Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manziels dad opens up

RockThatBlue

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why don't people just have 1 or 2 drinks and call it a night. This is sad. 99.9% would kill to be in his position, playing in the NFL with his money and he is flushing it down the toilet!

Unfortunately for him, he's not playing in the NFL. He's done, and he's certainly not coming back. If NFL owners thought Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco were headaches, Manziel makes them look like perfect little angels. Furthermore, unlike JaMarcus Russell who did a good job of keeping out of the media and having a chance at a comeback attempt, Manziel can't seem to stay away from the media and makes himself look bad on every occasion.

13 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Unfortunately for him, he's not playing in the NFL. He's done, and he's certainly not coming back. If NFL owners thought Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco were headaches, Manziel makes them look like perfect little angels. Furthermore, unlike JaMarcus Russell who did a good job of keeping out of the media and having a chance at a comeback attempt, Manziel can't seem to stay away from the media and makes himself look bad on every occasion.

Yeah if Manziel doesn't change his ways he may not live very long. That is sad to say but true, his own dad said so. I cant see him playing another down in the NFL as of now.

Addictions of any kind can dominate your life and end your life if not realized. Till he wants to help himself no one can. I never cared too much for Johnny but I never want to see anyone throw their life away because of addictions. The saddest part is his family dealing with it and not being able to do anything about it. I am pretty sure we all have seen this before with family members or friends. I hope he can help himself if not, there is only one ending and it's not good.

No offense really just think that he wants to get help but feels like he doesn't need it. That is how a lot of people that have his addiction have. Need help but do not think they have a problem. If you know what I mean. As really needs to focus on getting help. Or he could end up in a grave. And way too late for his family to stage an intervention.

11 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't feel any sympathy for him at all.  He has all the resources in the world to get the help he needs and focus on his career, but he is doing nothing to make himself better.  He's a complete waste of talent and time.  Forget about him and move on

Good points 21 it is hard to feel sympathy for someone who screwed their own life up. I do hope at some point he geta help though.

I think it's true that most addicts don't feel they have a problem or need help.  It sounds like his family has tried to intervene, with no success.  As with any addict, until he himself comes to the realization, and makes the decision that he needs help, it won't ever happen.

You would think losing his NFL career would wake him up to the fact that he does indeed have a problem.  If that hasn't done it, then who knows if he'll ever come to the realization.  

6 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't feel any sympathy for him at all.  He has all the resources in the world to get the help he needs and focus on his career, but he is doing nothing to make himself better.  He's a complete waste of talent and time.  Forget about him and move on

Yup. Dad should feel guilty too. Even properly raised kids can become addicts, but you should expect this from a spoiled rich kid. 

Now hes a grown, spoiled adult who was coddled by a league with people too soft and concerned about winning to tell him that he's a screw up.

Hes an adult so all of his actions are his own choice, but the culture around him played a part. No one should be shocked. But again, I have no remorse for him.

On 6/25/2016 at 7:01 PM, Defjamz26 said:

Yup. Dad should feel guilty too. Even properly raised kids can become addicts, but you should expect this from a spoiled rich kid. 

Now hes a grown, spoiled adult who was coddled by a league with people too soft and concerned about winning to tell him that he's a screw up.

Hes an adult so all of his actions are his own choice, but the culture around him played a part. No one should be shocked. But again, I have no remorse for him.

I don't know how much we should be judging his parents.  Sure they could have screwed things up with him, that's entirely possible.  But we don't know much about how he was raised.  We just know he went to Texas A&M, showed off some talent and then stuff started coming out about him partying and the like.  

It seems like people want to blame his parents just cause they have money.  But what evidence do they have that his parents played into it?  

I'd rather blame the Browns.  They knew about this stuff and they just handed someone with alcohol and drug problems millions of dollars.  

But his dad is right, there is pretty much only 2 ways this thing ends.  Either he realizes at some point that he needs help, or he dies at a very young age.  

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I don't know how much we should be judging his parents.  Sure they could have screwed things up with him, that's entirely possible.  But we don't know much about how he was raised.  We just know he went to Texas A&M, showed off some talent and then stuff started coming out about him partying and the like.  

It seems like people want to blame his parents just cause they have money.  But what evidence do they have that his parents played into it?  

I'd rather blame the Browns.  They knew about this stuff and they just handed someone with alcohol and drug problems millions of dollars.  

But his dad is right, there is pretty much only 2 ways this thing ends.  Either he realizes at some point that he needs help, or he dies at a very young age.  

Rich kids have a tendency to become screw ups because their parents don't give them attention or set boundaries. I think that much is apparent with Johnnys parents. A lot of kids party in college. Not all kids are druggies though.

But I'd blame Texas A&M before the Browns though. They are the ones that knew first about his behavior and they failed to nip it in the but.

17 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Rich kids have a tendency to become screw ups because their parents don't give them attention or set boundaries. I think that much is apparent with Johnnys parents. A lot of kids party in college. Not all kids are druggies though.

But I'd blame Texas A&M before the Browns though. They are the ones that knew first about his behavior and they failed to nip it in the but.

True enough, but the Browns turned it from a pattern of poor behavior into an epic personal meltdown by giving him all that money.

If Johnny Manziel doesn't have millions of dollars, things might not be as bad as they are.  

But I still disagree with blaming his parents until we have more information.  Just because his parents are well off doesn't mean they caused the problem.  To me I think a lot of that is just simple jealousy that people have and little more.  The whole "spoiled rich kid" thing makes people feel better about themselves.  

Funny also when poor kids misbehave we don't ascribe their problems to their poverty we instead call them "thugs and gangsters"  Again we frame it in a way that makes us feel better about ourselves.  

On 6/27/2016 at 5:06 PM, Defjamz26 said:

Rich kids have a tendency to become screw ups because their parents don't give them attention or set boundaries.

That is a pretty broad stroke that has really no basis in reality.  There are as many (percentage wise) kids from poor and middle class parents that become screw ups because their parents don't give them attention or set boundaries.

Your hatred towards the rich is clouding your judgement.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:16 AM, Buck Showalter said:

Ha, the article says he spent over a grand in a paraphernalia shop... Good Lord how many bongs does one need???

Manziel is like an after-school-special poster boy for the war on drugs...

Have you been in a paraphernalia shop lately?  I was in one in Denver in April and it would be easy to spend a grand in one. Some of those bongs were over $500 and the dabbing kits were pretty expensive also. What they call 'glass' is real expensive. They have 'artist' that draw a lot of attention making these different types of 'glass'.

46 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Have you been in a paraphernalia shop lately?  I was in one in Denver in April and it would be easy to spend a grand in one. Some of those bongs were over $500 and the dabbing kits were pretty expensive also. What they call 'glass' is real expensive. They have 'artist' that draw a lot of attention making these different types of 'glass'.

What did a Cam Newton dabbing kit go for?

Sorry, I have no idea what 'dabbing' is in either context.