Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Condon On Nfln

Hoosier

Peyton's agent, Tom Condon, is being interviewed by Rich Eisen on NFL Network right now.

What would anyone expect his AGENT to say, his neck is ok, he cant grip a football. Just a reminder,Condons income is based off of Peyton's contract, so I believe he might hype him up just a touch. The agent is the last guy I would trust on this matter.

What would anyone expect his AGENT to say, his neck is ok, he cant grip a football. Just a reminder,Condons income is based off of Peyton's contract, so I believe he might hype him up just a touch. The agent is the last guy I would trust on this matter.

I would trust Tom Condon a lot more than Drew Rosenhaus. Condon played in the league he is a down to earth guy and he never over hypes anything. That is why Brees and Manning use him.

You are correct. We should not take the contents of Condon's interview as anything more than what it is....biased to favor Peyton.

However, the timing of Condon's interview should be taken into account, and viewed as another salvo in the escalating campaigning tittle-for-tattle that is unfolding.

Don't believe for a minute that Condon is speaking without Peyton's expressed consent.

Says he expects Manning to play next year. Honestly, until Irsay comes out and says in front of cameras that he's cutting or keeping Peyton, I don't care what anyone says any more.

I feel the same way. All these media ^cowpatties^ has me going back and forth on this situation. 1 Day they will swing by Peyton's side, the next day its Irsay's side, the next day its Andrew Luck's side.. Enough is enough.

I find it odd that Manning/Condon would let the NFL world know he is healthy in the week of the SB when Manning stressed in his interview that it's Eli and Indianapolis' time.

The only reason I could see them saying this is to get the attention of other NFL teams.

I find it odd that Manning/Condon would let the NFL world know he is healthy in the week of the SB when Manning stressed in his interview that it's Eli and Indianapolis' time.

The only reason I could see them saying this is to get the attention of other NFL teams.

Right. But it's to counteract all of the reports saying it was in his best interest to retire. But, yes, I think they are resigned to peyton trying to play elsewhere and I doubt Peyton wants to drag that out so that he has the proper time to prepare by his standards.

What I saw was a guy who knows that Irsay holds the advantage.

Tom Condon might have tried to spin some damage control, but the damage he was really trying to control was the damage to losing the $28 million bonus or his chance of negotiating a great free agent deal with several teams vying for his client. He pretty much failed.

Being an agent, his concern is the money. This recent PR is about posturing and reputation.

He admitted that "mechanically" the due date could be moved back. My advice would be to do that or renegotiate a fair deal, which is what I believe Irsay is open to. But Condon doesn't want to admit he (and Peyton) are at a disadvantage.

I do believe the date will be pushed back and a new deal will be worked out I actually think it is a work in process now. There is a lot more riding on this then just the 28 mil. I think it will get very interesting by the time all the attorneys that will get involved gets done. It will be a lot more then just the two men.

You are correct. We should not take the contents of Condon's interview as anything more than what it is....biased to favor Peyton.

However, the timing of Condon's interview should be taken into account, and viewed as another salvo in the escalating campaigning tittle-for-tattle that is unfolding.

Don't believe for a minute that Condon is speaking without Peyton's expressed consent.

Why? Why do so many people on this board think Manning is the king of kings, controls everything that is said about him, and all of the people close to him are just his slaves and do what he says? Tom Condon is a human being, with his own feelings, thoughts, interests, agenda, knowledge, and perspective. He controls what he does. Yeah, Peyton pays him to be his agent, but that doesn't mean that he controls every little thing he says and does. The fact that he had an interview on NFLN had everything to do with what he wanted and agreed upon and what NFLN wanted and agreed upon. Whether Peyton preferred that to happen or not was out of his control. You think when Condon is approached about anything, he quick texts Peyton to get an ok to do it?

It was the same thing while Polian was here. Everyone on this board thought that Polian did things to make Peyton happy... kept players/coaches, signed players/coaches, did trades, etc. ALL for Peyton. How about accept the fact that Peyton is just a player on the Indianapolis Colts and doesn't control anything more or less than that in terms of the Colts and the NFL.

Why? Why do so many people on this board think Manning is the king of kings, controls everything that is said about him, and all of the people close to him are just his slaves and do what he says? Tom Condon is a human being, with his own feelings, thoughts, interests, agenda, knowledge, and perspective. He controls what he does. Yeah, Peyton pays him to be his agent, but that doesn't mean that he controls every little thing he says and does. The fact that he had an interview on NFLN had everything to do with what he wanted and agreed upon and what NFLN wanted and agreed upon. Whether Peyton preferred that to happen or not was out of his control. You think when Condon is approached about anything, he quick texts Peyton to get an ok to do it?

It was the same thing while Polian was here. Everyone on this board thought that Polian did things to make Peyton happy... kept players/coaches, signed players/coaches, did trades, etc. ALL for Peyton. How about accept the fact that Peyton is just a player on the Indianapolis Colts and doesn't control anything more or less than that in terms of the Colts and the NFL.

Well seeing that Condon can be fired by Manning and the relationship they've had for quite some time, I personally find it hard to believe Condon would go on national TV to talk about Manning without informing him or letting him know.

Condon is PM's agent. They have a written agreement to that relationship. Bottom line, an agent takes directions from his client. A good and experienced agent, like Condon, will never say anything in public that his client has not seen and approved beforehand.

Wildcat maverick agents that act on their own, do not last in this business.

Im seeing a lot of "I don't believe anything anybody says, unless of course its something I agree with" posts on this forum here lately.

Yes, and I also see some instances of changing things they see into what they want to believe.

An example: Reality: "I expect Peyton to play in 2012"

What they quote: "Peyton will play in 2012"

The opinions and statements of all you Peyton haters is worth less than the lies coming from ESPN or NFL Network and the rest of the media and their unamed sources. You are less informed than the media is and your just passing down whatever you hear and choose to believe. Mr. Irsay, Peyton, Condon, and PM's doc's are a lot more informed of the situation and therefore are more of an authority on the subject!

Tom Condon broke absolutely no news here.

Peyton's nerve has not regenerated to its formal level..... and indicated that the bonus date is unlikely to move.

Hope people will see this and stop clamoring for Peyton to come back and play here right NOW. The guy still has a ways to go ppl.