SilentHill

2016 Fantasy Football Leagues

194 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

So just so we are clear, you people voting for the WR/RB/TE flex, is that ONE position WR/RB/TE? or two RB/WR/TE or what combination?

 

Right now we have WR/TE and WR/RB as the two flex positions.

I personally would like both flex spots to be able to include the 3 positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

So just so we are clear, you people voting for the WR/RB/TE flex, is that ONE position WR/RB/TE? or two RB/WR/TE or what combination?

 

Right now we have WR/TE and WR/RB as the two flex positions.

I think having the flex position just take the place of the TE position would give all owners an equal chance. As an average using your choice between a RB or a WR would give you more points in the long run. It would also help with having another choice during the bye weeks if we only have a position limited to the TE position. With only a couple of TEs in the league that score like a WR or RB if you don't have one of those TEs it is almost a dead roster spot. Having one flex position to cover either TEs, RBs and WRs would help with the limited bench spots also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. 2 Keepers

2. No points for return yards

3. 5 Bench positions

4. 1 Flex = WR/RB/TE

5. Agreed, 6 vs 1

6. 90 sec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think having the flex position just take the place of the TE position would give all owners an equal chance. As an average using your choice between a RB or a WR would give you more points in the long run. It would also help with having another choice during the bye weeks if we only have a position limited to the TE position. With only a couple of TEs in the league that score like a WR or RB if you don't have one of those TEs it is almost a dead roster spot. Having one flex position to cover either TEs, RBs and WRs would help with the limited bench spots also.

 

I just don't like the idea of being able to start 4 RB's on gameday.

 

Last season we voted to make the TE position a flex position that included a WR.

 

So we have a WR/TE position

and the standard flex position of WR/RB

 

I'm unclear what people are voting for. We need to standardize a voting mechanism or the results will be to far out there.

 

Let's try to follow this:

 

Change WR/RB flex to WR/RB/TE?

Change WR/TE flex to WR/RB/TE?

 

Here's my updated votes:

 

1. Keepers for next season? 1, 2, 3+? - None

2. Individual Player Points for KO /RT yards? 1pts per 50? - Indifferent

3. We already have 1 IR position, keep bench at 6, or 5? or 4? - No Change

4. Change WR/RB flex to WR/RB/TE? - No

5. Change WR/TE flex to WR/RB/TE? - No

5. Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 if applicable? - Yes

6. Time per draft pick change from 90 sec to 60 sec? - Indifferent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SilentHill said:

 

I just don't like the idea of being able to start 4 RB's on gameday.

 

Last season we voted to make the TE position a flex position that included a WR.

 

So we have a WR/TE position

and the standard flex position of WR/RB

 

I'm unclear what people are voting for. We need to standardize a voting mechanism or the results will be to far out there.

 

Let's try to follow this:

 

Change WR/RB flex to WR/RB/TE?

Change WR/TE flex to WR/RB/TE?

 

Here's my updated votes:

 

1. Keepers for next season? 1, 2, 3+? - None

2. Individual Player Points for KO /RT yards? 1pts per 50? - Indifferent

3. We already have 1 IR position, keep bench at 6, or 5? or 4? - No Change

4. Change WR/RB flex to WR/RB/TE? - No

5. Change WR/TE flex to WR/RB/TE? - No

5. Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 if applicable? - Yes

6. Time per draft pick change from 90 sec to 60 sec? - Indifferent

 

The problem with turning the TE position into a flex position for WR/RB, makes the drafting a TE less important, takes away from having to strategize, and just allow people to stack up on WR's.  TE should be a sole position IMO, and if you absolutely need to, add another WR/RB position.

 

I vote like you.  No on both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm keeping track of the voting in a spreadsheet, the only thing that is definitely approved for change already is playoff seeding #1 vs #6 with 7/12 voting yes (the majority)

 

Get your votes in ASAP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Keepers for next season? 1, 2, 3+? - None (mind changed)

2. Individual Player Points for KO /RT yards? 1pts per 50? - No points for return yards.

3. We already have 1 IR position, keep bench at 6, or 5? or 4? - 5

4. Change WR/RB flex to WR/RB/TE? - Yes

5. Change WR/TE flex to WR/RB/TE? - No. Drop this flex altogether. TE only.

5. Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 if applicable? - Yes

6. Time per draft pick change from 90 sec to 60 sec? - 90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, buccolts said:

