Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Trade him?? Hey he might start dominating again for all we know. You guys do need hitters though so maybe someone would take Harvey for a great prospect?

Trade him while his value is high. I think he is signed through next year. We won't re-sign him. He had caused too many distractions.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Seems that way with NFLfan too. Man, Poor Harvey. I am just messing around but he did Pitch great tonight.

He did. We need him to continue. Maybe we can trade him to the Rangers or Astros or another team with good prospects. What teams need starting pitching?

26 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Remember some teams have still have rules against facial hair

I have no problem with baseball players with facial hair or long hair. I like Noah's and deGrom's long hair.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A contender may take him because they might think he can get them over the top.

I hope. haha The Mets might want too much for him. 

My Mets team will look different next year. Grandy and Wright probably won't be back. They are two of the nicest and classiest players in baseball. 

img_2556.jpg

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

My Mets team will look different next year. Grandy and Wright probably won't be back. They are two of the nicest and classiest players in baseball. 

img_2556.jpg

Yeah it sucks when you get attached to players and then they leave or get traded. I miss Fowler and Chap bigtime. People can say what they want about Chap but our BullPen was a lot better with him. He would've won WS MVP had it not been for the 2 run HR he gave up to Davis in Game 7. He still came back in the 9th and got the Indians out and got the win by the way. His Game 5 performance set the tone for the comeback in the series as he Pitched magnificently for 3 Innings to close that game out to get us to a Game 6. He is really only a 1 Inning Pitcher, 2 at most and we used him a ton.

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

img_2556.jpg

Who off the Cubs would you want? That is reasonable LOL, not Bryant or Rizzo but other than those 2?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For Harvey because a change of scenery might be great for Harvey. He is way younger than Lackey as well and the Cubs technically only have 3 other Pitchers in Jake, Lester, and Hendricks that are considered solid.

I would probably want one or two minor league prospects. But if I am restricted to taking an active major leaguer, I think I might take Contreras. We need a catcher. He has speed right? That is something we don't have on the team. Is he a good defensive catcher? That is important to me. 

I like defense. Heyward is still young. I may consider him but he has to hit better. 

Here are franchises and some of their Greatest teams. If you had to have 1 team represent your favorite teams franchise over the years, who would it be?

*Mine would be the 2016 Cubs obviously for the Cubs

*Mets possibly would be 1986?

*Yankees have a huge choice at 3 = 1927, 1961, 1998?

*Reds = 1975?

*Cardinals = 1982?

*Dodgers = 1955, 1988?

*WhiteSox = 2005?

*RedSox = 2004?

*Tigers = 1984?

*Braves = 1995?

*Giants = 2012?

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I would probably want one or two minor league prospects. But if I am restricted to taking an active major leaguer, I think I might take Contreras. We need a catcher. He has speed right? That is something we don't have on the team. Is he a good defensive catcher? That is important to me. 

I like defense. Heyward is still young. I may consider him but he has to hit better. 

I was just wondering, those options are reasonable. I have to look at what prospects the Cubs have now. We just brought up Happ. Happ looks pretty good so far.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here are franchises and some of their Greatest teams. If you had to have 1 team represent your favorite teams franchise over the years, who would it be?

*Yankees have a huge choice at 3 = 1927, 1961, 1998

*Reds = 1975?

*Cardinals = 1982?

*Dodgers = 1988?

*WhiteSox = 2005?

*RedSox = 2004?

*Tigers = 1984?

'86 Mets for me.

Dodgers  1955 -- 98-55 record, great players

Duke Snider, Roy Campanella (MVP, his 3rd), Don Newcombe, Peewee Reese, Jackie Robinson, Gil Hodges, Dandy Koufax, Carl Furillo.

'86 Mets for me.

Dodgers  1955 -- 98-55 record, great players

Duke Snider, Campanella, Don Newcombe, Peewee Reese, Jackie Robinson, Gil Hodges, Dandy Koufax, Carl Furillo.

Yeah yours is like mine, pretty set in stone. Mine is 2016 and yours 1986. Yankees fans would definitely have a dilemma with 1927, 1961, and 1998. 1955 Dodgers would be the correct choice but 1988 was more recent and Hershiser was unreal as they took out a powerful A's team.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

*Yankees have a huge choice at 3 = 1927, 1961, 1998?

*Reds = 1975?

*Cardinals = 1982?

*Dodgers = 1955 or 1988?

*WhiteSox = 2005?

*RedSox = 2004?

*Tigers = 1984?

*Braves = 1995?

*Giants = 2012?

*A's = 1989?

Looks good to me.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't have anything against people getting Tattoos. I even once dated a girl that had 3 of them, she was cute so oh well. I don't have any myself though and don't plan on getting one. I am amazed at how many NBA players have them. Was watching some Lakers/Celtics games from the 80's and nobody had Tattoos back then.

