Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tommie Harris Cut

hockey878

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there went all the high hopes for him helping the D-line. Im really starting to think the Colts actually like having a weak D-line.

SERIOUSLY!!! Because Tommie Harris is the best defensive tackle in the history of the world and was destroying every offensive lineman every play in the preseason!! Grrr, Polians... I should be GM!!

(warning: read cautiously)

If this is true that such a bad move in my opinion. He played very well and i think a veteran DT is better than any other guy we have. I wonder whose butt got save if this is true.

Edit: if they keep Gill over Harris im going have a cow cause Gill sucks IMO and i remember reading somewhere that Gill was a horrible football player and the only reason he would stay is for incredible strength. It was a colts article that i read awhile back.

Tommie Harris Cut. Tweeted by schefter. all over twitter. thoughts?

My first thought is you have to be kidding me. He looked great against the Packers and had a sack. He looked very disruptive and quite frankly, IMO, brought everything to the position that we've been lacking. No doubt Nevis brings this as well. In the end, I figured we'd have: F Miola / T Harris / Nevis / A Johnson / Foster which would be cosniderable depth. I suppose until we see what the final roster looks like and if we go get a DT that brings the same threat as T Harris but with a better health record, we can't rush to a final judgement. That said, on the surface, this looks as stupid as our first round draft of Hughes a year ago.

SERIOUSLY!!! Because Tommie Harris is the best defensive tackle in the history of the world and was destroying every offensive lineman every play in the preseason!! Grrr, Polians... I should be GM!!

The DT posistion needs all the help it can get. I know and have said before he's not what he used to be, but still he was nice depth to have.

really,

so you think freakin Gill is going to do better??? The guy made a couple of great plays and pressures, and heck he got a DT SACK!!!!

He was extremely good Depth, and could have contributed to make a great D-;ine. He definitly wasn't cut because he didn't play to his contract, it must be because of the waiver wire or that they like Nevis THAT much, or an injury

This was a big B.S move otherwise, no one says they should be Polian, and don't kiss his butt for this, until we get an explanation.

i really hated this when i first saw it but now the more i think about it the more it makes since because he has already been injured in the limited time that he has been here just imagine a 19 game season ( cause we will be in the superbowl) he would just be a wasted roster spot until he proves he can stay healthy thats y i believe they will release gonzo today also

i really hated this when i first saw it but now the more i think about it the more it makes since because he has already been injured in the limited time that he has been here just imagine a 19 game season ( cause we will be in the superbowl) he would just be a wasted roster spot until he proves he can stay healthy thats y i believe they will release gonzo today also

I can't remember the exact quote that Caldwell provided a la Dungy, but it referenced a players ability to play and not be hurt. I think the team learned a lot of lessons from last year in terms of injuries. Obviously, no player gets hurt on purpose and for the most part, it's unavoidable. However, if you have players in consideration for a roster and they have a history of being injured compared to another player who, while not as good as the oft-injured player but is on the field consistently, I think the Colts actions suggest they are going with the player who is proven to not get hurt / injured. Just my 2 cents. See Sanders............and oh yeah, bye bye Gonzo. I will be shocked if he's not cut. This solely predicated on this Tommie Harris cut and what seems to be the Colts focus (both in action and in words) as it relates to players health and the importance of that in relation to a roster spot.