1. Keepers for next season? 1, 2, 3+? - None (mind changed)

2. Individual Player Points for KO /RT yards? 1pts per 50? - No points for return yards.

3. We already have 1 IR position, keep bench at 6, or 5? or 4? - 5

4. Change WR/RB flex to WR/RB/TE? - Yes

5. Change WR/TE flex to WR/RB/TE? - No. Drop this flex altogether. TE only.

5. Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 if applicable? - Yes

6. Time per draft pick change from 90 sec to 60 sec? - 90

Just curious, with about 5 viable TE in the NFL for Fantasy purposes, why make two TE slots? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Keepers for next season? 1, 2, 3+? - 2

2. Individual Player Points for KO /RT yards? 1pts per 50? - Yes

3. We already have 1 IR position, keep bench at 6, or 5? or 4? - No Change

4. Change WR/RB flex to WR/RB/TE? - No

5. Change WR/TE flex to WR/RB/TE? - No

5. Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 if applicable? - Yes

6. Time per draft pick change from 90 sec to 60 sec? - 90 sec is fine, typically not utilized by most of us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Just curious, with about 5 viable TE in the NFL for Fantasy purposes, why make two TE slots? lol

 

For #2, I would suggest adding the points to Def/ST rather than individual players. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

 

For #2, I would suggest adding the points to Def/ST rather than individual players. 

 

We already do that :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilentHill said:

 

We already do that :)

So theoretically if a person had the defense and the player, they would be getting double points for the same play?

 

I really don't agree with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Narcosys said:

So theoretically if a person had the defense and the player, they would be getting double points for the same play?

 

I really don't agree with that.

 

That's why we are voting!

 

I personally don't care. 1 pts for 50 return yards is just not that much, and with the new rules for kickoff I doubt it will seriously effect anything, however it's a 3 for and 3 against with 2 indifferent.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilentHill said:

 

That's why we are voting!

 

I personally don't care. 1 pts for 50 return yards is just not that much, and with the new rules for kickoff I doubt it will seriously effect anything, however it's a 3 for and 3 against with 2 indifferent.

But is it including Punt Return yards as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilentHill said:

Just curious, with about 5 viable TE in the NFL for Fantasy purposes, why make two TE slots? lol

 

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it'd only be one TE spot with the ability to play 2 if need be/want to.

Someone could take a chance on a rookie TE as a back up. The guy stars, and it's warranted to play 2 TEs on some weeks(?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Narcosys said:

But is it including Punt Return yards as well?

 

Yes, all return yards, at 1 point per 50 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilentHill said:

 

Yes, all return yards, at 1 point per 50 yards.

So punt points will still be wroth double.  2 points for 50 yards.  May not seem much, but ive lost by less margins than that lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

So punt points will still be wroth double.  2 points for 50 yards.  May not seem much, but ive lost by less margins than that lol.

 

It will be worth double only if you have the D/ST AND the player. Otherwise, it is just 1 point per 50 yards if you have one of them - the D/ST or the player. If you have Seahawks and Tyler Lockett, you can score big if he takes a 80 yarder back for a TD (punt or kickoff, does not matter) - 6 for D/ST TD, 6 for player TD, 1.6 pts for his 80 yards, 1.6 pts for Seahawks thus giving you 15.2 pts with one TD.

 

However, if you have only Tyler Lockett, you get 7.6 pts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

 

It will be worth double only if you have the D/ST AND the player. Otherwise, it is just 1 point per 50 yards if you have one of them - the D/ST or the player. If you have Seahawks and Tyler Lockett, you can score big if he takes a 80 yarder back for a TD - 6 for D/ST TD, 6 for player TD, 1.6 pts for his 80 yards, 1.6 pts for Seahawks thus giving you 15.2 pts with one TD.

 

However, if you have only Tylet Lockett, you get 7.6 pts

 

Ya, and that's a strategy to take advantage of and get double points for one play.  I just don't think that is fair. but that's just my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chad72 said:

1. Keepers for next season? 1, 2, 3+? - 2

2. Individual Player Points for KO /RT yards? 1pts per 50? - Yes

3. We already have 1 IR position, keep bench at 6, or 5? or 4? - No Change

4. Change WR/RB flex to WR/RB/TE? - No

5. Change WR/TE flex to WR/RB/TE? - No

5. Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 if applicable? - Yes

6. Time per draft pick change from 90 sec to 60 sec? - 90 sec is fine, typically not utilized by most of us

My vote is exactly this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

 

Ya, and that's a strategy to take advantage of and get double points for one play.  I just don't think that is fair. but that's just my opinion. 

