Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz Suggests Brady is Cheating (Fountain of Youth Drug)

BlueShoe

I have mixed feelings about his kind of thing. That all seems rather slanderous, not that a part of me that isn't mature about my hate of the Patriots minds..

I do have questions about why he's literally the only guy who's been able to do this. "Science" is almost always why guys who do things you've never seen before, do it- but he's also at very worst one of 5 guys that the modern NFL has seen who can play the position that well and unique talents can pull off incredible things. 

To be honest, if he doesn't start falling apart soon-ish, I think that'd be more suspicious. He's 40.

I think that is a really sad comment and really disrespectful way to treat Tom. We have all had our takes on Tom for different things but there is absolutely no evidence to support this. It's like when the Peyton Manning thing came out about HGH. Nobody could believe he put the hard work and dedication to rehabbing and coming back with one of the greatest seasons ever seen by a qb. Tom takes care of his body unlike many athletes...and has some talent few have ever had. The work he puts in...its insulting to talk about this. Show me some proof otherwise this is just horrible conjecture.

Also with the offense they run...he can continue to be a very good qb for some time if he doesn't take too many big shots...they get rid of the ball so fast and most throws are short...its a thing of beauty to watch him orchestrate that offense..much like it was watching Peyton. Dan should be ashamed of even saying this junk.

Uh....some people simply have better genetics. 

I think his whole diet book is a money making scam that preys on people who think everybody is built equally and all you have to do is eat correctly and work out correctly and you'll stay as vibrant as the next person.

When in fact, its just dumb luck as to why he's lasting longer, although point taken that he doesn't abuse his body like many do.

The discussion starts at around 22 or 23 minutes (to try to spare others the pain of skipping through the entire half-hour-plus...) 

The Patriots are throwing it deeper this year because they actually have a deep threat (Cooks).

LeBatard has a bit of history with bashing the Patriots and their fans. I always try to remember that radio/podcasts aren't news.

Also, Brady's longevity shouldn't come into question unless you have data showing how other 40-year-old QBs have responded to his training regimen. It's more than that, it's a lifestyle. You don't have to agree with it (I personally don't, I like strawberries and ice cream), but it's a personal choice he makes and it obviously works well for him. But I think it's safe to say that his training, eating habits, etc... they're wholly unique. I don't know a lot of other athletes who've extolled the virtues of avocado ice cream. 

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I think that is a really sad comment and really disrespectful way to treat Tom. We have all had our takes on Tom for different things but there is absolutely no evidence to support this. It's like when the Peyton Manning thing came out about HGH. Nobody could believe he put the hard work and dedication to rehabbing and coming back with one of the greatest seasons ever seen by a qb. Tom takes care of his body unlike many athletes...and has some talent few have ever had. The work he puts in...its insulting to talk about this. Show me some proof otherwise this is just horrible conjecture.

Also with the offense they run...he can continue to be a very good qb for some time if he doesn't take too many big shots...they get rid of the ball so fast and most throws are short...its a thing of beauty to watch him orchestrate that offense..much like it was watching Peyton. Dan should be ashamed of even saying this junk.

Ryan Leaf would be successful in the Patriots system. It has also been Brady's friend. And no, I'm not comparing the 2 QBs. 

1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

Ryan Leaf would be successful in the Patriots system. It has also been Brady's friend. And no, I'm not comparing the 2 QBs. 

Ryan Leaf was a basket case...and not just anyone would have done what Brady has done. That's non-sense. Tom is definitely unique in his habits and that has served him well...but his skill is beyond question. I don't want to sit here and brag about how great Tom Brady is...it's definitely not fun for me...so let's give the devil his due lol because saying anything otherwise is just foolishness.

Just now, dgambill said:

Ryan Leaf was a basket case...and not just anyone would have done what Brady has done. That's non-sense. Tom is definitely unique in his habits and that has served him well...but his skill is beyond question. I don't want to sit here and brag about how great Tom Brady is...it's definitely not fun for me...so let's give the devil his due lol because saying anything otherwise is just foolishness.

Like I said, I wasn't comparing the 2. We are talking about a very QB friendly system. Which is great, I don't hate the patriots for that, in fact, I would love to see the Colts have a QB friendly system. My point is, that the system is only helping Brady in his older age, perform at a high level. 

