Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poe leaves Jaxx without a deal...

5 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Jacksonville has more cap space even after all their signings. 

Damn. Well, we have Luck on our side. Jacksonville is a cursed team. I think the entire NFL has spies and know exactly what he is being offered lol.

But hey, we can get Jonathan Hankins. If we can get one of these two and get demarcus walker in the draft 2nd round...OMG. I'd be surprised if we have more than 4 100 yard rushers next year.

If I were a FA, I'd sign for money but I'd also want to be with a team with the highest chance of winning an SB soon.   As it stands now (from interested teams), that would be Atlanta or Oakland.  Hopefully, he sees some promise in the Colts and signs with Indy.  Of course, you have to figure in the D scheme, which makes Indy a good candidate.

If he's signing just for money alone, he'll go with Jacksonville, who I believe will offer the most.

The fact that he didn't sign gives us a little hope but we need to go wih Hankins, possibly, if Poe doesn't sign.

I don't think we have the personnel at NT right now and I'm not sure what rookie would do.

44 minutes ago, Freeupfreeney said:

He's gonna sign for the team that offers the most.

I think of the 3 teams, we have the largest cap space right? Or am I wrong?

Meh. You don't need to take visits around the country to go to the highest bidder. Money is obviously going to be a significant factor, maybe the biggest factor, but it's obviously not the only factor. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Meh. You don't need to take visits around the country to go to the highest bidder. Money is obviously going to be a significant factor, maybe the biggest factor, but it's obviously not the only factor. 

Do you think he already knows what teams are offering before he visits?   Otherwise he wouldn't know who is offering the most unless he visits 

Just now, Coltfreak said:

Do you think he already knows what teams are offering before he visits?   Otherwise he wouldn't know who is offering the most unless he visits 

I do think numbers have already been exchanged. I'm sure there are negotiations taking place at the same time, but I would bet his agents have already talked about contract numbers prior to the visits. Otherwise, there's little point in him visiting if a team isn't in the ball park.

14 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

I think he definitely knows whats generally being offered before he goes to visit. Otherwise he'd have about 15 visits lined up with most teams just being lukewarm and lowball him. Theres no way he would schedule a visit without knowing at least a ballpark offer.