Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Following through on Bav's idea

chad72

Bav (poster Bavanlan) wanted us to also name the player we want to cut from our roster if we wanted to pick up someone from the waiver wire. The problem was, at the time the roster was fluid and the final 53 was not determined.

Now, it is possible. I am going to start this thread. The rules are, you name the player we need to acquire, and have to simultaneously name the player we need to cut to make room for the new one. That is why I did not place it with the other 'sign this guy' threads. :)

I will start.

1. Joselio Hanson for Josh Gordy
  2. Nicolas Jean Baptiste for Ty Nsekhe

What is your list? Remember, name the player you have to cut to make room for the player you want to sign. :)

Hickman for Baptiste

Mewelde Moore for Brandon Washington

Ricardo Matthews for Dwan Edwards

and we can release Lutrus Scott for Jake Scott (if we have the money)

Releasing from the IR does not create a new roster spot. However, I like your swap of Matthews for Edwards and agree that Hickman is cut once we settle on a back up NT to add.

I'd swap Kris Adams for Marvin McNutt. Won't happen - I am confident that Grigson wants to develop Adams since he has better speed and athleticism. Adams is vulnerable, though, if we need the roster spot for a position we are thin at.

I was thinking that just now as well but he is to intriguing for me so I went with keeping Kris Adams speed and athleticism and height over Avery's pure speed

Josh Gordy for Drayton Florence

Justin Hickman for Nicholas Jean-Baptiste

Justin King for Joselio Hanson

I saw Drayton play in game 4 vs the Cardinals. He looked slow and was beaten by 3rd stringer wideouts. The reason he saw playing time in game 4 was because the Broncos were not convinced. Hence the reason he was cut. Joselio Hanson however looked better, at least in the MNF game vs the Pats that I saw, relatively compared to Drayton Florence. There was a reason why Drayton has been released by the Bills, signed by the Broncos and then again released by the Broncos, he is slower and is not what he used to be.

If we are going to clean up the threads, then might I suggest that we make a note of whether the player can be claimed or not. Many, if not most of the posts we've been submitting have made no mention of this. It is a big difference considering that every minute we spend quibbling with a FA is a minute our eyes aren't on the waiverwire prize. I'd like to see us pick up a couple waiver guys and a couple UFAs, but some of these guys are not available for us just to * up.... we have to make them the best offer, ect..... just a thought, even though its a little late for all that.

I haven't fully studied the list of waived guys, but here's a list of guys on the roster who I wouldn't cry about if they were to be replaced today:

T Nsekhe

T Linkenbach

G McGlynn

C Shipley

NT Johnson

DT Mathews

OLB Hickman

ILB Harvey

S Hines

CB Vaughn

CB King

CB Gordy

Maybe Johnson doesn't deserve to be on this list, but there are a few more that might deserve to be on it, but aren't (Moore, Lefeged, Olsen).. if we can get upgrades at some of these positions, I will be happy, although something has to be said for chemistry going into the opener, especially on the Oline.

I was thinking that just now as well but he is to intriguing for me so I went with keeping Kris Adams speed and athleticism and height over Avery's pure speed

I know you keep coming back to Avery as your first guy out among the receivers, but it is pretty apparent that the staff has him in the top 3. He is going to get every chance to produce.