Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joshua Morgan cost Redskins probable win

ReMeDy

Ironically, Cortland Finnegan may have won the game for his new Rams team by acting out and trying to pester Joshua after the catch. Joshua took the bait by throwing the caught ball at Finnegan, resulting in the flag.

http://www.nfl.com/v...manlike-penalty

I like the looks from all of Joshua's teammates on the sidelines. It happened right in front of coach Mike Shanahan, and you can tell he wasn't happy.

I don't know what game you were watching. RG3 clearly choked.....

It shall be noted that italicized red font equates to sarcasm.

Obviously the penalty had nothing to do with RG3, and he in no way choked, but he didn't explode and look like an elite vet in the clutch like Luck. That's more a compliment for Luck than knock on Bob, but I think Luck has the clutch gene, and RG doesn't. Doesn't mean they can't both be elite, but Luck has been special in the two/one minute drill thus far.

Totally an unprofessional move right there. That could cost him a roster spot moving forward.

I was smh at that signing. He doesn't have great height, speed, hands, RR, It factor, nothing, and yet they sign him to a 2 year 12 mil $ contract. Btw, if you start to type in Josh Morgan to google, the first result (other than "Josh Morgan") is "Josh Morgan penalty"! After just a few hours, already the most searched thing about his 5 year career is this. I'd be fuming as a Skins fan.

probable is an exaggeration...47 yards is tough game winner even for the best

It matters not. Such ridiculous tantrums cannot occur at any point in any game, let alone a close regular season game within the waning minutes.

These men are paid millions of dollars to play a child's game, suggesting that they would be capable of doing so not as children, but as men.

It matters not. Such ridiculous tantrums cannot occur at any point in any game, let alone a close regular season game within the waning minutes.

These men are paid millions of dollars to play a child's game, suggesting that they would be capable of doing so not as children, but as men.

not sure why you quoted me. my statement was directed towards the headline....it was hardly a probable win

not sure why you quoted me. my statement was directed towards the headline....it was hardly a probable win

I quoted you because the probability factor is naught.

You don't commit such foolish penalties, ever, regardless of probabilities of FG's etc. I get what you're saying ..."probable" is NOT the right word here.

It was a dumb penalty. Players should know that even if the other guy started it, the refs almost always miss that, but they typically see the retaliation. And to do it on a possible game winning/tying drive is a cardinal sin. You just can't do that.

That said....

I think it should have been off-setting penalties.... I thought Finnegan's actions also warranted a flag. Someone should have seen it. It wasn't away from the play, the guy he tackled had the ball. Eyes should have been on him. They both should have been flagged. it would have been off-setting, and that might've helped calm things down.

I'd like to think the real refs wouldn't have made this mistake.

So, 1 out of 2... 50%.... oh well...

Obviously the penalty had nothing to do with RG3, and he in no way choked, but he didn't explode and look like an elite vet in the clutch like Luck. That's more a compliment for Luck than knock on Bob, but I think Luck has the clutch gene, and RG doesn't. Doesn't mean they can't both be elite, but Luck has been special in the two/one minute drill thus far.

What an asinine statement to make two games into these guys' careers. Griffin was carrying the entire team on his back the whole game and did almost everything he possibly could have to tie it up at the end. Really, his last drive was very similar to Luck's. The difference was that the Redskins weren't in position to win with the field goal because of atrocious defensive playcalling and another special teams gaffe. Stupid penalties and poor play by his teammates killed the last two drives and poor refereeing was a constant throughout the game. Not a lot Griffin could do about it.

Of course, you may prove to be right over the course of time but if we're making snap judgements about these two games, I might be a bit worried about how much more efficient the less pro ready of the two QBs has been out of the gate...

Griffin III: 526 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT, 39/55 (71%), 9.5 ypa - 20 carries, 124 yards, 2 TDs, 0 fumbles

Luck: 533 yards, 3 TDs, 3 INTs, 43/76 (57%), 7.0 ypa - 6 carries, 30 yards, 1 fumble

The completion percentage doesn't lie, Griffin's accuracy has been something else and he was on point with the deep ball tonight. Unfortunately, the receivers were not so on point - a perfect 50 yard strike to a wide open Aldrick Robinson in the 4th quarter was lost in the lights and bounced off his chest. That would have been a definite gamechanger. Needless to say, it was an unbelievably frustrating game.

