Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Uniforms rated by fans for likability

SkyBane

It is kind of wierd when you talk about uniforms. I have always looked at the Colts uniforms and said they are a

little bland for my tastes, but old school fans love that type of uniform. If you look at the helmets and how they rank as far as look and design, Colts are one of the top. I have also seen other surveys which like Colts uni's for the fact they are simple, old school. Regardless of differing opinions, I do love the helmet. Simple and

elegant!

10 minutes ago, loudnproudcolt said:

It is kind of wierd when you talk about uniforms. I have always looked at the Colts uniforms and said they are a

little bland for my tastes, but old school fans love that type of uniform. If you look at the helmets and how they rank as far as look and design, Colts are one of the top. I have also seen other surveys which like Colts uni's for the fact they are simple, old school. Regardless of differing opinions, I do love the helmet. Simple and

elegant!

Per the survey data and comments taken from the polled, blue and white are seen as bland colors by modern fans, and many teams with this color scheme scored mid to badly in the poll.

I think it also has a lot to do with the teams, and not just the uniform. Look at Green Bay, NY Giants and Jets, same bland uniforms as far as color schemes and design, old school. In fact i believe NY Giants is one of the worst uniforms in my opinion. I bet all 3 of those teams rated highly. Their are variables here which color the

outcome of the poll.

16 minutes ago, loudnproudcolt said:

I think it also has a lot to do with the teams, and not just the uniform. Look at Green Bay, NY Giants and Jets, same bland uniforms as far as color schemes and design, old school. In fact i believe NY Giants is one of the worst uniforms in my opinion. I bet all 3 of those teams rated highly. Their are variables here which color the

outcome of the poll.

Of the ones you listed, only Green Bay is in the top 10, at 5. Jets are ranked 12, Giants at 23. The poll takers did a good job normalizing for bias.

edit: Just gonna post the chart here:

rVfFZKq.png

9 minutes ago, BOTT said:

just make the,helmet blue already and use the throwback blue.

That wouldn't be bad at all. I like the older style made jerseys better than the ones they have now. The new ones look like they are patch worked together.

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Interesting article.  OTOH, once the game begins, I could not care any less about uni's - unless it's that hideous bumblebee / jailbreak Steelers throwback.  Ugh!!

866771e3a0ee0d3ee8abf64829c044db.jpg

Seeing this always reminds me of this-

maxresdefault.jpg

For my music loving friensd SW1 -

7 hours ago, esmort said:

GB and SEA both way too high IMO. I think they both have some of the least appealing uniforms. 

I actually like the Seahawks uni, but I agree about GB.  If the packers never existed and a expansion came out with those, people would kill them

I actually like the Brown uniforms better than most.  

Just a simple uniform as it has always been.  I think nostalgia does and should play a big part in it.   I like the Colts uniforms as well.   I've never cared for some that remind me of arena football teams. 

For the most part it's not something I care about too much.  

There are some uniforms that I think look exceptionally ugly. . . Example would be the Steeler's bumblebee uni's.  But other then that I don't really think about it a great deal.

I am kind of a fan of more classic uniforms over the modernistic looking ones.  So as far as uniforms go I think the Browns are in the top half of the league.  

I'm not really a fan of either the Jags uniforms or the Bengals. Without a doubt to me though the two worst uniforms today. But  as to past uniforms worn 2 stand out as the worst to me...The Steelers old uniforms that made them like a bunch of giant bumble bees and then the Dolphins neon orange uniforms, Those uniforms were a shock to the system and hard on the eyes a bit. Vikings uniforms today are ugly to.

My favorite uniform was the Bucs uniforms they wore just a few years ago with the red and black. Colts uniforms are traditional but bland and boring to look at

This boils down to what you like.  That's the beauty.  It's completely opinion-based, and nobody can tell you you're wrong.

I Like: Simple, classic Colts all-white uniforms.

I Dislike:  All the bright neon new uniforms (Seattle, Carolina, Oregon University, etc.) and uniforms with too many colors (Pats, Bengals, Giants, Chargers)

16 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This boils down to what you like.  That's the beauty.  It's completely opinion-based, and nobody can tell you you're wrong.

I Like: Simple, classic Colts all-white uniforms.

I Dislike:  All the bright neon new uniforms (Seattle, Carolina, Oregon University, etc.) and uniforms with too many colors (Pats, Bengals, Giants, Chargers)

You're wrong.

(had to since you told me I couldn't.)

1 minute ago, schwamm said:

You're wrong.

(had to since you told me I couldn't.)

You're right.  I secretly like the all-blue unis that were a throwback to the 20s.

But those are still simple and classic, so I'm not wrong!

You also need to post your favorite uniforms so I can tell you you're wrong. 

:hat::clover: 

I'm a sucker for the Colts' home blues.

I have moments when I think I really like the Seahawks' pizzazz, but I can't help thinking in a few years those unis will look as tired and dated as the old peach Bucs  unis...

But I could be wrong... 

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You're right.  I secretly like the all-blue unis that were a throwback to the 20s.

But those are still simple and classic, so I'm not wrong!

You also need to post your favorite uniforms so I can tell you you're wrong. 

:hat::clover: 

Just now, schwamm said:

I'm a sucker for the Colts' home blues.

I have moments when I think I really like the Seahawks' pizzazz, but I can't help thinking in a few years those unis will look as tired and dated as the old peach Bucs  unis...

But I could be wrong... 

YES.  I also liked the neon green unis when Seattle burst onto the scene.  I even liked the unis Oregon came out with every year while they were "speed central" in the college game.  They had some good, creative unis.

But it always comes back to the classics.  Plain, simple, classic ole' white unis really does it for me.  And as much as I hate the neons and the pastels, the old "powder blues" Charger unis is just bliss.

But when I'm playing Madden, I dress my Colts in all white unis.  That's how I know who's really playing.  Is your jersey dirty?  No?  Why not?