Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The "Best" Teams Defined

King Colt

54 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

Parity was supposed to make it more even but most teams didn't handle the cap right.

Now they do. No more throw big money to a few players. That's why we see these type of games today.

I see it in a different light. There are a few players who are making big money. Most all the QBs and all pro players are making big money. That is why there is not enough money for it to trickle down the teams to pay better players.

35 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I see it in a different light. There are a few players who are making big money. Most all the QBs and all pro players are making big money. That is why there is not enough money for it to trickle down the teams to pay better players.

That's sorta what I was saying.

Today teams are building with 2nd,3rd,4th type draft players or trade for such types. They're not throwing it at 1st rnd type players anymore which tended to burn teams.

12 hours ago, King Colt said:

The Falcons fall to the Dolphins and Detroit gives up 50+ points . Recall the Colts run and the Patriots runs when they dominated everyone? Now anyone can beat any one. "On any given Sunday" has never been more true. 

Point proven further by Giants win over Denver, who saw that coming? -omg-

Jacksonville goes from beating the Steelers to losing to the Rams... The Steelers melt down against the Jags, but then defeat possibly the best team in the NFL? 

The Fins beat Atlanta? And the Raiders who were supposed to be world beaters have lost 4 in a row... 

I'm with Chrisaaron on this... I'm completely confused at this point... 

... And I never saw the Eagles being this dominant this early in the season... I thought they would be decent, but holy cow!

On 10/15/2017 at 5:59 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Are you saying trickle down economics doesn't work!?

On 10/15/2017 at 7:43 PM, King Colt said:

The Falcons fall to the Dolphins and Detroit gives up 50+ points . Recall the Colts run and the Patriots runs when they dominated everyone? Now anyone can beat any one. "On any given Sunday" has never been more true. 

I agree but I do so with a heavy heart. An upset used to be a monumental thing. Now it's just something that's guaranteed to happen more than once a week. It's a direct but inexplicable result of the rules today just like everything else that would once have been unbelievable.

13 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I agree but I do so with a heavy heart. An upset used to be a monumental thing. Now it's just something that's guaranteed to happen more than once a week. It's a direct but inexplicable result of the rules today just like everything else that would once have been unbelievable.

Well said.

Welp, after a couple weeks of football, the AFC side has settled in to the usual suspects at the top... Patriots and Steelers are leading their divisions at 5-2... 

I can't think of two franchises more lucky and consistent, especially Pittsburgh. 

Makes me sick... Or maybe it's the flu talking...

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Welp, after a couple weeks of football, the AFC side has settled in to the usual suspects at the top... Patriots and Steelers are leading their divisions at 5-2... 

I can't think of two franchises more lucky and consistent, especially Pittsburgh. 

Makes me sick... Or maybe it's the flu talking...

If you are consistent, you end up being lucky, IMO.

They went back to what made them good, with LeVeon Bell toting the rock, and we have seen the results, beating an undefeated team and shellacking a division rival.

However, it is in the Steelers' best interest that the Chiefs drop to the #4 seed since they match up well vs the Patriots on D, and the Steelers flat out do not.