Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tommie Harris Cut

hockey878

because what you said was wrong. You said second round picks. I pointed out that Angerer and Moala were not misses. Despite what some believe Polian is not nearly as bad at his job as some make him out to be.

Yeah he's had misses, what GM doesn't?

What i believe?I like polian but facts are facts.I understand he has had misses,but they are piling up.And the fact that you mentioned angerer and moala ...are they really good players yet?I mean i am hoping they are but way to early for you to say they are keeper's.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

because what you said was wrong. You said second round picks lately. I pointed out that Angerer and Moala our last two second round picks were not misses. Despite what some believe Polian is not nearly as bad at his job as some make him out to be.

Yeah he's had misses, what GM doesn't?

lol.what i said was not wrong pollack and ugoh are busts.Your wrong.

What i believe?I like polian but facts are facts.I understand he has had misses,but they are piling up.And the fact that you mentioned angerer and moala ...are they really good players yet?I mean i am hoping they are but way to early for you to say they are keeper's.

They are both good enough to start after one year or their rookie years in the NFL. I'd say that makes them pretty good. What does it take to be really good to you? A pro-bowler or Hall of Famer?

lol.what i said was not wrong pollack and ugoh are busts.Your wrong.

I never said Ugoh wasn't a bust. The jury is still out on Polack since he's still on the roster. It could very well be that he's just not good enough to be a guard in the NFL but will do fine at center which is the poistion he played in college. What you said about second round picks lately being busts was wrong when I pointed out Polians last two second round picks are both pretty good players for us.

I never said Ugoh wasn't a bust. The jury is still out on Polack since he's still on the roster. It could very well be that he's just not good enough to be a guard in the NFL but will do fine at center which is the poistion he played in college. What you said about second round picks lately being busts was wrong when I pointed out Polians last two second round picks are both pretty good players for us.

Obviously,he is not going to miss on every pick.But the drafts lately have not been fruitful like in years past.For us to remain on top we can't be having mediocre drafts.

Just because it's a forum, doesn't mean ignorance is welcomed. People don't express their opinions. They talk as if what they are saying is absolute truth, and the front office of a mega-million dollar franchise has no idea what they are doing.

We are completely in the right to dispute those comments.

No one said anywhere that they always make the right moves. Can you pull up that quote somewhere? Didn't think so. Furthermore, every single franchise makes bad moves, but it's almost always in hindsight that the quality of the decision can be determined. Overall, the Colts are in the top 5 for consistent intelligence.

We also had an excess of DT's, and Nevis is catching on quickly. Which would you rather have? A talented DT who's young, has lots of promise, and is mega-disruptive? Or an old DT, with known injury issues, and is on the decline, but can still be a force.

Option A is the smart move 100% of the time.

You are missing my point, you say the organization isn't correct 100% of the time, which agrees with my point, but I never said anyone said they were. I was saying that to just say "don't question the colts, I trust them" is a cop out. I trust the colts too, but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about what they do.

Now to mirror your point, I bet you could go through this entire thread and not find one person who said "the colts never make the right moves" as you quoted.

Also, who ever said to cut Nevis? I said I'd rather have a pro bowler DT on the decline and Edgerrin James' cousin at RB than chad span and darren evens.

i am sick to my stomach about this. he was great at getting pressure, stout against the run and had enough awareness to deflect passes at the LOS. this is such a STUPID move on the colts part. at least give him the year. it was only a 1 year contract. let him play so we can have a good D line for once. horrible, horrible move....

Obviously,he is not going to miss on every pick.But the drafts lately have not been fruitful like in years past.For us to remain on top we can't be having mediocre drafts.

Honestly if you look back at all of Polian's drafts he's never had one where you just go oh my gosh he just nailed every pick. Frankly he bats about 50% in drafts which is pretty good. It's just as of late he's been getting better value in later rounds where as earlier he was getting better value in early round picks.

Honestly if you look back at all of Polian's drafts he's never had one where you just go oh my gosh he just nailed every pick. Frankly he bats about 50% in drafts which is pretty good. It's just as of late he's been getting better value in later rounds where as earlier he was getting better value in early round picks.

Do you prescribe to the theory that missed 1st and second rounders set back your team?I ask because the press seems to think that will be our downfall.

I'm guessing that would be for a RT. Linkenbach will probably make the 53 man roster but he's not a starter. Ijalana did not play a good game until the Cincy game so he is not ready.

I definately agree with you that Link is no starter and Ijalana could use some more time, but I would still like to see them bolster the DT posistion some. Im excited about Nevis and I think Moala is turning into a good player, but beyond that im still a little iffy.

Do you prescribe to the theory that missed 1st and second rounders set back your team?I ask because the press seems to think that will be our downfall.

Yes they have, it's pretty clear the miss on Ugoh hurt us. Remains to be seen what happens with Brown or Hughes (or if Hughes will even fit the miss catagory but right now it's not trending the right way but neither was Moala at this point in his career). The Colts secrect has always been that they have been able to over come mistakes in the past.

I will say this the one down fall to hitting in the later rounds vs. the early rounds is that the early rounds is where you get the really really really good players,like Hall of Fame level or the better players in the league at their poistions with guys like Manning, Freeney, Wayne, Clark where as the later rounds you can get some very good players but the odds of them being that good is small.

I just don't like it when people try to pretend like Polian hasn't gotten anything out of the draft in recent years. They have, Garcon, Collie, Powers, McAfee, Conner, Angerer, Moala just to name a few. They just haven't had a "super star" pick since probaly Clark (depending on how you feel about Bethea). With that said it's also had to find those players when you pick at the end of round one every year. Frnakly if our draft class this year pans out like they look like they will early it will do a lot to calm Colts fans nervs about Polian's drafting skills.

