Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NFLfan said:

What do you guys like about the Rockies? I cannot name anyone on the Rockies. Do they play the way the Royals played a couple of years ago when they won it all?

The Starting pitching is good , Charlie Blackmon Gonzales ? 

Just now, NFLfan said:

What do you guys like about the Rockies? I cannot name anyone on the Rockies. Do they play the way the Royals played a couple of years ago when they won it all?

I cant really name too many players on their team either but they play great fundamentally sound Defense and seem to get timely clutch hits this season to win games. Not sure it will last because the Dodgers are in that Division but with the Giants stinking the joint up they could make the Playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Makes you scratch your head and say why did I stay up anyway .:facepalm:

Yep. The Pirates never led until the winning hit. That has happened a few times to the Mets. Their bullpen is terrible. They have been overused because the some of the starters have been injured. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I cant really name too many players on their team either but they play great fundamentally sound Defense and seem to get timely clutch hits this season to win games. Not sure it will last because the Dodgers are in that Division but with the Giants stinking the joint up they could make the Playoffs.

I think it will be a battle between the Rockies and Dodgers . I think I fear the Rockies more

Just now, NFLfan said:

Yep. The Pirates never led until the winning hit. That has happened a few times to the Mets. Their bullpen is terrible. They have been overused because the some of the starters have been injured. 

That wears out a bullpen its much like leaving a defense on field in NFL for way to many minutes

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

That wears out a bullpen its much like leaving a defense on field in NFL for way to many minutes

Very good comparison. You're right. 

I checked the Rockies lineup. The only one I know is Ian Desmond. 

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards just won 3-0. I seen the end of it. So they and the Cubs are tied for 2nd. Cubs are at 25-23, Cards at 24-22. Brew Crew at 26-23 in 1st.

Yes I went to bed and finished it out , lol way past my bedtime. Lynn goes for Cards with a chance to split ,I will take that at Coors against this team and be happy.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards just won 3-0. I seen the end of it. So they and the Cubs are tied for 2nd. Cubs are at 25-23, Cards at 24-22. Brew Crew at 26-23 in 1st.

Still too early to worry about who is in first place, especially when you are a half game behind. 

If you had to make a trade, what would you trade for?

For me, it would be for help in the bullpen. They stink pretty bad right now.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Still too early to worry about who is in first place, especially when you are a half game behind. 

The Cards could stand middle relief , however no need for trade they have it in Farm system , I look for moves in that area real soon.

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

IMO the Cubs have made their "trades" in bringing up Ian Happ and Eddie Butler 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

BullPen is a major concern. I hope the Cubs can pick up another Pitcher to help out by mid season. Last season when we brought in Chap that really helped.

Archived