Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If colts use second rd pick 49th on QB Mike White

If it takes Andrew more time to shake the rust off. Would you be ok with the selection or not? Impressive stats the past few years and had a great senior bowl week. I just remember Jacoby taking some hits last year and surprised he got up from a couple. Don't want to be left in the Scott tolzein era again. 

8 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I like both Mike White and Luke Falk (Washington State).  I think both will be around in the 3rd round, and maybe even into the 4th, if you cross your fingers.  (Just say No to Tolzein)

I like Luke Falk as well at the top of round 3. He will not last till round 4.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

The same Phillip walker that couldn't beat out tolzein or Morris. No thanks

When you're an undrafted free agent rookie QB, you're not supposed to beat out a 7 year veteran -- even Scott Tolzein.

Walker is in competition for the 4th QB spot.  That's all.  He could easily get beat out by whoever we sign this year as an undrafted free agent.

If Luck is not ready for the season, and JB gets hurt in game 1, then you've pinned your hopes on Kaaya, who fell to round 6 and is no longer with the  Lions.  So I looked again-

“Sources say the reason why Kaaya slid was a combination of bad tape and questions about his personal makeup. Teams felt that Kaaya’s junior year tape was very shaky, and as a result, he was graded in Day 3 for many. Kaaya demonstrated poor vision and mobility, which led to a lot of taken sacks. Teams also felt that Kaaya lacked leadership skills, and all teams want leaders at quarterback. Sources didn’t like that Kaaya was very focused on his draft standing last fall rather than being focused on winning the next game for his team. All of those factors combined to Kaaya being a late sixth-round pick.”

Give me Lauleta, White, or Falk please.

I doubt we'd spend a 2nd on him either but we're bringing him in for an interview/workout. So I think it's pretty clear that Ballard is at least considering drafting a QB.

I could see us taking him if he falls to the 4th or 5th though, especially if we get a couple extra picks in a trade back.

20 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

If Luck is not ready for the season, and JB gets hurt in game 1, then you've pinned your hopes on Kaaya, who fell to round 6 and is no longer with the  Lions.  So I looked again-

“Sources say the reason why Kaaya slid was a combination of bad tape and questions about his personal makeup. Teams felt that Kaaya’s junior year tape was very shaky, and as a result, he was graded in Day 3 for many. Kaaya demonstrated poor vision and mobility, which led to a lot of taken sacks. Teams also felt that Kaaya lacked leadership skills, and all teams want leaders at quarterback. Sources didn’t like that Kaaya was very focused on his draft standing last fall rather than being focused on winning the next game for his team. All of those factors combined to Kaaya being a late sixth-round pick.”

Give me Lauleta, White, or Falk please.

If Luck is not ready and JB gets hurt in game one........

I suppose Ballard might consider spending a 6 or a 7 on a QB who somehow slips down the draft a few rounds.

That's possible.

But spend a Day 2 pick on a QB?      No,  I wouldn't think so.

All that terrible writer that ColtsBlueFl found is not only known to whoever wrote that,  it's known to all GM's, including Chris Ballard.   And yet, at the first chance he got,  Ballard signed Kayaa late last year.    And,  Kayaa is still on the roster.    Maybe the kid has grown up.    Maybe the kid has done better. 

I think the chances of Ballard spendig a Day Two pick on a QB who might never play a down for the Colts is pretty close to Slim and None.      Late Day 3?     Possibly. 

I think the first FIVE ROUNDS are spoken for.

Is a rookie QB going to be much better than Brad Kayaa who has been in the NFL for a few years?    I don't think so.

If you're on your third string QB,  you're pretty much screwed anyway.    We're not giving up a potential starter for a guy who might never play a down.     I don't see that happening.