #18 comes back ready to go sometime in early October or so.

We have some great players on both sides of the ball. I can't wait to see what they do on Sunday.

Mathis

Freeney

Brackett

Bethea

Collie

Garcon

Wayne

Saturday

Powers

Vinny

Patty Mac

I agree. I also think clark will be a huge part.

I just notice he didnt even mention clark lol colts got so many talented players you cant even name them all smh... what other team has that?

It's nice to have all this talent, but that's not where the key is. The Cowboys have tons of talent, but no leadership. The Colts always have lots of talent, but get injured. If we can stay healthy, there isn't a team that can stop us. Problem is that very rarely (possibly never) has a team gone through a season without losing a starter to injury.

I just notice he didnt even mention clark lol colts got so many talented players you cant even name them all smh... what other team has that?

He also mentioned players that no other fan would even think of mentioning in that context. Garcon, Powers and Collie, gimme a break. Like these guys will EVER see a probowl?

"What other team has that"?

What? You mean 8 probowl caliber players? errmm.....LOTS OF TEAMS!

Look at Pitt, SD, NE, PHI, Balt, GrnBay, NYJ, heck even crumby Dallas has a litany of probowl caliber players.

I think we still win the division this year, I'm calling 8/8 or even 10/6 if mannings out for the season. Collins is still better than half the other qb's in this league. Our guys will come out with a fire lit under them because everyone says they can't play without manning. I'm tired of the media bashing and can't wait to see our boys prove them wrong. On another note when did spineless Wade Phillips who couldn't win in Dallas all the sudden make Houston so great?

No theres no question. Its just a response for all these fans saying we will go 3-13 and this year is done. Collins will hold the fort down for 6-5 weeks and Peyton will be back. From there its anyones game if we are 4-2/3-3.

Without Peyton we don't have enough of a package to contend. I'm not a 3 and 13 kind of person but I'm saying it's going to be a losing season if Peyton doesn't play.

He also mentioned players that no other fan would even think of mentioning in that context. Garcon, Powers and Collie, gimme a break. Like these guys will EVER see a probowl?

"What other team has that"?

What? You mean 8 probowl caliber players? errmm.....LOTS OF TEAMS!

Look at Pitt, SD, NE, PHI, Balt, GrnBay, NYJ, heck even crumby Dallas has a litany of probowl caliber players.

Im sorry what? you must be on some hydro stuff if you think Garcon, powers and collie cant make the probowl... like seriously whats in your hand there lol smh

Without Peyton we don't have enough of a package to contend. I'm not a 3 and 13 kind of person but I'm saying it's going to be a losing season if Peyton doesn't play.

Um yes we do. You could argue that reggie, collie and Clark and Saturday all make peyton just as good as he makes them. Football is a balanced game. There's still 54 other players on this roster that have something else to say to your comments. Watch out this Sunday.

Im sorry what? you must be on some hydro stuff if you think Garcon, powers and collie cant make the probowl... like seriously whats in your hand there lol smh

Knock it off.

Collie, OK maybe some potential for a 1 time future vote in if he stops getting knocked loopy and twisting his knees. Garçon? He couldn't catch a cold in Alaska. Powers....completely unproven on a scale wide enough to consider him among the top ten corners in the league. Thats a fool hearty stretch of childish proportions. Touting those average joe's like they've heralded accolades throughout the league is flat-out dumber than a box of dog hair. If any of them could stay healthy, they might be able to climb the grandstands so's they could watch a Probowl game.

Then again I'm talkin to Curtis Painter's greatest fan so what do I expect.

I love football. I love the Colts. But I will not sit here like a doofus and act like we're going to the super bowl with this team in it's current shape, nor am I going to pretend that every Colt is a probowler.

Knock it off.

