Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kyle S is really struggling - he just popped up, really without Fowler we lack a traditional leadoff guy. That hurts. Last season having Fowler's presence was huge as he has decent speed, got on base in big moments, and even showed power at times. I loved having him leadoff because then with Bryant/Rizzo/Zobrist in the 2/3/4 holes that was real dangerous. All 3 of those guys are Very Good to Great hitters. Fowler set the tone for those guys though. Anyway going to the Bottom of the 3rd now 0-0.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

0-0 through 2 Innings. So far Lackey looks great but it's early.

Good to hear

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kyle S is really struggling - he just popped up, really without Fowler we lack a traditional leadoff guy. That hurts. Last season having Fowler's presence was huge as he has decent speed, got on base in big moments, and even showed power at times. I loved having him leadoff because then with Bryant/Rizzo/Zobrist in the 2/3/4 holes that was real dangerous. All 3 of those guys are Very Good to Great hitters. Fowler set the tone for those guys though. Anyway going to the Bottom of the 3rd now 0-0.

Everything Will Be Okay 

Schwarber with another strikeout......what the heck is going on with the kid???? Cubs are playing like garbage right now....another shutout will not be good!

Lets Go Cubbies, LETS GET SOME RUNS!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Schwarber with another strikeout......what the heck is going on with the kid???? Cubs are playing like garbage right now....another shutout will not be good!

Lets Go Cubbies, LETS GET SOME RUNS!!!!!!

Not sure, I have never Kyle play this badly. Brew Crew won today so if we lose we fall out of 1st place by a half game.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Utley is on fire, he just gave the Dodgers a 1-0 lead. Lackey was cruising but gave up a 2 Out Double, then a hit to Utley that scored a Run. 1-0 going to the Top of the 5th.

Yes what I told PT last night hurt us as well

Going to the top of the 9th, Mets up 4-3. Hope their bullpen does not blow this.

I am out of "Likes". haha That seems to be happening frequently now. I used to be so judicious/selective when  giving them out. 

How do you like the uniforms they are using to commemorate Memorial Day? I like them.

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

:Gaah:. Pirates tie it up. 4-4 Mets bullpen is killing us. Pirates are in position to win. Winning run is on 3rd, only 1 out. 

We miss our closer. 

Mets got out of it. The game is now in extra innings. 4-4 top of 10th, runner on 1st, 2 outs.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Sarcasm? I have not followed the Rockies in a while. Coors Field was a hitter's paradise.

Rockies to me are the most surprising team in the league so far. To be in 1st place in the West and have the record they have is shocking actually. I expected the Nats and Astros to be good and even win their Divison.

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Cards and Cubs trying to find themselves and they will

I agree, luckily they are in a Division where they are the 2 best teams. Brew Crew is right with them record wise but I think they will fade. If we were in the Nats Division or the NL West I would be a bit worried eventhough it's only late May.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

They play the game the way I want to see it played

I am going to have to see a Rockies game. I believe the Mets play them soon.

Mets will play the Brew Crew in NY this coming week. Since I am off, I hope to go to a game. 

Archived