Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MJD possibly out 8-10 weeks

Dark Superman

Via Rotoworld. Looks like we won't have to worry about him running over us on Nov. 8th!

Your post is a little misleading. The best case scenario for MJD is that he misses weeks 8,9 and 10. Your posts reads that he will miss 8 to 10 weeks. However ... the blind squirrel did find a nut. He will miss the Colt game.

mjd being out will hurt us in the future. this basically guarantees that the jags will get the first pick in the draft which means barkley will be a jag and there are some weapons there. jags can give us trouble now

Barkley has an average arm and avergae athelicism. Don't for a minute put him in the same class as Luck and RG3

I hope I'm wrong..I like MJD, and it would be a shame if its an achillies...I really respect him and like how he runs

No doubt you are wrong. Every source known is reporting a sprained foot... including the NFL network. There is no career threatening injury mentioned anywhere. Not even a season ending injury. It's just a sprained foot that will keep him out for multiple games. Either the reporter goofed or you heard wrong.

Looks like MJD is most likely going to miss a few of weeks:

Per ESPN:

UPDATE: Jags fans, time to exhale.

According to what a team source has revealed to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, Jones-Drew has a sprained foot that will sideline him multiple games. But,

he does not need surgery, which means that it's not a Lisfranc injury, which could be season-ending.

Sprains usually call for a month of rehabilitation and a week of rest. Should be back by Week 14.

mjd being out will hurt us in the future. this basically guarantees that the jags will get the first pick in the draft which means barkley will be a jag and there are some weapons there. jags can give us trouble now

They are not going to get rid of Gabbert. They are going to fix the team around him. Mainly that offensive line that can't protect a soul, and those garbage wide receivers. I don't think they will replace Gabbert until he proves he can not perform after they have made the team more suited for a better outcome.

barkley is just another sanchez, no arm strength or mobility and he has two 1st round pick wr's on his team that's making him look better then what he really is.

Personally I like the kid from West Virginia. Geno Smith. I think he would be a good fit down there if the Jags decided to make a move. I think they are going to stick with Gabbert though.