Yes they have, it's pretty clear the miss on Ugoh hurt us. Remains to be seen what happens with Brown or Hughes (or if Hughes will even fit the miss catagory but right now it's not trending the right way but neither was Moala at this point in his career). The Colts secrect has always been that they have been able to over come mistakes in the past.

I will say this the one down fall to hitting in the later rounds vs. the early rounds is that the early rounds is where you get the really really really good players,like Hall of Fame level or the better players in the league at their poistions with guys like Manning, Freeney, Wayne, Clark where as the later rounds you can get some very good players but the odds of them being that good is small.

I just don't like it when people try to pretend like Polian hasn't gotten anything out of the draft in recent years. They have, Garcon, Collie, Powers, McAfee, Conner, Angerer, Moala just to name a few. They just haven't had a "super star" pick since probaly Clark (depending on how you feel about Bethea). With that said it's also had to find those players when you pick at the end of round one every year. Frnakly if our draft class this year pans out like they look like they will early it will do a lot to calm Colts fans nervs about Polian's drafting skills.

I worry because our core guys are aging,and we more than most teams build mostly through the draft.Dwight is getting up there and i was hoping hughes would be his successor.

I worry because our core guys are aging,and we more than most teams build mostly through the draft.Dwight is getting up there and i was hoping hughes would be his successor.

and who knows Hughes may still be his successor. I would agree our core players are going to get older but that's the rise and fall of the NFL at some point it was going to happen to the Colts. At that point you have to take advantage of high picks when you get them. Like I said before Castonzo develops into what we looks like he could in the pre-season that's going to quiet some concerns and probably be enough to keep us in the playoffs till Manning is done at that point we are rebuilding regardless just because I don't think there is another QB in the NFL or college football who can do what Manning does. I don't think rebuilding is a death sentance though as long as you do it right. We'll see what happens. If it doesn't work it's nothing I haven't seen before with the Colts so I guess I just don't worry about it.

Right or wrong, if the D continues to struggle with the same issues as last year, this decision will be scrutinized ad nauseum

Definitely surprised by this move - I *thought* I saw him being active and playing on the other side of the LOS throughout pre-season ..plus I thought the coaches sounded happy with him

Right or wrong, if the D continues to struggle with the same issues as last year, this decision will be scrutinized ad nauseum

Definitely surprised by this move - I *thought* I saw him being active and playing on the other side of the LOS throughout pre-season ..plus I thought the coaches sounded happy with him

Cutting him doesn't mean the coaches weren't happy with him. I just think the guys who did make the roster out performed him plus being hurt for the first couple of games didn't help his cause.

Well initially I was very surprised and disappointed at this move, but if what was posted about him missing time on an injury that the staff didn't feel was serious then I can definitely see the reasoning for cutting him. However I'm not convinced that Gill or Ogbu are going to be any kind of answer for us, though to be perfectly fair they are both still very young so could definitely improve with time and experience.

Well initially I was very surprised and disappointed at this move, but if what was posted about him missing time on an injury that the staff didn't feel was serious then I can definitely see the reasoning for cutting him. However I'm not convinced that Gill or Ogbu are going to be any kind of answer for us, though to be perfectly fair they are both still very young so could definitely improve with time and experience.

The Ghost of Bob Sanders strikes. The Front Office of this club is rotten through it's core. They have replaced one despot with a clone.

We can survive with good or great late rounders whilst we have Peyton, but the future is bleak when we chuck away our top picks, and the cash that goes with it.

This is not about cutting TH, it's about the pathetic ego of Sir Bill of Bust Land.

DT-Tommie Harris (6-3, 295 pounds, Oklahoma): In three preseason games, totaled two tackles (one solo), one sack, one tackle for loss, two quarterback hurries and one pass defensed. In his seven-year NFL career, all with the Bears, recorded 286 tackles (155 solo), 28.5 sacks, six forced fumbles, seven fumble recoveries and one interception.

The Ghost of Bob Sanders strikes. The Front Office of this club is rotten through it's core. They have replaced one despot with a clone.

We can survive with good or great late rounders whilst we have Peyton, but the future is bleak when we chuck away our top picks, and the cash that goes with it.

This is not about cutting TH, it's about the pathetic ego of Sir Bill of Bust Land.

I don't know if you realize this or not but your post makes absolutely no sense. If, as you claim, this was about Polian's ego. Would not his ego be boosted if he signed a player for a cheap 1 year deal that turned out to be really good for the Colts?

If it was about Polian's ego, would he not then force a 1st rounder like Hughes to start over a 5th rounder like Mathis so his ego can be boosted?

If it was about his ego and ego only would not winning every game boost his ego more than the individual accolades of any single player?

"Tommie Harris seemed to play well enough to stick, but the former first-round defensive tackle apparently wanted to be treated like the team’s top defensive linemen and the team didn’t like the attitude." Paul Kuharsky

I didn't expect this to be a reason or the reason he was cut, but a shame that it is a reason.

"Tommie Harris seemed to play well enough to stick, but the former first-round defensive tackle apparently wanted to be treated like the team’s top defensive linemen and the team didn’t like the attitude." Paul Kuharsky

I didn't expect this to be a reason or the reason he was cut, but a shame that it is a reason.

Yeah, that really is a shame. I'll never accuse the Colts of putting up with locker room cancers, though.

It's commendable to find overachieving utility players at the bottom of the draft but, if you have the philosophy of building a team thru the draft and you refuse to spend money on superior(but over-paid) free-agents, then it is crucial that your top draft picks play like top draft picks.

If a " build thru the draft" team goes 3-5 years with many of their top picks becoming utility players (or worse, getting cut) and they still refuse to sign those coveted(hi-priced)free-agents, they end up with a team that is starting a bunch of back-ups.