Brady, as much as I hate him, is obviously a lot better than Leaf ever was. But again, I'm not comparing the 2. I repeat, I am not, comparing the 2. This is about a system. 

34 minutes ago, GoPats said:

The discussion starts at around 22 or 23 minutes (to try to spare others the pain of skipping through the entire half-hour-plus...) 

The Patriots are throwing it deeper this year because they actually have a deep threat (Cooks).

LeBatard has a bit of history with bashing the Patriots and their fans. I always try to remember that radio/podcasts aren't news.

Also, Brady's longevity shouldn't come into question unless you have data showing how other 40-year-old QBs have responded to his training regimen. It's more than that, it's a lifestyle. You don't have to agree with it (I personally don't, I like strawberries and ice cream), but it's a personal choice he makes and it obviously works well for him. But I think it's safe to say that his training, eating habits, etc... they're wholly unique. I don't know a lot of other athletes who've extolled the virtues of avocado ice cream. 

Yep...I'm not sure as I've not read his book about the science behind what he eats etc...a lot is genetic...a lot is just good common sense...and I'm sure a lot is just being so dang disciplined. His arm is definately strong enough to continue for several more years. His long ball question mostly comes from the fact he has not been a high percentage thrower (hasn't been a strength) but as you've said he hasn't had a threat since Moss left so he probably hasn't practiced it much. Its his feet, legs, core etc that will fail him much sooner. I mean Bret Favre still has plenty of arm I'm sure and could play...but its the body that gives out after years and years of hits. Tom has taken far fewer due to how he plays...but if he starts to see bigger hits etc....it only takes one sack like we saw Rodgers take and a broken collarbone or shoulder surgery and that could all change. Heck even just bone spurs in his feet etc can have an effect but he seems to be in good health and I look for it to continue for a few more years...at least until he breaks all Peyton's records.

9 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Like I said, I wasn't comparing the 2. We are talking about a very QB friendly system. Which is great, I don't hate the patriots for that, in fact, I would love to see the Colts have a QB friendly system. My point is, that the system is only helping Brady in his older age, perform at a high level. 

Brady, as much as I hate him, is obviously a lot better than Leaf ever was. But again, I'm not comparing the 2. I repeat, I am not, comparing the 2. This is about a system. 

That's great...but the system is more then just a system...its as much about how Brady uses it and runs and reads things then anything. I would say Peyton ran a very similar qb friendly system...but it is how he would get in and out of plays and what he saw the defense give him is what made it so special. I think Brady makes the system great...not that its a great system....he has perfected it....but yes..given what the system seems to work well at is those short accurate quick throws yes that will continue to benefit Tom...he doesn't live on throwing outside the numbers something that would be harder and harder to do as he ages. It isn't jus the system....everyone knows the system...no one perfects it like Tom. We could copy it right now if we want...and others have tried...but there is still only one Tom. It's not a secret system...the difference is Tom is running it.

50 minutes ago, GoPats said:

That is one show I don't like at all is the LeBatard show. He comes off as having no sense of humor and bashes a lot of guests actually.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah...people need to get over the no huddle....quick release...or calling plays himself stuff....Manning didn't create any of it....but he did MASTER it. Which is all that matters.

Manning was the master at throwing Defenses off at the line by changing plays and yes then getting rid of the ball quickly but Dan Marino was the master with the quick release.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is one show I don't like at all is the LeBatard show. He comes off as having no sense of humor and bashes a lot of guests actually.

If it was just a sports comedy show it would be ok....but when he tries to have a serious take on something....that's when I stop listening...I just can't listen to him. I could listen to papi all day though lol. The more sports radio I've listened to the more I realize that these guys are extremely fortunate to have a job...because most have no clue what they are talking about.

I'll quote Ivan Drago "He is not a man, he is a machine"

Tom Brady gets wacked good a couple times every game and get right back up (usally crying for a flag) but it doesn't phase him. Nothing phases him. He is making a mockery of the madden curse. He is making a mockery of age. He is making a mockery of all QB's past and present. He will play 5 more years. Have more MVP's than Manning and obviously more Super bowls, Winning stats, and Passing stats. His name will be at the top of all things. ..He isn't cheating, but he is also not a man

Just now, dgambill said:

If it was just a sports comedy show it would be ok....but when he tries to have a serious take on something....that's when I stop listening...I just can't listen to him. I could listen to papi all day though lol. The more sports radio I've listened to the more I realize that these guys are extremely fortunate to have a job...because most have no clue what they are talking about.

