Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

will the colts have a better record than the broncos?

Stephen

No.

The Broncos are clearly the better team this season. It's just that their schedule is outstandingly difficult. I mean they've faced the Texans, Falcons, Pats and Steelers, whereas the Colts have faced the Viks, Bears and Packers.

They have a tougher schedule to start to the season.

I don't know

Denver is not all that good so far, but then again the expectations were too high for them, considering how bad that defense looked against great caliber teams last year going into this season. The offense is average too I believe. One guy cannot fix everything for them, people don't understand that.

peyton manning would scare me playing against our defense. we are too banged up to go 8-8 with the remaining schedule and most games on the road. are true colors are more like the first half vs. Packers, our emotional and inspired colors are the 2nd half effort. No way to keep that kind of emotion and inspiration up at that high a level, especially on the road. we will go 4-12 and have about the 3 to 5 pick in the draft. Remember, we have only won 2 games and about got our QB killed. Also, Cedric Benson went out early and he was tearing us up a bit. I just don't like the signs, AL can only carry us so far and RW too.

peyton manning would scare me playing against our defense. we are too banged up to go 8-8 with the remaining schedule and most games on the road. are true colors are more like the first half vs. Packers, our emotional and inspired colors are the 2nd half effort. No way to keep that kind of emotion and inspiration up at that high a level, especially on the road. we will go 4-12 and have about the 3 to 5 pick in the draft. Remember, we have only won 2 games and about got our QB killed. Also, Cedric Benson went out early and he was tearing us up a bit. I just don't like the signs, AL can only carry us so far and RW too.

Andrew luck is not carrying this team nor will the colts only win two more games. The defense gave the ball back to the offense not to mention it was the defense that got the colts back into the game.

This team will get healthier than they have been by week 9.. and with the progress of this team expect a .500 record

Broncos are not the better team, they have no WR that is a threat and their running game isn't special either. Not to mention Peyton isn't the same old Manning.

The colts should have a better record

Wow, I couldn't disagree more.

No threat at receiver? Demaryius Thomas isn't a threat? Come on, he's tied for the most receiving yards in the league, and he's a deep threat that can take many passes to the house. Eric Decker is a very good possesion receiver too. They have better receivers than the Colts.

Now, it's still too early to tell if Manning is the old Manning, but if we look at his last 3 games, it looks like the old him. 65% 1014 yards, 8 TDs, 0 INTs, passer rating of 145. Those come against the Texans, who have arguably the best D in the league, the Pats, who are underrated, and the Raiders, who just suck.

The Broncos also have better running backs. They have the much better O-line. Their secondary is much better than the Colts'.

No threat at receiver? Demaryius Thomas isn't a threat? Come on, he's tied for the most receiving yards in the league, and he's a deep threat that can take many passes to the house. Eric Decker is a very good possesion receiver too. They have better receivers than the Colts.

Now, it's still too early to tell if Manning is the old Manning, but if we look at his last 3 games, it looks like the old him. 65% 1014 yards, 8 TDs, 0 INTs, passer rating of 145. Those come against the Texans, who have arguably the best D in the league, the Pats, who are underrated, and the Raiders, who just suck.

The Broncos also have better running backs. They have the much better O-line. Their secondary is much better than the Colts'.

Saying that Broncos are a better team than the Colts really isn't saying much. We were expected to lose many games. Broncos were expected to bet better than the 8-8 record they were last year. Yet their defense has been really bad so far.

Saying that Broncos are a better team than the Colts really isn't saying much. We were expected to lose many games. Broncos were expected to bet better than the 8-8 record they were last year. Yet their defense has been really bad so far.

Ok,

You're switching up your standpoints. First you think the Broncs aren't better, and know you're saying it's not saying much that they are. Pick a side.

Keep in mind the level of opponents the Broncs have faced and the Colts have faced. The Broncs have lost all of their games by one touchdown, excluding the Pats game where they lost by 10. They are close games. The D isn't performing that well because they are going up against the best offenses in the league right now. Once the schedule gets easier (and it will), you'll see more wins coming.

Don't make your mind up after 5 games.

We have to have the softest schedule in the league this year....we have 3 more "tough" games this season in my opinion. We play Houston twice and NE....and that's pretty much it.....So I think we have a better record on the strength of schedule factor alone...

Don't forget the Packers, or the Bears, or the Viks! It's not the toughest schedule, but it's not the easiest.

I think it was rated that the Packers or Pats had the easiest one before the season. Texans also have a very easy one.

Don't forget the Packers, or the Bears, or the Viks! It's not the toughest schedule, but it's not the easiest.

I think it was rated that the Packers or Pats had the easiest one before the season. Texans also have a very easy one.

I value the Vikings win more now because they're among the hottest teams in the NFL so I agree, but the remaining schedule isn't too crazy...I think we can get Houston at least once and NE is a toss up...the yougins dont have that hate in their hearts that is required when goin to Gillette

Ok,

You're switching up your standpoints. First you think the Broncs aren't better, and know you're saying it's not saying much that they are. Pick a side.

Keep in mind the level of opponents the Broncs have faced and the Colts have faced. The Broncs have lost all of their games by one touchdown, excluding the Pats game where they lost by 10. They are close games. The D isn't performing that well because they are going up against the best offenses in the league right now. Once the schedule gets easier (and it will), you'll see more wins coming.

I don't think those games have been really that close though. For the most part in the losses the Broncos were thoroughly dominated for much of the game. I don't know if it's a product of the opposing defenses relaxing or what but Manning is doing most of his work in the 4th qtr of games that look to be out of hand. I would question why he can't score at will like that throughout the game.

