Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Delone Carter

TheJACKCOLT

If Carter can get 10-12 carries Sunday, he will show why he shoulb be our #2 back, if he gets his carries early he will have a big game. He's the kind of back that gets stronger as the game goes on and the defense starts to wear, thats why its important that he gets carries early so that he can get in a rythm. I expect him to play his way out of the doghouse Sunday. "GO COLTS"

Sadly I dont think any of our running backs will get enough carries to prove anything using a 2 Back set, Brown has averaged 15 carries per game as our starter in 4 games and Ballard 5.8 which that ratio alone in my opinion is enough to show Arians the door after this season in my opinion let alone some of his other play calling decisions

Carter has to keep his head in the game as well. When you do things like running the wrong way when the ball is snapped, (i.e. the jets game) that also reduces the amount of snaps you get. I like Carter better than I do Ballard, but I'm not real thrilled with either one of them to tell you the truth. Maybe they can change my opinion against Cleveland.

The ONE play he doesn't run like a tank, like he had been all game, he takes a yard loss and causes the Colts to punt. I thought he ran very well and hard all game except that one play. He had a good game I thought. I thought Ballard did well too but he was too timid on some of his runs and doesn't maintain his balance very well. Again, with the exception of a few plays by these guys they did well.

If Carter can get 10-12 carries Sunday, he will show why he shoulb be our #2 back, if he gets his carries early he will have a big game. He's the kind of back that gets stronger as the game goes on and the defense starts to wear, thats why its important that he gets carries early so that he can get in a rythm. I expect him to play his way out of the doghouse Sunday. "GO COLTS"

His problem isnt running..its fumbling....

Nobody knows what kind of NFL back he is becausr he fumbled too much...last year

Sunday was a success because he held onto the ball

Our line wasn't great..Cleveland had a lot of 6-man fronts

Just glad to see the Colts have a decent rushing game for once. I don't think Ballard played any better than Carter just got more carries but, who I did think played better was the O-line, this was their best game of the year, hope they can continue to improve.

In all actuality, I think they both played well, but I give Carter the edge in this game. I'll have to look at the numbers tomorrow when NFL Rewind is available, but I think Delone was pulling larger gains more consistently.