Collie, OK maybe some potential for a 1 time future vote in if he stops getting knocked loopy and twisting his knees. Garçon? He couldn't catch a cold in Alaska. Powers....completely unproven on a scale wide enough to consider him among the top ten corners in the league. Thats a fool hearty stretch of childish proportions. Touting those average joe's like they've heralded accolades throughout the league is flat-out dumber than a box of dog hair. If any of them could stay healthy, they might be able to climb the grandstands so's they could watch a Probowl game.

I love football. I love the Colts. But I will not sit here like a doofus and act like we're going to the super bowl with this team in it's current shape, nor am I going to pretend that every Colt is a probowler.

Well said, and very true.

-Our RB core is as deep as its ever been with Carter showing lots of promise and Donald Brown become the 3rd stringer. and with Peyton being out, regardless of what coaching staff will say, there will definitely be more of a run-emphasis with Collins/Painter. Meaning that our RB's will not only be running well, our running game will be in prime position for when Peyton does comeback.

You really think the run game will be better without Manning? Addai and Brown combined last year for less than a 1,000 yards, the run game was absolutely horrible. Sure there will be a bigger emphasis on the run game and more oppurtunites, but that will probably be more of a detriment if anything. Manning's passing game is what opens up the run game. Even with Manning playing this team would run the ball more if they could. It opens up play action, gives the opposing defense another threat to worry about and slows the offense game down to allow the defense rest.

"It's nice to have all this talent, but that's not where the key is. The Cowboys have tons of talent, but no leadership."

Smartest thing I've seen posted in a LONG time. While I'm not panicking like some I think Peyton's ability to read a defense and course correct to pull the team out of a jam are going to be sorely missed. His LEADERSHIP will be sorely missed out on the field.

No I'm not a 3-13 gal but I am worried!

Mathis

Freeney

Brackett

Bethea

Collie

Garcon

Wayne

Saturday

Powers

Vinny

Patty Mac

I really don't agree with this list. While Brackett Bethea and Powers and good players, at least in this system, Mathis and Freeney are the only two guys on that D who are superstar quality. Even when our defense is healthy, they let guys drive down the field all day on them routinely. Regardless of whether you think they are good players, they do not make us a good defense.

Wayne is legit. Clark is Legit. Collie may BECOME legit. But to name any one of our O-linemen, when they are going to be such a handicap for us this year, is a joke. Saturday is a superstar only because of our emotional attachment to all he has done for us, not because he is a top o-lineman in this league.

And to name our punter and kicker is a joke. Vinny might be able to win you a game here and there, even a big game. But vinny cannot win you 12 of them. He relies too much on the rest of the team.

OVerall, I am quite the doom and gloom type of fan, only because I think that ALL facets of our team are based on the Manning style offense.

Knock it off.

You must be out yo mind man, collie is one of the better slot receivers in the league we're not talking about if they stay healthy we're talking about if they have the potential to be in the probowl and you can bet they do. and just to make some things clear in 2009 and 2010 Jerraud powers had a better season than Nnamdi Asomugha, had almost double the amount of pass defended as Nnamdi... sooo um yea they do have potential. Idk what you you talking about... T.O wasnt the best catcher yet he still was able to have a stellar career

Mathis

Freeney

Brackett

Bethea

Collie

Garcon

Wayne

Saturday

Powers

Vinny

Patty Mac

I really don't agree with this list. While Brackett Bethea and Powers and good players, at least in this system, Mathis and Freeney are the only two guys on that D who are superstar quality. Even when our defense is healthy, they let guys drive down the field all day on them routinely. Regardless of whether you think they are good players, they do not make us a good defense.

Wayne is legit. Clark is Legit. Collie may BECOME legit. But to name any one of our O-linemen, when they are going to be such a handicap for us this year, is a joke. Saturday is a superstar only because of our emotional attachment to all he has done for us, not because he is a top o-lineman in this league.

And to name our punter and kicker is a joke. Vinny might be able to win you a game here and there, even a big game. But vinny cannot win you 12 of them. He relies too much on the rest of the team.

OVerall, I am quite the doom and gloom type of fan, only because I think that ALL facets of our team are based on the Manning style offense.

