Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Evan Silva's NFL Free Agent Tracker

There is some good options in this list. I expect us to be extremely active in a couple spots. Re-sign our own players we want to keep and then just pay for the top gaurd. Just pay the premium and move on knowing that line needs a gaurd very badly. 

Jimmy G. is almost certain to get extended or franchised.  The 49er's gave up some picks for him he went there and after learning the offense won every game that he started with a team that had lost all but 1 game up til that point.  There is no way they let him leave.  If he doesn't agree to a contract they will slap the franchise tag on him.  

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of good, young OG options... Hopefully some of them hit the market... Same at WR and RB...

Not a lot to like about the FA OT market... Maybe Solder comes here (I know he's slightly older [30 next season, I think] than Ballard would probably prefer) with McDaniels. He is servicable, even solid and shouldn't cost what a younger, more athletically gifted FA Tackle would.

I think we can get a decent RT in the draft with our 2nd round pick, but Tackles rarely play well out of college. 

5 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Lots of good, young OG options... Hopefully some of them hit the market... Same at WR and RB...

Not a lot to like about the FA OT market... Maybe Solder comes here (I know he's slightly older [30 next season, I think] than Ballard would probably prefer) with McDaniels. He is servicable, even solid and shouldn't cost what a younger, more athletically gifted FA Tackle would.

I think we can get a decent RT in the draft with our 2nd round pick, but Tackles rarely play well out of college. 

Read up on Solder.  The only way he leaves Boston is if we can show him our Simon Cancer Center resources will be able to help his kid (I do not mean this in any negative way at all).  Boston has some of the best resources and he said if they do not resign him he is fine with retiring and staying there for his kid. 

5 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Read up on Solder.  The only way he leaves Boston is if we can show him our Simon Cancer Center resources will be able to help his kid (I do not mean this in any negative way at all).  Boston has some of the best resources and he said if they do not resign him he is fine with retiring and staying there for his kid. 

Didn't know his kid had cancer terrible thing.  He could leave his wife and child in Boston and go play in Indy, a lot of players do that.  But he's already made his millions too so he doesn't really need to either.  

Indy does have Riley Children's hospital though.  

5 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

For the record read this.  https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2017/11/25/face-his-son-cancer-diagnosis-nate-solder-embraces-many-little-blessings/zMRyeNaqb89AsGYGwm0v5M/story.html

As a parent of 3 kids ages 4, 3 and almost 2.  That sort of stuff is the scariest stuff imaginable.  

Would it be ironic to replace Mewhort with Norwell?   He should be Ballard’s focus.  

Not to intentionally keep pushing Buckeyes, but Pryor would be a great get at WR.  I think the Browns will try to get him back, and I prefer Robinson.  But TP has all the S’s, speed, strength and size.  

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Didn't know his kid had cancer terrible thing.  He could leave his wife and child in Boston and go play in Indy, a lot of players do that.  But he's already made his millions too so he doesn't really need to either.  

Indy does have Riley Children's hospital though.  

Yea he already mentioned not wanting to leave his family or even moving them.  Things could change as we do have good places here.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He wants $58mil... no way.

He’s going to get upwards of 10M/year.  He wants Adams money, and I think besides the bonus of 18M, none is guaranteed.   What I’m saying is it’s doable.  

I particularly think the money can be better spent on other spots.  But if we’re to go after a big name WR, I hope it’s Robinson.

23 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

He’s going to get upwards of 10M/year.  He wants Adams money, and I think besides the bonus of 18M, none is guaranteed.   What I’m saying is it’s doable.  

I particularly think the money can be better spent on other spots.  But if we’re to go after a big name WR, I hope it’s Robinson.

I feel the same way about Robinson assuming his medical checks out.