Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 8/16/17

TKnight24

Random thought..

I have old games on youtube running in the background from time to time. I look over and there's Jim McMahon's injury history (eagles v steelers in 92').. It looks like Luck's.. Shoulder, Lacerated Kidney, Concussions. Ribs. 

That bummed me out.

I maybe the minority, but I find this green to CB move weird. You would think with Melvin out, Wilson would be getting the majority of first team reps. Perhaps it is for green to get better at coverage, but we play the rams in less then a month and imo Wilson needs all the reps he can get with the 1s if he is going to start week 1

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I maybe the minority, but I find this green to CB move weird. You would think with Melvin out, Wilson would be getting the majority of first team reps. Perhaps it is for green to get better at coverage, but we play the rams in less then a month and imo Wilson needs all the reps he can get with the 1s if he is going to start week 1

i dont think its a given that wilson will start week one

if he does, look for teams to go after him a bunch until he learns to turn and find the ball

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I think they just want a quick read on this Green to CB thing.  If he doesn't show something quick, then back to S.  The whole thing might be a reaction to our lack of CB tackling.  Green looked very good in run support Sunday...

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i dont think its a given that wilson will start week one

if he does, look for teams to go after him a bunch until he learns to turn and find the ball

Well with Melvin out, Wilson is the assumed starter

55 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I dont think they are sold on Wilson starting week 1, Green also knows the entire defense. I think in order for them to get a solid look at green he needs to get thrown in there with the wolves.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

so basically, they cant decide who to cut at safety so they are seeing if Green can play CB.

I think they are looking for the best combination of players at each position. My take is that they like Green and think he can be amongst the best 4. At least, they want to give him a chance to show he can be amongst the top four.

i think green should be a nickelback, dimeback or strong safety.  not a free safety

i watched his blitz again from sunday, and it didnt look all that impressive on replay.  he was quick and got to the Qb, but then missed the tackle

i think TY gets that sack whether green was there or not

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

I don't think its weird at all! Honestly I think his body type and speed make him a great candidate to be a good corner. Watching him play last year I thought he moved and looked like a corner playing safety.