Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm Sorry! Hilton Is Not The Answer On Special Teams

krunk

..and if they consistently go back to TY....

I think our coaches (and Front office) judgement is that they drafted TY to return kicks..and that they didnt sign Tommy Z . to return them.

Gotta have patience with rookies...

Hilton's got the speed to be game breaker and he need touches..

A KO return is a free touch........

Do you think they would if one of those other guys they've tried so far actually produced anything? Unfortunately there hasn't been anyone else on the team that has done enough for them to not stay with Hilton on special teams. There are other guys like Brazil but he tends to fumble. Zibikowski needs to focus on being the starting safety. We even went so far as to try and pick up Trindan Holliday. That tells you they are looking for other answers. Why? Because although Holliday makes mistakes, he gets the ball and he hits the seam hard. If Hilton would just do that, I wouldn't have much of a complaint.

I don't think punt and kickoff return is something you wait 2 and 3 years for a guy to develop on. Especially if that guy has the potential to be a 1,000 yard plus receiver. Give that special teams job to somebody else. If Hilton makes the necessary improvements in this area, then I'll gladly say I am 100 percent wrong.

Our Special Teams has sucked Kick off and Punt return wise for years. We have to be one of the worst in the League as far as return TDs

Before the season, Jim Irsay made a point of saying that we had to improve our ST play. The sad thing is that our overall ST play HAS improved, yet it's still horrible.

It seemed like up til now our coverage had improved, while our return games were still garbage. Yesterday's game proved both phases are still very poor. I wonder if any drastic steps will be taken before next season.

I normally try to be optimistic about most things, but T.Y. just does not seem to be the answer on special teams. He's a fine WR, but punt and kick returner he just seems to be daised and confused. I once made similar statements about Ballard and then afterwards he improved at his position. Maybe Hilton will get better, but it sure doesn't seem like it.

Not to mention that his fundamentals are bad in the return game. You cannot hold the ball away for your body. You're just asking to be stripped.

When the guy fumbles during the game and bobbles it on another punt return (not to mention not returning more than 15 yards each time), IT'S TIME FOR A NEW GUY. The blocking isn't great, but TY was just horrible today.

Give me a break.

You still did not answer my question. I'm unsatisfied with T.Y as a returner too, but do you know for a fact LaVon will be better? Like you said?

What particular game did you see him do well? It's great you're quoting his receiver stats, but NO ONE is judging him as a receiver because he has a bright future there. We are judging him as a kick returner and a punt returner. We are going into our 11th game, and there has not been more than 1 decent return all year long. If the Colts were receptive to the rookie excuse then they would not be trying other guys back there like Zibikowski, Vaughn, and Brazil. As B.A. clearly stated "there are no more rookies" at this point. They know he is having problems in that area, and it simply can not be all blamed on blocking. Especially on the kick returns!

Im not saying that hes been doing good in kickoff returns but he has only fumbled once in the patriots game and we still got the ball back so its not horrible and he bobbled one punt return and the Colts shouldnt give up on him from that plus im not blaming it on blocking but if u see all great kickoff or punt returns start with a good block and some good blocks would definetely help. I agree he hasnt been very good in kickoff returns but in punt returns he hasnt been that bad and plus the colts dont have any great returners and havent had one in a while so y not take a risk on someone who has had experience in returns, i agree college isnt the same as NFL but let him get to adjust to the NFL and we will see if he gets better. Unless he has a bad return or fumble that costs the colts points or the game then they shouldnt give up on him. I saw him in college and he is a great returner and he can break out in returns any one of these Sundays.

Palmer? He has no history of returning kicks. I don't see even one from his years at Northern Illinois. I'd rather not throw someone back there who hasn't ever done it, especially punts. Kickoffs, sure. Punts, I want someone who has actually done that before.

no that teddy williams guy

TY is a special talent... you are blind if you can't see it.

He is a "game changer". .. and has been proving it the second half of this season.

I just wish the staff would get AVERY out of the game and give TY all his snaps when they are not on the field together. He is the far superior player.

I have to give T.Y his credit. He showed a lot of improvement today. That's what I wanted to see! Looks like he may be able to give us some juice in the punt returns. I'm still cool if somebody else does the kick returns though.

....Its all cool, krunk,...we're 7-3....and its a wonderful world..

TY is a special talent... you are blind if you can't see it.

He is a "game changer". .. and has been proving it the second half of this season.

I just wish the staff would get AVERY out of the game and give TY all his snaps when they are not on the field together. He is the far superior player.

I've been saying since day one that TY would produce both in punt returns and at receiver...and being one of the most staunch defenders against those that said differently..He deserves to be starting over Avery, and seeing more targets...The kid is a special talent..and I am so glad that he's on the Colts...Now...can the pro shop put some Hilton jersey's up for sale...I've been waiting since preseason for one....

Ok, it seems like punt returning is his thing. This game proved that he deserves a few more shots at punt returning.

Leave kick returning to someone else.

Play makers will make something happen as long as they have good initial blocks. Yesterday was the 1st time all season TY actually had time to make a move. If they block for him on kickoffs, he'll take one of those to the house as well. I doubt we use him for both punts and kickoffs anymore, however. He's too valuable at receiver now.