Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In your opinion which Cardinals team is the best of all-time? I thought the 1985 team was really great but they lost on a bad call. Having said that you still have 1982, 2006, and 2011 to choose from or is it another Cards team from way back. The best Cubs team ever for me was last year 2016, easy answer for me lmao but I will say this the 1984 team was Great, they just blew it in the NLCS.

Brother there is no way for me to pick they are all special to me each team was stronger and unique in different areas . I would've loved to seen the Gas House gang . If I look at teams other than Cards the Cubs were special last year but I have to go with the Big Red machine and the Pirate teams when they won it Stout teams all the way around.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Where are all the Yankees fans? 65 must be away.

The Yankees could have a lot of Mt. Rushmores. Who is on their 1st (meaning who are the best Yankees players ever)?

Ruth, DiMaggio, Berra, Mantle???

Mattingly would need to be on one so would Casey Stengel 

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Brother there is no way for me to pick they are all special to me each team was stronger and unique in different areas . I would've loved to seen the Gas House gang . If I look at teams other than Cards the Cubs were special last year but I have to go with the Big Red machine and the Pirate teams when they won it Stout teams all the way around.

The BigRed Machine was a special team in their Repeat run of 1975/76, I was just too young to remember it live. I started watching sports in the late 70's but know all about them with Rose, Bench, Foster, Morgan.

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Where are all the Yankees fans? 65 must be away.

The Yankees could have a lot of Mt. Rushmores. Who is on their 1st (meaning who are the best Yankees players ever)?

Ruth, DiMaggio, Berra, Mantle???

Maris as a Yankee pretty good as a Card but best years with the Bombers

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Mattingly would need to be on one so would Casey Stengel 

Mattingly cannot be over those 4 (Berra, Ruth, DiMaggio, Mantle). Those guys are legends. Jeter and Mariano may be over Mattingly, as they won championships with the Yankees. It was unfortunate that Mattingly was there when the Yankees were not good.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Mattingly cannot be over those 4 (Berra, Ruth, DiMaggio, Mantle). Those guys are legends. Jeter and Mariano may be over Mattingly, as they won championships with the Yankees. It was unfortunate that Mattingly was there when the Yankees were not good.

Yes IMO he stands out even more because of that a great hitter without much protection

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Never said he would beat those guys out but that if would/should be on one

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I love your 4 but I would almost bet any diehard Yankee fan would have Jeter on it. He was that great and loved. Not sure who they could take off your list though. Maybe DiMaggio?

14 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Maris as a Yankee pretty good as a Card but best years with the Bombers

Maris cannot be among the top four. Mattingly before Maris.

Other Yankees legends:

Munson

Reggie

Ricky Henderson 

Mariano

Any pitchers??

The one that pitched the perfect game in the playoffs?

Whitey Ford?

Dave Righetti?

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Never said he would beat those guys out but that if would/should be on one

Oh, absolutely. When I was growing up, Mattingly was one of the most popular NY players. He was beloved by Yankees fans. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That series was close! Pirates in 7, that series looked similar to last years Cubs/Indians. I thought the Mets/RedSox in 1986 was one of the best too.

I love Baseball have been fortunate to see a lot of them dating back to this my first one at 5 years old   .http://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/1964_WS.shtml

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Other Yankees legends:

Munson

Do you think Mattingly should replace Mantle, DiMaggio, or Berra?

No but Jeter should be on it. I am one that even thinks Jeter at times got too much credit for the Yankess winning but he belongs on their Mt Rushmore IMO. I bet many don't know, Jeter never won a League MVP. How's that for the stat of the day.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Other Yankees legends:

Munson

Do you think Mattingly should replace Mantle, DiMaggio, or Berra?

No I wasn't saying they should lol the Yankees have many like the Cards Lol what about Whitey Ford He belongs there Who do you remove ?

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love your 4 but I would almost bet any diehard Yankee fan would have Jeter on it. He was that great and loved. Not sure who they could take off your list though. Maybe DiMaggio?

DiMaggio may be the second best Yankee.  

Best WS I have watched are

1. Last year, not just because the Cubs won but Game 7 had so may twists and turns. It may have been the best Game 7 I have ever seen in any sport.

2. 1986 Mets over RedSox, Game 6 need I say more, Mets won in 7.

3. 2001 Diamondbacks over Yankees, Yanks going for a 4-Peat and the Backs beat Riveria in Game 7!

Archived