Ok,

No. What I'm saying is using the Colts as a measuring stick for the Broncos really doesn't make the Broncos look all that good. Regardless of schedule, Broncos were considered to be way better than the Colts and they are not.

No. What I'm saying is using the Colts as a measuring stick for the Broncos really doesn't make the Broncos look all that good. Regardless of schedule, Broncos were considered to be way better than the Colts and they are not.

I just realized, Im sorry, I thought I was responding to Smitto, which is why I said the switching up part. Sorry about that.

You're right though, they aren't that much better than the Colts and they were suppose to be.

I just realized, Im sorry, I thought I was responding to Smitto, which is why I said the switching up part. Sorry about that.

You're right though, they aren't that much better than the Colts and they were suppose to be.

:manning: LOL! Why is this still on here?!?

Thomas is not an elite WR let's just put it that way.... the pats arent a great team either... the broncs showed their true colors against the falcons.

All I know is the broncos aren't a better team than the colts even with Peyton manning.

Even painter last year nearly had the chance to beat the pats

Thomas is not an elite WR let's just put it that way.... the pats arent a great team either... the broncs showed their true colors against the falcons.

All I know is the broncos aren't a better team than the colts even with Peyton manning.

Even painter last year nearly had the chance to beat the pats

Pats aren't a good team? Whatever you say...

That's your opinion on the Broncs being worse than the Colts, and even with an overwhelming amount of information and stats that reject that theory, you still think differently.

Yeah and clearly you didn't see the Pats-Colts game last year. The Pats had a huge lead, and then they slowed everything down and pulled some of their starters. The game looked close on paper, but it wasn't, it really wasn't, and the Colts had no chance of beating them.

It's not even worth arguing with you.

I can tell you this.

The Colts are a smarter football team than the Broncos though not as talented at several spots. It probably goes back to the Dungy days. We did a lot of small things well - not fumbling the ball, not taking penalties, not having too many negative plays etc. and that won games more often than not, being in the right spot when he had to. A guy like Gary Brackett may not have been the fastest and eye popping LB on the team but he made plays when he had to. The Colts' DBs may not have been the highest profile guys but collectively, they played well together. Yes, there was some base talent but the talent was elevated with smarts, fundamentals and chemistry.

I am looking at the Broncos and wondering what gives with the talent they have, they lack the discipline and fundamentals of a Tony Dungy team, and that folks was a big factor in us winning 12 games for 7 years in a row, keeping us in close games and pulling out a lot of those close ones as well.

A lot of times, smarts and fundamentals can only make up for lesser talent but with the schedule we have, if we sweep the Titans and beat the Jags once, and beat the Dolphins, Bills and Browns at home, we could get to 8 wins.

One win vs the Jets and possibly a Texans squad resting their starters is the hail mary I am not counting on. Let us first win the games we are supposed to win. If we do so, we have a puncher's chance to make the playoffs on the outside looking in as a wild card.

We are playing better football than the Broncos, excluding Manning, in ever aspect. However I don't think we're the better team, or will even finish better.

The Broncos are playing horribly, sloppy football. I don't know if they forgot the minute things and the fundamentals playing in their circus of a team, not a knock against Tebow because I love the guy, they had last year. But Peyton runs a very precise game, and right now Denver doesn't get that. I don't know where that mistake free, shut down team went from last year, but it's not there.

I mean who cares

who cares???? Think about it.. To make the playoffs..the Colts (who will not win the division..they ar 2 gamesback already) will have to beat out Denver....

You don't know that the Colts won't win the division, just like Green Bay fans didn't know the Colts liked to eat cheese for lunch.

who cares???? Think about it.. To make the playoffs..the Colts (who will not win the division..they ar 2 gamesback already) will have to beat out Denver....

I think the AFCN is putting three teams in the playoffs again. We probably have to beat out Cincy or Pitts, but I don't even see us making a chance to get the playoffs.

Denver's spot is coming from the division winner.

Someone has a Manning crush. He's throwing changeups. He doesn't play here anymore, so I don't care about him in the least. I, however, can't stand people still swinging from him. So, I will root for the Chargers to win that division.

Someone has a Manning crush. He's throwing changeups. He doesn't play here anymore, so I don't care about him in the least. I, however, can't stand people still swinging from him. So, I will root for the Chargers to win that division.

Too bad you cant erase past history from people's memories. It is going to remain a part of our cherished history, whether you like it or not. I knew this thread was going to be set up for derailment one way or the other. Maybe this should be moved to NFL General???

Back to the Colts talk on a Colts forum. :)

Right now, it is too early to say for the Colts. It is a 16 game season with a lot of highs and lows.

Colts need to take care of teams they can beat. We cannot have losses like the ones to the Jags anymore if we want to even sniff a wild card berth, IMO.

I think 10 wins clinches it, 9 wins would be a #6 seed on the outside looking in like the Bengals last year with Dalton.

Pats aren't a good team? Whatever you say...

That's your opinion on the Broncs being worse than the Colts, and even with an overwhelming amount of information and stats that reject that theory, you still think differently.

Yeah and clearly you didn't see the Pats-Colts game last year. The Pats had a huge lead, and then they slowed everything down and pulled some of their starters. The game looked close on paper, but it wasn't, it really wasn't, and the Colts had no chance of beating them.

It's not even worth arguing with you.

So you saying the colts didnt come back on the pats? colts came back in the 4th quarter

It doesnt take a scientist to figure out the broncos are lacking on offense... thomas that same receiver you were talking about already has more yards than he had the whole of last year..... some elite WR, peyton makes thomas look good and he is the only credible receiver on that team which is why they were exposed while playing the falcons.

You see a team better than the colts, i see a team with no offensive firepower and a defense that is just like the colts defense... colts have much better talent on offense an there is no doubt about that