What an asinine statement to make two games into these guys' careers. Griffin was carrying the entire team on his back the whole game and did almost everything he possibly could have to tie it up at the end. Really, his last drive was very similar to Luck's. The difference was that the Redskins weren't in position to win with the field goal because of atrocious defensive playcalling and another special teams gaffe. Stupid penalties and poor play by his teammates killed the last two drives and poor refereeing was a constant throughout the game. Not a lot Griffin could do about it.

Of course, you may prove to be right over the course of time but if we're making snap judgements about these two games, I might be a bit worried about how much more efficient the less pro ready of the two QBs has been out of the gate...

Griffin III: 526 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT, 39/55 (71%), 9.5 ypa - 20 carries, 124 yards, 2 TDs, 0 fumbles

Luck: 533 yards, 3 TDs, 3 INTs, 43/76 (57%), 7.0 ypa - 6 carries, 30 yards, 1 fumble

The completion percentage doesn't lie, Griffin's accuracy has been something else and he was on point with the deep ball tonight. Unfortunately, the receivers were not so on point - a perfect 50 yard strike to a wide open Aldrick Robinson in the 4th quarter was lost in the lights and bounced off his chest. That would have been a definite gamechanger. Needless to say, it was an unbelievably frustrating game.

Couldn't have said it any better. RG3 almost won this game by himself. He had no help from his defense and special teams had another blocked punt which led to points. As far as the guy who said RG3 doesnt have the clutch gene. WOW THAT WAS A DUMB STATEMENT he was clutch enough to get us in fg range but a dumb dumb let Finnegan get in his head. And BTW it would have been 4th and inches I wouldnt have been surprised if they went for it and went for the win. Look at the above stats RG3 has been phenominal I don't get why most of you Colts fans seem to want him to fail or why Luck has to be better. Can't they both be great it doesnt always have to be a Peyton Manning Ryan Leaf situation.

Alright. I wasn't saying Luck had better stats, so... And maybe RG3 will turn out to be clutch, but if you had watched Luck near the end of the half and near the end of the game you would see what I mean. Last week against the Bears he drove us downfield and Adam missed a FG, this week he drove us down for a TD to Reggie at half and the game winning FG with 30 seconds left. My post wasn't meant to insult RG3, quite the opposite really, he has looked great. I'm saying Luck looks to have the clutch gene, and we'll see with RG3. Factoring in a rough debut certainly makes Luck look worse, but he was playing at Soldier Field with no help at all from his OL against a D with Peppers, Melton, Urlacher, Briggs, Idonije, etc. He showed much improvement, and will continue to do so.

I just realized now, the title is "...cost Redskins probable win"

The Redskins weren't probably going to win. They needed a field goal just to tie the game and they could miss that especially with Cundiff. They could also lose in overtime.

The Redskins winning on that drive was far from probable.

Carrying the team on his back? ROFL. He looks like Rick Mirer out there running an eigth of a playbook, most of which was taken from Baylor. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. They haven't even asked the kid to run a pro style offense yet, let alone carry the team.

Just like last week, the skins are not asking Bob to do much and he's succeeding in what little has been asked of him.

Lets not forget that the refs stole a td from Steven Jackson earlier in the game. The refs taketh and the refs giveth

The skins actually caught a few breaks from the refs, but continually shot themselves in the foot. It could have been worse and I think the skins were fortunate to have been in a position to possibly win at the end. The best two players on the field for the skins' offense was a couple of rookies in Griff and Morris.

As for clutch...who knows - its still very early, but yes I believe Luck has it and I feel pretty safe in saying that Griff will eventually show to have it as well, though against the Rams he did get away with a couple poor throws. 2 games into their respective careers though.....so yeah.

As for Joshua Morgan, that's just a drop in the bucket compared to all the other problems they had yesterday. He's not a bad WR (not an all star either), but I don't think it can be understated how much of a boost Garcon would have been. He and Griff have a good deal of chemistry already.

At worst they should have flagged them both instead of just Morgan. This happened in the Bears Packers game too I think. The O lineman was shoved after the play was over, he retaliated and was flagged. Other guy got away.

That is usually how it goes..

A lot like on the playground... The 2nd offender is the one that usually gets caught.