Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Week 7 Colts Draft

1st round:

1. Manti Te'o: Elite tackler, intense, and will be our Ray Lewis (Fearless Leader)

or

Scenario 2. Trade down, collect a second, and select Alec Ogletree

2nd round:

1. Trade up to round 2 and select

SS Shawn Williams: He's a fearless tackler and would shore up our D

2. Use the second and select Williams

3rd round:

1. Select OG Larry Warford

2. Warford

4th round:

1. No 4th because of trade

2. Select OT Eric Fisher

Other 4th Round (From Garcon):

1. Select NT Kwame Geathers

2. Select Geathers

don't like any of those options, teo is great but our current lb's are good enough. what we really need is a defensive linemen who can create double teams and make plays in the backfield, also versatile enough to play de and nt. there's 2 guys in this draft that can do that, star lotulelei and jonathan hankins. i think we will have the 7th pick and star will be a top 5 pick so hankins will be the guy. hankins is strong and has a high motor for a guy his size and would have an immediate impact on this team. 3rd round we take the best available ss whether it's rambo or elam but zbikowski has to go.

as far as free agency i think texans will let barwin walk just like they did mario and will sign him. i think we let freeney and powers walk and also sign sam shields. last, we sign a above average rt maybe vollmer who will bolster our o-line.

Everyone wants to pass on Te'o, he can at least tackle on a regular basis. Did not see too much of that against the Jets.

I dont see how you missed Freemans 14 tackles (7 of them solo) vs the Jets, you dont load up on a position that does not need it. we desperately need a RG heck and a LG to really. I would trade down in the first depending on our position and try to pick up a 2nd and a 4th in the process and consider drafting as follows

1.Barrett Jones

2.Alex Okafor

3.Andrew Jackson (6'1 265 heavy hitter run stuffing ILB maybe then we can trade Conner and pickup a 5th)

4.Margus Hunt

5.Kwame Geathers

My top 5 picks using that scenario as of tonight, Picking up Kenny Phillips and William Beatty (who is in a Power Blocking scheme over in New York and also blocked at RT for Donald Brown at UConn, Perhaps and even likely not a long term solution but, protecting our QB even overrides stopping the run in this case plus we will have Chapman back next year hopefully fully recovered and at full strength

Thats another idea of my first 4 picks

• 3 weeks later...

I dont see how you missed Freemans 14 tackles (7 of them solo) vs the Jets, you dont load up on a position that does not need it. we desperately need a RG heck and a LG to really. I would trade down in the first depending on our position and try to pick up a 2nd and a 4th in the process and consider drafting as follows

1.Barrett Jones

2.Alex Okafor

3.Andrew Jackson (6'1 265 heavy hitter run stuffing ILB maybe then we can trade Conner and pickup a 5th)

4.Margus Hunt

5.Kwame Geathers

My top 5 picks using that scenario as of tonight, Picking up Kenny Phillips and William Beatty (who is in a Power Blocking scheme over in New York and also blocked at RT for Donald Brown at UConn, Perhaps and even likely not a long term solution but, protecting our QB even overrides stopping the run in this case plus we will have Chapman back next year hopefully fully recovered and at full strength

Thats another idea of my first 4 picks

I just don't think any of them have star potential, there good and play well so far, but you can always upgrade.

I just don't think any of them have star potential, there good and play well so far, but you can always upgrade.

Maybe none of them, maybe 1 or 2 of them do, Geathers I am not worried about being a star he would just need to be a rotational 2 Down Nose Tackle, same with Hunt at DE, Alex Okafor would probably have to be that star but if Hughes keeps improving that would take some of it off of Okafor, Jones has the physical abilities in my opinion and the smarts, just a matter if he fits in our scheme and Bama does run a Man Blocking scheme I believe. Jackson would fill the Conner role of being the heavy hard thumping ILB in a rotation next to Freeman and Angerer