Bethea and powers can fit in any system... when bob was healthy the colts were considered to have the best saftey tandem in the NFL, powers is up and coming the guy is only getting better.

Knock it off.

Great post IMO.

I made this comment in a previous thread, when the subject was brought up about Collins previous record with Tennessee. You know the 13-3 season everyone keeps hanging their hat on.

I want to get this straight right off the bat, I think Collins is a capable quarterback as long as he has the TALENT around him. When in Tennessee he had a great running game with CJ and White as the power back, when you have that it opens up the play book and gives the QB a comfort level. Do we have anyone even remotely close to CJ's talent at running back? Do you really think teams will respect our running game? Not even close.

The offensive line he had in Tennessee was solid, mean, and nasty anchored by Kevin Mawae and not to mention Jake Scott. They could run block and pass block effectively. Thus this keeps the running game flowing, the quarter back clean and adds yet another level of comfort. Do we have that type of offensive line here in Indy? No, we have a rag tag bunch of misfits and rookies with the exception of Saturday.

Now lets move on to the defense that Tennessee had, lets be honest it was talented, hard hitting, spit in your eye nasty. Keith Bullock, Haynesworth, Kyle Vanden Bosch and Cortland Finnegan to name a few. This again adds another level of comnfort, yes for the quarter back. He knows if he makes a mistake that his defense has got his back and will just not bend over and take it up the, well you know.

All these things I mentioned make a QB feel comfortable with his surroundings and it shows in his performance. Look guys I love this team but sometimes you have to face reality. I think Collins will do the best he can, but please with these over zealous predictions.

Collie, OK maybe some potential for a 1 time future vote in if he stops getting knocked loopy and twisting his knees.

You're not going to be convinced until you see, but Collie has all the tools to be a top 5 WR in the league.

Garçon? He couldn't catch a cold in Alaska.

That's not saying much, colds are no more common in Alaska than anywhere else.
Powers....completely unproven on a scale wide enough to consider him among the top ten corners in the league. Thats a fool hearty stretch of childish proportions. Touting those average joe's like they've heralded accolades throughout the league is flat-out dumber than a box of dog hair. If any of them could stay healthy, they might be able to climb the grandstands so's they could watch a Probowl game.
Injuries are an issue but when Powers plays he is an upper tier CB.

I have not seen anyone claim every Colt is a probowler (although stampede blue and their followers seem to think every player the Colts release is a probowler). But this is still an excellent team. With Manning they are one of three favorites to represent the AFC in the SB, without Manning, we will see but they still have the makings of an excellent team.

Mathis

Freeney

Brackett

Bethea

Collie

Garcon

Wayne

Saturday

Powers

Vinny

Patty Mac

Clark

If he plays well, I would like to add Bullitt, also.

You're not going to be convinced until you see, but Collie has all the tools to be a top 5 WR in the league.

Yea, you're right.....I prefer to actually see a guy prove himself before I proclaim him as probowl worthy. Weird kink I have. Collie, I question his toughness and durability.

Smitto Wrote:

You must be out yo mind man, collie is one of the better slot receivers in the league we're not talking about if they stay healthy we're talking about if they have the potential to be in the probowl and you can bet they do. and just to make some things clear in 2009 and 2010 Jerraud powers had a better season than Nnamdi Asomugha, had almost double the amount of pass defended as Nnamdi... sooo um yea they do have potential. Idk what you you talking about... T.O wasnt the best catcher yet he still was able to have a stellar career

Why? Why did he have twice the pass defended than Asomugha? Do you know how to read footballs more ancillary statistics? I vote that you do not. Nnamdi is an elite corner that QB's avoid. They X out that side of the field, therefor, Nnamdi doesn't get half the opportunities to defend a pass. The fact that he forces teams to omit there best receiver is a far more potent statistic, a stat that is so technical it isn't even recorded.

In other words, whats more impressive than passes defended is the fact that they won't even throw to that cat (Nnamdi).