Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeShaun Watson's gesture

chad72

13 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Great Gesture

I like DW but still not sold on his future in Houston 

2 hours ago, mikey287 said:

I don't think he'll be in the league for 10 years...but very nice gesture nonetheless...

I know Pat Kirwan loves him and thinks the guy is a winner, and will be an incredible QB for the Texans.  He'll have to go through the development phases, like all QB's do.  Let's see how O'Brien does developing the guy and providing a tailored Playbook for the skills he has, and those he develops.  Jim Miller also is sold on the guy.  Those two I trust their assessments and instincts on players. Them and Gil Brandt.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I know Pat Kirwan loves him and thinks the guy is a winner, and will be an incredible QB for the Texans.  He'll have to go through the development phases, like all QB's do.  Let's see how O'Brien does developing the guy and providing a tailored Playbook for the skills he has, and those he develops.  Jim Miller also is sold on the guy.  Those two I trust their assessments and instincts on players. Them and Gil Brandt.

Not sold on BOB

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think he was the best QB in the Draft and wasn't even close, just like I said Hunt was the best RB and I am not even a Draft guru. Bears should've took Watson IMO, huge mistake not doing so.

He also has a chip on his shoulder, because Mitchell was drafted before him.  Watson has things to overcome though... he's from a spread offense and relied heavily on half field reads. He also threw a lot of interceptions.  But his  tangibles and especially intangibles are off the chart.  In 3 years, folks could well regret passing on him.

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

He also has a chip on his shoulder, because Mitchell was drafted before him.  Watson has things to overcome though... he's from a spread offense and relied heavily on half field reads. He also threw a lot of interceptions.  But his  tangibles and especially intangibles are off the chart.  In 3 years, folks could well regret passing on him.

Out of LIKES but I agree 100%. It's scary for us because now the Texans have a guy that is Good.

Watson is not someone I would have drafted in the first three rounds probably...maybe if I had an extra 3 I would take a shot...yet again, every QB that gets drafted in the first round gets hype, right up until they exhaust that "potential card" and turn to dust...

Manziel, Manuel, RG-Knee, Weeden, Locker, Ponder, Tebow, Sanchez, Freeman...they make up the majority of first round QBs from 2009 to 2013 or whatever...some were just hopeless out of the box (Manuel, Weeden, Ponder, Tebow, Sanchez and Freeman...they just flat out weren't talented, that was plainly seen in college) and some were derailed for other reasons...but how many times are people gonna fall hook, line and sinker for draft hype...? 

If I was betting man - and I am - I would short Watson...and I'd double down and take Kizer panning out over him to boot...

Maybe Watson gets a good QB coach that fixes his borderline hilarious setup mechanics and footwork...but other than that, the smart money is to bet against a project...

5 hours ago, GoPats said:

I was very impressed by Watson last week when the Texans came to Foxboro. He played with a lot of poise, and made several very good throws from the pocket. I think he's got a very bright future in the NFL. 

He has a high Football IQ IMO and is a duel threat. If he can stay healthy the Texans scare me now.

For me, the Texans have scared me for a long time. Has everyone already forgotten Andre Johnson and Arian Foster? Even Matt Schaub had his solid moments before he was a pick-6 machine. Now you have JJ Watt, Clowney, and Hopkins who are all young and showing elite qualities. DeShaun Watson is the least of my concerns.

18 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

For me, the Texans have scared me for a long time. Has everyone already forgotten Andre Johnson and Arian Foster? Even Matt Schaub had his solid moments before he was a pick-6 machine. Now you have JJ Watt, Clowney, and Hopkins who are all young and showing elite qualities. DeShaun Watson is the least of my concerns.

I hope you're not the defensive coordinator.haha

Watson played very well against the Patriots. Whether that was because the Pats defense is that bad or if the Texans took off his reins, we shall see. If Cam Newton has a great game then definitely it is the former.

When Watson took off running last Sunday, I yelled for the defense to hit him but they could never get a good hit on him. He's elusive.

On 9/28/2017 at 4:30 PM, GoPats said:

I was very impressed by Watson last week when the Texans came to Foxboro. He played with a lot of poise, and made several very good throws from the pocket. I think he's got a very bright future in the NFL. 

Me too. I don't ever remember a rookie QB looking that good against a Belichick coached defense.

2 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

Me too. I don't ever remember a rookie QB looking that good against a Belichick coached defense.

Me either, my 2 favorite OFFENSIVE players coming out the Draft were Watson and Hunt. I am glad we drafted Hooker because I wanted Defense in Round 1 but I would've took Hunt in Round 2. I Posted this in here months ago during the Draft. I also said the Bears should've took Watson.