Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae for Bryant and a 4th??

If I we're the Colts I would seriously consider this scenario. Some or all of you may disagree, however my thinking is this. Steelers need secondary help and Vontae won't be re-signed here next year. The Colts seriously need wide outs. Moncrief won't be re-signed unless it's at a severely reduced amount that I'm not sure he would want and he probably will test the market. Bryant, IF, he stays out of trouble can be a difference maker with his speed and talent and the Colts need some one to compliment TY. If the Colts seriously went after Alshon last year then my thinking is that Ballard realizes they need an upgrade and IMHO Bryant is/could be better than Jeffrey.

Thoughts??

6 minutes ago, Indeee said:

If I we're the Colts I would seriously consider this scenario. Some or all of you may disagree, however my thinking is this. Steelers need secondary help and Vontae won't be re-signed here next year. The Colts seriously need wide outs. Moncrief won't be re-signed unless it's at a severely reduced amount that I'm not sure he would want and he probably will test the market. Bryant, IF, he stays out of trouble can be a difference maker with his speed and talent and the Colts need some one to compliment TY. If the Colts seriously went after Alshon last year then my thinking is that Ballard realizes they need an upgrade and IMHO Bryant is/could be better than Jeffrey.

Thoughts??

I would do this in a heartbeat, however, I doubt we can get a 4th for Vontae by itself, let alone Bryant as well. If the Steelers do it, I'd do it 100 times out of 100.

I think we can get a 3rd or 4th round pick for Vontae if we trade him to the Cowboys that need secondary help, IMO. That would be as high his value is going to be. If we let him walk, we may get a 5th round compensatory pick but I'd rather trade him now.

I wouldn't touch Bryant. He is one positive drug test away from a lifetime ban. He has already shown he can't control himself by getting a year ban. The Steelers stuck with him and worked with him to get him back on the field. Bryant now is disrespecting the Steelers by wanting a trade. No, he signed a contract and now he is complaining? Never in a million years will he be as good as Brown and for him to think he is just shows he is out of his mind.

It is apparent he is not even smart enough to work himself out of Pittsburgh. You don't get your way by going to social media to do it.

11 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Lol anybody with a bit a controversy the sheep here don’t want anything to do with. People here a joke

The problem with Bryant is he totally lacks self awareness.  He keeps failing test and then when he does pass dude he thinks he's going to get the same opportunity as he originally did.  He doesn't realize the Steelers don't fully trust him anymore and are not going to build their offense around him being a major threat.  And then he stupidly has a public hissy fit and asks to be traded when another receiver starts making plays while he's on the pine.