Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Kaepernick play a down in 2018?

lance_m8

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Roger said:

Uh huh. I don't believe that.  The five cops killed in Dallas weren't dirty.  Kaepernick supported this anti-cop environment.  He's poison to NFL owners.

Unfortunate about those five cops. It sucks. Now they know how the families of those unjustly killed by rogue cops feel.  Peaceful protests are better than violent ones. Ignoring the former often unfortunately leads to the latter. 

7 hours ago, wizwor said:

First, Kaep, specifically protested against Law Enforcement.  That was embraced as a black thing on the Left and rebuked as an unpatriotic thing on the Right.  So the whole thing fit in with the themes of the election and got tons of media attention.  Just the same, there are a lot of felons playing in the NFL and Kaep's crimes did not approach dog fighting, child abuse, or, well, shooting himself with an unregistered gun.  Ray Lewis has a statue outside M&T Bank Stadium.  Kaep's problem is that he was not good enough to overcome the loss of goodwill of the fans.  Had this just been a Kaep thing or a 49'ers thing, he would probably have found work in the NFL, but he earned the contempt of a lot of fans and what team wants to bring in a player who will be booed at home games?  Icing on the cake is that he is costing the league a lot of money every week.  He is not taking a knee now, but this was not a problem until he did.

Going back to the original question, the answer is almost certainly no.

Ok then? so what is taking a knee during the national anthem going to do to help fix law enforcement? The Purpose for the National before games is to have a moment of silence and reverence in honor of the men and women who risk their lives protecting the freedoms of this disrespectful scumbag quarterback and this country. The National anthem is not the time or place to protest law enforcement. Instead taking a knee maybe he should do something to help his cause...

8 hours ago, wizwor said:

First, Kaep, specifically protested against Law Enforcement.  That was embraced as a black thing on the Left and rebuked as an unpatriotic thing on the Right. 

im more liberal than conservative and i didnt like the protests. i dont see disrespecting the anthem as an effective way to change what cops do on the streets

off topic, but ray lewis acted in self defense, i also dont get why so many people were so heated about that.  i mean its ray lewis, some drunks thought they had nothing to lose and that messing with him would be a good idea.  it wasnt

56 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

im more liberal than conservative and i didnt like the protests. i dont see disrespecting the anthem as an effective way to change what cops do on the streets

off topic, but ray lewis acted in self defense, i also dont get why so many people were so heated about that.  i mean its ray lewis, some drunks thought they had nothing to lose and that messing with him would be a good idea.  it wasnt

Are you serious? 

11 hours ago, wizwor said:

First, Kaep, specifically protested against Law Enforcement.  That was embraced as a black thing on the Left and rebuked as an unpatriotic thing on the Right.  So the whole thing fit in with the themes of the election and got tons of media attention.  Just the same, there are a lot of felons playing in the NFL and Kaep's crimes did not approach dog fighting, child abuse, or, well, shooting himself with an unregistered gun.  Ray Lewis has a statue outside M&T Bank Stadium.  Kaep's problem is that he was not good enough to overcome the loss of goodwill of the fans.  Had this just been a Kaep thing or a 49'ers thing, he would probably have found work in the NFL, but he earned the contempt of a lot of fans and what team wants to bring in a player who will be booed at home games?  Icing on the cake is that he is costing the league a lot of money every week.  He is not taking a knee now, but this was not a problem until he did.

Going back to the original question, the answer is almost certainly no.

Your comment about lots of felons playing in the NFL is not true.

There are 1,696 players who play in the NFL.

Right now according to NFL player arrest data base there are 39 players that have been arrested that play in the NFL.

Less than half of them have been arrested for felonies.

The list can be found thru USA Today.

You can't hand pick players in the history of the NFL and make the comment that the NFL has a lot of felons playing for them and it would not be truthful.

16 of those offenses stem from drunk driving and drug possession.