Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Geathers is the second most improved safety according to PFF

CR91

21 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

So we basically have 2 maybe 3 long term starters on the defense.  Everyone else needs to be replaced.  

There is no way this article is what broke that news to you...

We've known this...

39 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think if he stays healthy that Geathers will have a big year.

I agree-- but tend to think the secondary's performance is going to be influenced heavily by how we address our LB woes.  Right now we don't have a single legitimate pass-rusher on this team (Walden had his best 'sack year' with 11 last season -- in his other 8 years, he had 6 sacks once, 3 sacks five times, and 0 sacks once -- he isn't a guy who's putting fear into opposing offenses, nor do I expect him to improve on last year's total at age 32).

If we can't rush the opposing QB, and if we can't contain the RB with our front 7, our back 4 is going to have a difficult time.  I think with Vontae we have a stud, with Geathers we have a very good player (if healthy) and then we have some question marks elsewhere (will Green improve and be our FS? do we bring back Adams, and does his production not fall off at age 36? Is Butler a slot CB or a FS if Adams isn't back and Green doesn't vastly improve? Can Patrick Robinson stay healthy? Can any of the other players in our secondary be effective consistently? Do we go after talent in FA or draft?).  

On 2/24/2017 at 3:16 PM, Valpo2004 said:

So we basically have 2 maybe 3 long term starters on the defense.  Everyone else needs to be replaced.  

I disagree, the Colts have

Davis

Geathers

E.Jackson

H.Anderson

K.Langford.

If they resign Walden that is 6.  Then you have players like Parry, Kerr, McGill who are all very good rotational guys.  And it's too early to make te call on guys like Green, Morrison, R.Melvin (who started playing pretty well the last few games of the season, P. Robinson.  The Colts need some D help, but it's not like they need to replace 20-25 guys on D

14 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Davis

Geathers

E.Jackson

H.Anderson

K.Langford.

If they resign Walden that is 6.  Then you have players like Parry, Kerr, McGill who are all very good rotational guys.  And it's too early to make te call on guys like Green, Morrison, R.Melvin (who started playing pretty well the last few games of the season, P. Robinson.  The Colts need some D help, but it's not like they need to replace 20-25 guys on D

I believe Hassan Ridgeway showed promise near the end of the year and may take that 2nd year leap that Dungy always spoke of.

On 2/27/2017 at 4:45 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

Davis

Geathers

E.Jackson

H.Anderson

K.Langford.

You cannot crown Edwin Jackson. He's not bad but he's nothing special . A rotational guy at best. I know we're desperate for answers at LB but let's let Ballard build up the team with "good" players instead of trying to overrate average rotational guys. Those days are over I think.

Fair enough.  I just like what I saw from him and I think he can be a long term starter in the NFL.

11 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

You cannot crown Edwin Jackson. He's not bad but he's nothing special . A rotational guy at best. I know we're desperate for answers at LB but let's let Ballard build up the team with "good" players instead of trying to overrate average rotational guys. Those days are over I think.