Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Drake Nevis

OJl

He hasn't done a lot this year. But now with Moala out I want to see if Nevis can be a difference maker. Last year, he flashed some ability to penetrate as a 4-3 DT. I want to see now if he can hold up at the point then shed and make a play.

If Nevis can play, I'll feel pretty good about our Dline moving forward, espcially when we get Josh Chapman in the fold.

We played a lot of 4 man fronts against the Pack in the second half with he and Redding as the DTs. He helped get a lot of pressure up the middle and collapse the pocket on Rodgers. He also had some great pressure up the middle in the Jags game. Im anxious to see how he does now that he'll probably be the starting DE, but he's been in all the time when we have a 4 man front and doing well.

Man, I didn't know Moala was hurt too......I've been slacking the last couple weeks.

Personally, I don't feel like Nevis has been as disruptive as we'd hoped in rushing the passer, but he has been stout against the run and occupying blocks. It's not like Moala has ever been a disruptive force so it probably won't hurt much.

I agree we did play alot of 4-3 in the Packers game and I thought Nevis looked pretty good. I love his effort, hustles on every play and will turn and run down a play from behind on screens and draws. I believe I seen him line up at the nose on a play or two. I don't think Moala has looked that bad this season, he gets some penetration and blows up some plays that Freeman or Conner make the tackles on. Looking for Nevis to have a big impact this week.

I hope they start Nevis at 3-4 DE and not Matthews. Matthews is effective when playing in a 4 man front but not when he's been in for a 3 man front. He's much more of a 1-gap player whereas I think Nevis can be either a 1-gap or 2-gap. I'm also curious to see how much playing time they give Geathers and what he can do with that time.