I have no issues with tattoos, as long as it's great art and has a meaning. I've got 3, and plan on getting more in the future. Got my first tattoo 20 yrs ago, portrait of my dad.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Contreras-

Speed? Blazing!

Defensive catcher? He's an animal! He's also becoming a home run machine!

Will the Cubs let him go? Heck no!!!! He's one of my favs on the team, and they don't have my permission to trade him, lol!

Heywards bat is starting to come around, changing his stance has really helped him.

5 hours ago, GOZER said:

Contreras-

Speed? Blazing!

Defensive catcher? He's an animal! He's also becoming a home run machine!

Will the Cubs let him go? Heck no!!!! He's one of my favs on the team, and they don't have my permission to trade him, lol!

Heywards bat is starting to come around, changing his stance has really helped him.

So, you think I made some good choices? 2006CBE asked who I wanted for Harvey -- Rizzo and Bryant were not available. I think Contreras is the best choice. I know Cubs fans like Schwarber but something about his weight bothers me. If Zobrist was under 28, I might have wanted him. If you still had Fowler, I would want him.

Contreras would be best for us, but it won't happen. It is nice to dream.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

So, you think I made some good choices? 2006CBE asked who I wanted for Harvey -- Rizzo and Bryant were not available. I think Contreras is the best choice. I know Cubs fans like Schwarber but something about his weight bothers me. If Zobrist was under 28, I might have wanted him. If you still had Fowler, I would want him.

Contreras would be best for us, but it won't happen. It is nice to dream.

Excellent choice, one that would require more then just Harvey though. I think Zobrist would be safe as well.....Schwarber, I'm not so sure, he is in a serious slump right now. He plays LF, and can also play Catcher and First base. He's not the fastest(maybe due to weight) but he hustles. There was a lot of talk of him being traded last season, he's def not helping his value right now.

46 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Excellent choice, one that would require more then just Harvey though. I think Zobrist would be safe as well.....Schwarber, I'm not so sure, he is in a serious slump right now. He plays LF, and can also play Catcher and First base. He's not the fastest(maybe due to weight) but he hustles. There was a lot of talk of him being traded last season, he's def not helping his value right now.

Zobrist is at least 34-35 years old. That would be a bad trade for the Mets,  unless they were in contention. The Mets have too many teams to beat to add someone like Zobrist. They need youth.

I think whoever gets Harvey would be getting a very good player. NYC is not good for someone like him. NYC is good for guys like Curtis Granderson, David Wright, Eli Manning (you know, Andrew Luck and Teddy Bridgewater type players). Guys who like attention can lose concentration and forget that they are here to do a job, not to date the hottest model around.  

18 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

White Sox win 5-4. I really do like some of their young players. It was Melky Cabrera with the damage today though. They face an old friend Chris Sale tomorrow

I hope the ChiSox beat Sale. He is a really good pitcher but I am not a fan of his. 

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Obviously, I hope so too. He's been great up to this point so it will be a battle tomorrow

Whatever happened to that player who wanted his son to be practicing with the team? I know he quit but did anything else come of that?

Whatever happened to that player who wanted his son to be practicing with the team? I know he quit but did anything else come of that?

Nope he just retired. Adam LaRoche. I remember that whole ordeal. And the Chris Sale thing with the retro jerseys as well. Not a good PR effort last year from my White Sox

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Nope he just retired. Adam LaRoche. I remember that whole ordeal. And the Chris Sale thing with the retro jerseys as well. Not a good PR effort last year from my White Sox

I agreed with management at the time. I don't recall everything but I did not think it was appropriate to have his son there. It is a place of employment. JMO. Sale criticized management at the time.

I don't believe I heard about the retro jersey thing. What was that?

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I agreed with management at the time. I don't recall everything but I did not think it was appropriate to have his son there. It is a place of employment. JMO. Sale criticized management at the time.

I don't believe I heard about the retro jersey thing. What was that?

I agree about the son thing. It's a place of business. You're there to train to win games, not entertain your son. Save that for after work. The jersey thing was that Chris cut up the throwback jerseys before a scheduled start. Did not agree with him at all on that issue

8 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I agree about the son thing. It's a place of business. You're there to train to win games, not entertain your son. Save that for after work. The jersey thing was that Chris cut up the throwback jerseys before a scheduled start. Did not agree with him at all on that issue

Thanks. Ugh. I don't like the guy. Go beat him.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mets are leading the Brew Crew 4-2 in the 7th, Cards lost to the Dodgers, but the Cubs are down 5-2 at SD. Hendricks gave up a Grand Slam. Cubs are struggling so bad they may lose to the Padres today :facepalm:

I don't get it with their starting pitching. It's been horrendous

Archived