I can't belive they replaced Colin with LeBatard. SUCH a contrast...

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Manning was the master at throwing Defenses off at the line by changing plays and yes then getting rid of the ball quickly but Dan Marino was the master with the quick release.

Not saying he did everything the best...just that he was a jedi qb....sure he lost his share of battles but he mastered the art of being a qb in almost every fashion. If you wanted to learn how to do any of those things he is someone you would want teaching you if you were a padawan learner of the qb position.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Yeah I like Papi, he is funny. Even when Bomani was on there he seemed bland. Maybe that is there style.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Not saying he did everything the best...just that he was a jedi qb....sure he lost his share of battles but he mastered the art of being a qb in almost every fashion. If you wanted to learn how to do any of those things he is someone you would want teaching you if you were a padawan learner of the qb position.

I have always said if I was doing an all-time Draft I am taking Manning to start my franchise over Tom and Montana. Tom and Montana won more SB's but Peyton can carry mediocre teams and still win 12 games every year.

3 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I'll quote Ivan Drago "He is not a man, he is a machine"

Tom Brady gets wacked good a couple times every game and get right back up (usally crying for a flag) but it doesn't phase him. Nothing phases him. He is making a mockery of the madden curse. He is making a mockery of age. He is making a mockery of all QB's past and present. He will play 5 more years. Have more MVP's than Manning and obviously more Super bowls, Winning stats, and Passing stats. His name will be at the top of all things. ..He isn't cheating, but he is also not a man

I don't think he plays 5 more years...and I don't think he ends up with more MVPs than Peyton.....but he will certainly break all of Peytons meaningful career records. I do agree....I don't know how he never gets hurt from those sacks...its like he has an uncanny ability to fall right without taking a bigger hit.

47 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

If that is the case, why then wouldn't the Pats have traded him 10 years ago for a boatload of draft picks, inserted some young, cheap QB in, and used the cap savings to go load up elsewhere? They've spent a ton of cap money and wasted the opportunity to improve elsewhere by hanging on to somebody who's just a system guy.

I havent looked closely, but the whole TB12 thing with diet, etc just has an odd feeling to it.  Almost cultish.

who knows, hard yo accuse with no facts.

probably some miracle plant from the amazon rain forest he found while practicing his dancing skills in south america with Giselle:

then again, most substances on the ban list weren't at som point:  i have a chemist friend that says you'd be surprised what can be "cooked up."

in no way am i accusing Tom, i need proof on these types of allegations.

EVEN for Tommy. haha

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

...its like he has an uncanny ability to fall right without taking a bigger hit.

This is true for his WR's too. They don't get concussed. How many licks have we seen Welker, Edelman, Amendola, White, ect. take and you're just like "dang he's out from that" then they pop right up. I'm like wow.. Hogan has looked the most shaking up. But he comes back fine the next drive hahaha. They get hurt from non contact injuries. 

But you can't take LeBatart seriously.. it's purely just for fun I guess. They could care less about sports haha. 

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Buccolts why are you confused by this. I can see anything I post you are questioning. I am in a good mood today so get off my butt.

24 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

This is true for his WR's too. They don't get concussed. How many licks have we seen Welker, Edelman, Amendola, White, ect. take and you're just like "dang he's out from that" then they pop right up. I'm like wow.. Hogan has looked the most shaking up. But he comes back fine the next drive hahaha. They get hurt from non contact injuries. 

But you can't take LeBatart seriously.. it's purely just for fun I guess. They could care less about sports haha. 

Marvin Harrison was gold at avoiding the big hit

50 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I havent looked closely, but the whole TB12 thing with diet, etc just has an odd feeling to it.  Almost cultish.

who knows, hard yo accuse with no facts.

probably some miracle plant from the amazon rain forest he found while practicing his dancing skills in south america with Giselle:

then again, most substances on the ban list weren't at som point:  i have a chemist friend that says you'd be surprised what can be "cooked up."

in no way am i accusing Tom, i need proof on these types of allegations.

