Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Horror

CR91

Isnt 18 retired in Denver? Thought I was reading last night some where that they would have to bring it out of retirement.... or maybe it was a dream?

Nope >

Frank Tripuka’s No. 18 is one of three the Broncos have retired ... guess he can go after #16.

Its just a number, why would he want to bring some guys retired number out? Plus he loves the Colts and fans so much - why not start fresh using a new number? IMO that would be the classy thing to do and we all know Manning is 100% class right? LOL!

Well that sure is weird to look at isn't it? I wish Peyton nothing but the best, I hope he gets another ring there! I will be rooting for 2 teams this year. First of course the Colts, they will always be first, but Denver now for Peyton!

Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker - watch out for these guys with Peyton under center... maybe they add Dallas Clark...

I was going to say the same thing! And remember, Peyton makes everyone around him better. He makes mediocre players look like stars. Denver made it to a playoff game with Tebow, so I am not worried about Peyton at all. They should use Tebow as a fullback, lol.

I really don't know what Manning saw in Denver. They don't really have any weapons for him to throw to.

Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker - watch out for these guys with Peyton under center... maybe they add Dallas Clark...

Exactly. I suspect that at least one of these guys will suddenly be considered a star once he gets to work with an actual QB.

seeing him in any uniform outside the colts is horror

True, but having accepted that it's happened, I'm happy that he's going to the Broncos. Could be a lot worse.

By the way, they will be wearing orange most of the time at home next year.

I was going to say the same thing! And remember, Peyton makes everyone around him better. He makes mediocre players look like stars. Denver made it to a playoff game with Tebow, so I am not worried about Peyton at all. They should use Tebow as a fullback, lol.

I agree Kayla Peyton can make any player look great. He will be fine and I have heard that maybe Saturday may also be a Bronco and maybe Clark who knows. Good luck Peyton may you win another ring you deserve it and show those naysayers you can still play to your standards.

I really don't know what Manning saw in Denver. They don't really have any weapons for him to throw to.

Nonsense. Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Julias Thomas and possibly Dallas Clark are all nice weapons.

Yes, they need a quality guy in the slot, but you can count on them getting at least one WR in the draft.

Its just a number, why would he want to bring some guys retired number out? Plus he loves the Colts and fans so much - why not start fresh using a new number? IMO that would be the classy thing to do and we all know Manning is 100% class right? LOL!

Yes, it is just a number. But don't let others perceive you as attempting to denigrate it. LOL.

He only played 37 games for the Broncos and only won 13 of them. They retired it as a symbol since he was their first QB ever. Nice of him to let Peyton wear it if he wants.

He was also the first US quarterback to throw for 3000 yards and he threw the first touchdown in the new AFL. Not completely symbolic

Yes, it is just a number. But don't let others perceive you as attempting to denigrate it. LOL.

Once again everyone disagrees over the details, I am in the 16 camp though, not the same shade of orange as the Vols, but still orange so 16 it is.

They are a classy, stable organization. That is what tipped the table. Manning saw beyond the bells and whistles of SF. He saw past the swooning ways of a dementia ridden owner in Tenn. He has become accustomed to class and could only migrate toward such.

I have had a smile all day. So happy for my man #18 and the great people of Denver. Those people are down to earth and some of the best sports fans in the world.