Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Current post-FA depth chart

55 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Ugh.  Just looking at this roster makes me wish we would have canned Grigs a couple of years ago.

That can be said with the hind sight we all have now.

Two years ago we were in the AFC championship game after a couple years off Grigson winning GM of the year. It wouldn't have entered anyone's mind at that time.

14 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That can be said with the hind sight we all have now.

Two years ago we were in the AFC championship game after a couple years off Grigson winning GM of the year. It wouldn't have entered anyone's mind at that time.

You're right.  I certainly wasn't clamoring for him to leave at that time.  Just wish they would have had foresight.  This roster was a mess.  I almost feel a little bad for Ballard and what he inherited, especially defensively.

6 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

You're right.  I certainly wasn't clamoring for him to leave at that time.  Just wish they would have had foresight.  This roster was a mess.  I almost feel a little bad for Ballard and what he inherited, especially defensively.

The bright side is Ballard didn't take over a team who's cupboards were bare.

We had a top 10 offense last season, which should improve with depth on the line and a defense improvement.  (May not have to score as much)

We had one of the worst defenses in the league, and looking at the OPs roster, its improved, even if it's not Poe at NT.  Add in at least one rookie starter.   

My biggest concern in the division is how much the Jags improved.  Thank God they still have Bortles.  I'm almost hoping the Texans get Romo.  He'll inevitably get hurt and that will set that franchise back again.  We seem to have the Titans number.  

I'm optimistic.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I'm wondering if Steichen has had a good influence on him, or if Ballard just had a change in philosophy. It could be as simple as Latu being the BPA on defense, so we'll see as the draft goes on today and tomorrow what type of players he takes. Definitely promising to see him take Latu over Turner though. I was cheering from my house when that happened. 
    • My wife and I are both 30, but we feel like old people. I don't get the sunglasses indoors, TikTok dances, or constant selfies in public, but oh well. I suppose my kids will have a leg up in the job market when they've practiced communication skills rather than the dance of the week! 😂
    • I just want to point out that Ballard again told us the truth in his pre-draft presser. His answer to the question of whether he has changed anything in his draft philosophy, pretty much explains the Latu pick in view of him being a bit of a departure from what he's usually done (i.e. super high level athleticism, some projection of what the player can be vs what he is now)     "of course you look for unique talent, unique traits, ...character... but then also... on the flip side of that making sure that we are drafting not only the unique traits but also some substance with the tape"...    So yeah, I think this answer a very good explanation of that pick... "substance with the tape". Not that Latu is not athletic. He is, but his athleticism is not his selling point. The selling point is the substance - the technical refinement, the tape, the production.    With that said... I wonder if we will continue to see that on day 2 and day 3? Can we see one of the Ballard's lowest RAS drafts? 
    • From @nsurg   "So he had a cervical fusion... this is a surgery I do frequently.  Once it heals the surgery is more or less the strongest part of the neck.  The biggest problems with a fusion in this context are:        (1) loss of nerve function prior to surgery may or may not recover after surgery, usually over the next 3-12 months (but his production after surgery implies no major concern on this)        (2) the patient will have somewhat accelerated wear/arthritis at non fused levels.  While this is a real concern, it will unfortunately be more of an issue for him later in life, after his NFL career.                 Peyton had this surgery as his final neck surgery before playing for the broncos, but his problem was number one above, he apparently never had the same arm strength as before.        Ahmad Bradshaw also had this same surgery in 2013, he already had I think 6 years of RB play prior to that.  His YPC held up but was utilized less, but this may mirror more a tapering RB career.                 I'm not personally worried about the medical status of this player, but I have no idea the actual details obviously.  I will say that very few surgeons would be eager to clear the player to play afterwards, mostly for the stupid liability things in medicine.                 I think it's fair to say we got a really nice pick here for value."   https://forums.colts.com/topic/76891-colts-select-laiatu-latu-edge-ucla/?do=findComment&comment=2646941
  • Members

• DoubleE Colt

DoubleE Colt 337

• DynaMike

DynaMike 158

• Hoose

Hoose 1,968

• stitches

stitches 19,441

• jvan1973

jvan1973 10,828

• GoColts8818