 

You were getting 12 pts for it anyways without the return yards points - 6 for D/ST and 6 for player for return TD if you had them both. That is my understanding, without any rule changes. Commish, correct me if I am wrong with this part.

 

The only difference it makes is the 1.6 pts augmented if one gets 80 return yards. It is doubled, if you are strategic in having both the D/ST and the player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing we should discuss, if we add keepers, is what draft rounds do you lose by keeping the players.

 

Let's say I draft two sleepers in rounds 7 and 8 who breakout and I keep them next year. Do I lose my picks in rounds 7 and 8, or in rounds 1 and 2?

 

If I lose my first two picks then I prefer a fresh start every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

Another thing we should discuss, if we add keepers, is what draft rounds do you lose by keeping the players.

 

Let's say I draft two sleepers in rounds 7 and 8 who breakout and I keep them next year. Do I lose my picks in rounds 7 and 8, or in rounds 1 and 2?

 

If I lose my first two picks then I prefer a fresh start every year.

 

We could go based on the overall rankings of nfl.com (our draft site) and determine it then.

 

Let's say someone keeps Blake Bortles this year, they got him on waivers or draft, whatever. If he is ranked (say) 36 this year, that pegs him at round 3 value in a 12 person draft. So, if you have him as a keeper, you lose your 3rd round pick. Of course, we may have to do rounding if he is ranked at 30, which would mean 2.5 and a round 3 pick.

 

To me, that is the best way to judge a keeper's value. While a ranking (36 or 32) may differ from one site to another, the only objective way to determine his value is the ranking on the site you are drafting which forces everyone to play by the same rules, IMO :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

You were getting 12 pts for it anyways without the return yards points - 6 for D/ST and 6 for player for return TD if you had them both. That is my understanding, without any rule changes. Commish, correct me if I am wrong with this part.

 

The only difference it makes is the 1.6 pts augmented if one gets 80 return yards. It is doubled, if you are strategic in having both the D/ST and the player. 

Nope.  A TD on KO and PR do not count towards individual player points.  No players are recognized if they are on ST, it just gets totaled into the D/ST.  You can make the change in the rules to give the individual player the points.  But if its anything like ESPN, it has to be a rule you change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Nope.  A TD on KO and PR do not count towards individual player points.  No players are recognized if they are on ST, it just gets totaled into the D/ST.  You can make the change in the rules to give the individual player the points.  But if its anything like ESPN, it has to be a rule you change.

 

OK then.

 

It is still a small amount of points. With fewer and fewer returns with more touch backs plus different players doing KR and PR, it is still like throwing a dart on a wall as to when the return yards are going to come for a particular player.  

 

100 return yards for a player is matched with 20 yards by an RB or WR. That is why I don't see a big deal in the long scheme of things. While the return yards can be a small bonus, it is not something that can be counted on and it will still be your big guns on the roster that will win it for you. That is my point :) and that is why I don't mind it being added. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

Another thing we should discuss, if we add keepers, is what draft rounds do you lose by keeping the players.

 

Let's say I draft two sleepers in rounds 7 and 8 who breakout and I keep them next year. Do I lose my picks in rounds 7 and 8, or in rounds 1 and 2?

 

If I lose my first two picks then I prefer a fresh start every year.

 

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

We could go based on the overall rankings of nfl.com (our draft site) and determine it then.

 

Let's say someone keeps Blake Bortles this year, they got him on waivers or draft, whatever. If he is ranked (say) 36 this year, that pegs him at round 3 value in a 12 person draft. So, if you have him as a keeper, you lose your 3rd round pick. Of course, we may have to do rounding if he is ranked at 30, which would mean 2.5 and a round 3 pick.

 

To me, that is the best way to judge a keeper's value. While a ranking (36 or 32) may differ from one site to another, the only objective way to determine his value is the ranking on the site you are drafting which forces everyone to play by the same rules, IMO :)

 

 

Ive seen most, though I haven't been a part of (just reading), you go by what chad72 said.  However, there are penalties for keeping them multiple years in a row.  The cost continues to rise.  Essentially the "Keeper" is franchise tagged.