EVEN for Tommy. haha

I'm a major Brady fan...but I have a feeling he is going to be an annoying weirdo with this stuff as soon as he retires.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yep...I'm not sure as I've not read his book about the science behind what he eats etc...a lot is genetic...a lot is just good common sense...and I'm sure a lot is just being so dang disciplined. His arm is definately strong enough to continue for several more years. His long ball question mostly comes from the fact he has not been a high percentage thrower (hasn't been a strength) but as you've said he hasn't had a threat since Moss left so he probably hasn't practiced it much. Its his feet, legs, core etc that will fail him much sooner. I mean Bret Favre still has plenty of arm I'm sure and could play...but its the body that gives out after years and years of hits. Tom has taken far fewer due to how he plays...but if he starts to see bigger hits etc....it only takes one sack like we saw Rodgers take and a broken collarbone or shoulder surgery and that could all change. Heck even just bone spurs in his feet etc can have an effect but he seems to be in good health and I look for it to continue for a few more years...at least until he breaks all Peyton's records.

Right, the long ball was never a strength of his, even when he was younger. But a lot of that has to do with who you have catching passes for you. 

Brady had the torn ACL but for the most part he's had no major upper body injuries. There were issues with his left shoulder for a few years, and I think his right elbow way back in 2002. But unlike Manning, who had that degenerative condition that definitely impacted his arm strength, Brady's mostly escaped any major upper body or shoulder injuries that tend to do in QBs over time. 

I have no clue how much longer he plays, but would say a minimum of two seasons after this one, maximum of four. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I've never seen it, actually... this was the first time. It was kinda painful lol... 

35 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

I'm a major Brady fan...but I have a feeling he is going to be an annoying weirdo with this stuff as soon as he retires.

LOL... me too. And while I really don't care about the off-the-field stuff, he's certainly got a rather loopy vibe about him. I don't know. Maybe I'm weird but I don't think grown men should kiss their dads on the lips. :lol:

Like I've always said, he can show up to Gillette wearing a miniskirt and go-go boots if he plays well. Don't care! 

1 minute ago, GoPats said:

Right, the long ball was never a strength of his, even when he was younger. But a lot of that has to do with who you have catching passes for you. 

Brady had the torn ACL but for the most part he's had no major upper body injuries. There were issues with his left shoulder for a few years, and I think his right elbow way back in 2002. But unlike Manning, who had that degenerative condition that definitely impacted his arm strength, Brady's mostly escaped any major upper body or shoulder injuries that tend to do in QBs over time. 

I have no clue how much longer he plays, but would say a minimum of two seasons after this one, maximum of four. 

Yep...its usually not arm strength that ends a qbs career...its other things breaking down...typically lower body since so much has to be right and a good throw starts with your base and feet etc. We saw Peyton even come back with a much weaker arm and be successful after his surgery....but when he started having leg (quad) and foot injuries he could no longer get enough on the throws. Of course the nerve injuries compound those leg and foot injuries such that he just simply doesn't have the ability to get the ball where he once could. Tom has been pretty healthy...and I think if that continues he will be there for a few more excellent years. Most of his long balls the past few years have been to running backs matched up on line backers. This year he actually has receivers that can get deep. I don't think its a strength of his...but at least now he has guys that can go up and make a play on the ball. He loves to throw those with a ton of air under them...I honestly don't know how they safeties don't pick them off...that said when they do..seems they get called back for a penalty or they drop it. I think he will continue to be successful if the line keeps him healthy.

Pulling an imaginary Peyton Manning accolade out of thin air every time a Brady thread is made doesn't help you guys. It just wreaks of insecurity and paranoia lol! And it's not like there aren't things you can credit him and only him with. We've went over this here before but some people will never learn.

As for Brady, it's not like he's out there pulling off Mike Vick runs left and right. He looks like a 10 year old obese St Bernard dog when he runs. With that said he's in phenomenal shape and an in shape 40 year old is more than what Bill Belichik needs to make it work. Yes that means that in spite of what Brady brings to the table which is still alot, Bill Belichik's got this.

5 hours ago, Bad Morty said:

If that is the case, why then wouldn't the Pats have traded him 10 years ago for a boatload of draft picks, inserted some young, cheap QB in, and used the cap savings to go load up elsewhere? They've spent a ton of cap money and wasted the opportunity to improve elsewhere by hanging on to somebody who's just a system guy.

I will only discuss this with Good Morty.