Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A few observations

jemack

Pass protection was much better with 85 as Hback. Carter's pass blocking was exceptional. If Ballard bcomes more decisive on his cut-backs, he may be a starter. Luck will only get better, but needs to keep his eyes up field after a play action. On one play he spun to roll left and it looked like he loss sight of his receivers resulting in a sack. The timeout before half time was bizare. I figured Arians wanted just enough time for a punt return, but forgot that the Browns could just run a play to end the half. Still, he showed some nads going for it on 4th a couple of times The Browns going offsides on 4th down was h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s. The whole defense came to play (thank God) as the offense still needs to find a way to score more points in the 2nd half.

The defense absolutely has to get better on third down, it seemed like they converted every single one in the first half. That and we need Mathis back to get any sort of pass rush.

Their underneath passes were effective. Almost painful to watch

The defense absolutely has to get better on third down, it seemed like they converted every single one in the first half. That and we need Mathis back to get any sort of pass rush.

They highlighted the 3rd down percentage for both teams as 5/7. So...yeah, we needed to buck up a bit more to get them off the field.

I was also at the game and it was very subdued but with the way that the other home games have went, anything other than a last second game winner will seem boring.I will say that I was surprised at the number of Browns fans in attendance. Colts fans need to fill those seats, but that too will take time

Our o-line play was much better today. 140 yards rushing mostly from the backs speaks for it's self. Pass protection was better too. Luck ended up sacked three times but two of them were products of Luck just holding the ball too long and not throwing it away when he needs too. The fumble one was really the only time the line got beat and got Luck hit. They gave him a pocket several times to make throws. Probably the best game the line has played to this point in the season.

I am in section 453 and the atmosphere was very charged!

I actually thought the game went really fast... Although I had the 2 most annoying people behind me that I swear didn't stop talking through the whole game.. I now feel like i know there entire life story... And apparently they know EVERYTHING about football.... Especially that Gonzalez still plays for us as #11 and that Jeff Saturday is doing a great job for us this year.... SMH.

Anyways, I thought our fans were very into the game yesterday. Especially on 3rd downs for the D.

The O-line did a very nice job yesterday and Luck had good time to throw, for the most part.

Luck showed again that he is still a Rookie in the 2nd Half. But our receivers had quite a few dropped passes as well.

D-line performed very well. I think I heard they held the browns at around 54 yards rushing or something... I'd take that any day of the week!

Our Rushing attack seemed very impressive. I like the way Carter runs more than Ballard right now. Ballard tried to make it to the edge a few times and just didn't seem to have the speek or shiftiness to get outside. Carter is a bowling ball and gets 4 or 5 yards every time he touches the ball it seems. Always falls forward. They are a good 1-2 punch.

Our pass rush was non existent but I think that was a result of last game, wanting to play more to stop the run and depending on our DBs to cover well.... it didn't work most of the time but when it counted we had some really good play by the DBs.

Those are my observatons!