 

Another popular one is to just go by their initial draft position.  So a player drafted in the 5th round this year will cost a 4th round next year.  This rewards owners to draft well or hit big in the late rounds.

 

Also to prevent Tanking, I just read something that was interesting.

The bottom 3 teams (out of 12) get 'penalized' for their positions.  So instead of snake drafting 12 - 1, you snake draft 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 12, 11, 10, 3, 2, 1.

 

This makes those teams remain competitive and not forget to change their rosters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SilentHill 

 

So I just got BIG into creating trophies for my PPR league (42 to be exact, 30 I have to assign).  Is there similar things in this league, funny ones and such?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

 

Also to prevent Tanking, I just read something that was interesting.

The bottom 3 teams (out of 12) get 'penalized' for their positions.  So instead of snake drafting 12 - 1, you snake draft 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 12, 11, 10, 3, 2, 1.

 

This makes those teams remain competitive and not forget to change their rosters.

 

The Elite league's way of preventing tanking is ask the bottom 2 to go to the Average Joe's league :thmup:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

 

The Elite league's way of preventing tanking is ask the bottom 2 to go to the Average Joe's league :thmup:

 

I read about a Survivor league.  If you have plenty of people who want to join this will work.  But basically the last place person is banned the next year from playing in the league lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

Another thing we should discuss, if we add keepers, is what draft rounds do you lose by keeping the players.

 

Let's say I draft two sleepers in rounds 7 and 8 who breakout and I keep them next year. Do I lose my picks in rounds 7 and 8, or in rounds 1 and 2?

 

If I lose my first two picks then I prefer a fresh start every year.

 

Let's discuss keepers after the voting, currently Keepers are losing, 4 - No to 3 - Yes (Two indifferent)

 

However, I don't think this sleeper keeper thing would work, you could essentially build a dynasty by guessing right in the late rounds, while this league is awesomely competitive, I'm not sure I want to take it to another level.

 

Re-ranking them after the season would be hard to, Like @chad72 said. Because we have QB's at 6 pts for passing touchdown QB's have higher value in our league than in regular nfl.com standings.

 

If you are new to the league this season, make sure you look over the scoring settings, not all of them are standard.

 

Scoring Settings

Offense
  • Passing Yards:
    1 point per 25 yards
  • Passing Touchdowns:
    6 points
  • Interceptions Thrown:
    -1 point
  • Rushing Yards:
    1 point per 10 yards
  • Rushing Touchdowns:
    6 points
  • Receiving Yards:
    1 point per 10 yards
  • Receiving Touchdowns:
    6 points
  • Fumble Recovered for TD:
    6 points
  • Fumbles Lost:
    -2 points
  • 2-Point Conversions:
    2 points
Kicking
  • PAT Made:
    1 point
  • FG Made 0-19:
    3 points
  • FG Made 20-29:
    3 points
  • FG Made 30-39:
    3 points
  • FG Made 40-49:
    4 points
  • FG Made 50+:
    5 points
Defense / Special Teams
  • Sacks:
    1 point
  • Interceptions:
    2 points
  • Fumbles Recovered:
    2 points
  • Safeties:
    2 points
  • Touchdowns:
    6 points
  • Blocked Kicks:
    2 points
  • Kickoff and Punt Return Yards:
    1 point per 50 yards
  • Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns:
    6 points
  • Points Allowed 0:
    10 points
  • Points Allowed 1-6:
    7 points
  • Points Allowed 7-13:
    4 points
  • Points Allowed 14-20:
    1 point
  • Points Allowed 21-27:
    0 points
  • Points Allowed 28-34:
    -1 point
  • Points Allowed 35+:
    -4 points
Other
  • Use Fractional Pts
    Yes
  • Use Negative Pts
    Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

 

Let's discuss keepers after the voting, currently Keepers are losing, 4 - No to 3 - Yes (Two indifferent)

 

However, I don't think this sleeper keeper thing would work, you could essentially build a dynasty by guessing right in the late rounds, while this league is awesomely competitive, I'm not sure I want to take it to another level.

 

Re-ranking them after the season would be hard to, Like @chad72 said. Because we have QB's at 6 pts for passing touchdown QB's have higher value in our league than in regular nfl.com standings.

 

If you are new to the league this season, make sure you look over the scoring settings, not all of them are standard.

 

 

 

As I mentioned above, you could just essentially make them cost 1 round above what they were drafted.  And continue to go up each year they are kept.  Drafted 5th, 1st year keeper cost you a 4th, 2nd year keeper cost you a 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

 

 

As I mentioned above, you could just essentially make them cost 1 round above what they were drafted.  And continue to go up each year they are kept.  Drafted 5th, 1st year keeper cost you a 4th, 2nd year keeper cost you a 3rd.

 

At this point I'm just hoping keepers don't happen, lol.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

@SilentHill 

 

So I just got BIG into creating trophies for my PPR league (42 to be exact, 30 I have to assign).  Is there similar things in this league, funny ones and such?

 

It looks like I can create custom trophies, but they have to be assigned to a team? What good is that? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

 

It looks like I can create custom trophies, but they have to be assigned to a team? What good is that? lol

 

They are fun.  Like the Peyton manning award I created.  You win your division but go one and done in the playoffs.

 

Or the Phoenix award, for the best season to season turn around.

 

There can be weekly where you go in and assign, or award, them to a team.  Or seasonal ones. 

 

A weekly one I have is the Al Bundy.  Goes to a QB that scored 4 TDs in a game.

 

Its also all about the photo you assign to the trophy that makes it funny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

OK then.

 

It is still a small amount of points. With fewer and fewer returns with more touch backs plus different players doing KR and PR, it is still like throwing a dart on a wall as to when the return yards are going to come for a particular player.  

 

100 return yards for a player is matched with 20 yards by an RB or WR. That is why I don't see a big deal in the long scheme of things. While the return yards can be a small bonus, it is not something that can be counted on and it will still be your big guns on the roster that will win it for you. That is my point :) and that is why I don't mind it being added. 

 

I totally get that. Im just against any scenario (beyond fantasy football), where you get double credit for doing half the work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated: 

 

1. Keepers for next season? 1, 2, 3+? - No for this league, but I would be interested if someone else wanted to start one.

2. Individual Player Points for KO /RT yards? 1pts per 50? - No, would the player get 6 for a TD?

3. We already have 1 IR position, keep bench at 6, or 5? or 4? - Keep at 6

4. Change WR/RB flex to WR/RB/TE? - No

5. Change WR/TE flex to WR/RB/TE? - No

5. Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 if applicable? - Yes

6. Time per draft pick change from 90 sec to 60 sec? - 90 sec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spoonfish said:

Updated: 

 

1. Keepers for next season? 1, 2, 3+? - No for this league, but I would be interested if someone else wanted to start one.

2. Individual Player Points for KO /RT yards? 1pts per 50? - No, would the player get 6 for a TD?

3. We already have 1 IR position, keep bench at 6, or 5? or 4? - Keep at 6

4. Change WR/RB flex to WR/RB/TE? - No

5. Change WR/TE flex to WR/RB/TE? - No

5. Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 if applicable? - Yes

6. Time per draft pick change from 90 sec to 60 sec? - 90 sec

 

Individual players DO NOT get 6pts for a return TD.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Keepers for next season? 1, 2, 3+? - None

2. Individual Player Points for KO /RT yards? 1pts per 50? No

3. We already have 1 IR position, keep bench at 6, or 5? or 4? Keep bench at 6.

4. Flex stay at WR/RB and WR/TE or change to WR/RB/TE? Just make it WR/RB/TE

5. Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 if applicable? Yes

6. Time per draft pick change from 90 sec to 60 sec? 90 sec.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SilentHill said:

 

Individual players DO NOT get 6pts for a return TD.

 

 

Based on what I am seeing, all our previous year settings are likely to be intact except for the close call with keepers. I would be just fine without keepers as well. New year, new players, new draft strategies, have been a bigger fan of fresh draft than keepers. But once I am comfortable with participating year after year in a particular league, that is when I am fine with keepers.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

1. Keepers for next season? 1, 2, 3+? - None

2. Individual Player Points for KO /RT yards? 1pts per 50? No

3. We already have 1 IR position, keep bench at 6, or 5? or 4? Keep bench at 6.

4. Flex stay at WR/RB and WR/TE or change to WR/RB/TE? Just make it WR/RB/TE

5. Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 if applicable? Yes

6. Time per draft pick change from 90 sec to 60 sec? 90 sec.

 

Can you please answer these instead of #4?

 

4. Change WR/RB flex to WR/RB/TE?

5. Change WR/TE flex to WR/RB/TE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.