Posted Images

On 8/3/2016 at 6:20 PM, crazycolt1 said:

1- keepers-2

2- ko/return yds-no

3- IR position-1 (only with a player listed on IR by the NFL)  Bench- 5

4- flex- rb/wr/te

5- playoff seeding-1 vs 6

6- 60 sec. draft

Can you please answer these instead of #4?

4. Change WR/RB flex to WR/RB/TE?

5. Change WR/TE flex to WR/RB/TE?

Just waiting on @HOFClipboardHolder & @Rich Cannon for votes!

1. Keepers for next season? 1, 2, 3+?

2. Individual Player Points for KO /RT yards? 1pts per 50?

3. Keep bench at 6, or change to 5? or 4?

5. Change WR/TE flex to WR/RB/TE?

5. Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 if applicable?

6. Time per draft pick change from 90 sec to 60 sec?

In terms of keepers let me say that I don't like keepers in this league.  

I think any league with turnover in the people who are playing shouldn't have keepers.  The new guys usually take over teams that have nobody on the team worth keeping.  This gives players who have been in the league an advantage over new players.  

Also if we do have keepers they need to take away your first picks, not the original picks.  If you took a flyer out on a rookie last year and he turned out really well and we only take the original pick then you set yourself up at a huge advantage instead of just a slight advantage.

Keepers give teams an advantage this year based on what they did last year.  Which might be fine if we where all in the league last year.  But a lot of us where not in the league last year. 

Also these rules change every year.  I remember my last 2 years with Joes league, my first year in they do keepers and then the next year it was no keepers.  I'd prefer to just flat out say no keepers and keep it that way long term so that we know that players injured for the season arn't worth saving.

But since I didn't know this year I had the IR spot and a bench spot filled up by a guy gone for the season.

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Based on what I am seeing, all our previous year settings are likely to be intact except for the close call with keepers. I would be just fine without keepers as well. New year, new players, new draft strategies, have been a bigger fan of fresh draft than keepers. But once I am comfortable with participating year after year in a particular league, that is when I am fine with keepers.

So far it looks like keepers are dead, we have 6 No 3 Yes (2 keepers) and 1 Indifferent, would probably take a miracle.

Individual player return yards is currently 5 No, 3 Yes, 2 Indifferent

Bench is currently 7 for 6 spots, which is the majority so that Is a done deal.

Playoff Seeding is 10 yes, so that is a done deal.

Time per draft pick is 6 for 90 1 for 60 3 indifferent, I'd say that is pretty much a done deal.

The flex situation is kind of a mess, 5 for No change and then two for change, and 2 I'm not sure.

5 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

So far it looks like keepers are dead, we have 6 No 3 Yes (2 keepers) and 1 Indifferent, would probably take a miracle.

Time per draft pick is 6 for 90 1 for 60 3 indifferent, I'd say that is pretty much a done deal.

The flex situation is kind of a mess, 5 for No change and then two for change, and 2 I'm not sure.

The "I'm not Sure" and "Indifferent" crowd should technically be removed from the baseline and thus revise the baseline.

For example - Individual return yards - if the baseline was 12 teams, 5 No, 3 Yes, 2 indifferent makes it 10 as the new baseline and you would need 6 for a simple majority out of 10. If you get only 10 participating, the baseline becomes 10 - 2 = 8. So 5 out of 8 is still a simple majority. No election or votes in reality get 100% participation, so this should help. Just my two cents. :)

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The "I'm not Sure" and "Indifferent" crowd should technically be removed from the baseline and thus revise the baseline.

For example - Individual return yards - if the baseline was 12 teams, 5 No, 3 Yes, 2 indifferent makes it 10 as the new baseline and you would need 6 for a simple majority out of 10. If you get only 10 participating, the baseline becomes 10 - 2 = 8. So 5 out of 8 is still a simple majority. Just my two cents. :)

Yes that is how I'm doing it, but as long as we are still collecting votes I'm accounting for people changing their mind. Once we get the final votes in I'll evaluate as indifferent votes counting as both yes and no.

5 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Change WR/TE flex to WR/RB/TE flex. Sorry I wasn't clear. Whatever you guys want it don't really matter cause we will have the same spots to deal with.

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Change WR/TE flex to WR/RB/TE flex. Sorry I wasn't clear. Whatever you guys want it don't really matter cause we will have the same spots to deal with.

Not necessarily.   By opening the TE position to being flex, you really don't have to draft a TE at all.

5 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Not necessarily.   By opening the TE position to being flex, you really don't have to draft a TE at all.

Exactly. With 12 owners the TE position would only help maybe 5 of those owners. The total points for the TE position is still lower than the WRs positions till after the 2nd or 3rd round and even later rounds. Even Gronk numbers don't match the top 10 or so WR positions from there. Then after the top 3 TEs it drops off big time. After the top 3 or 4 TEs are drafted the TE position is close to a dead spot in your roster. Those TEs score on an average of a 3rd WR for most teams. Even kickers on an average score more than the TEs at the middle or lower sections of the position. IMO it would be more competition for the TEs to be treated just like any other receivers. I even look for Gronks totals to go down a little with the addition of Bennett for the Patriots for an example. Your thoughts?

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Exactly. With 12 owners the TE position would only help maybe 5 of those owners. The total points for the TE position is still lower than the WRs positions till after the 2nd or 3rd round and even later rounds. Even Gronk numbers don't match the top 10 or so WR positions from there. Then after the top 3 TEs it drops off big time. After the top 3 or 4 TEs are drafted the TE position is close to a dead spot in your roster. Those TEs score on an average of a 3rd WR for most teams. Even kickers on an average score more than the TEs at the middle or lower sections of the position. IMO it would be more competition for the TEs to be treated just like any other receivers. I even look for Gronks totals to go down a little with the addition of Bennett for the Patriots for an example. Your thoughts?

Its not about helping everyone.  Its about strategizing your draft picks.  Its take the planning and strategizing out of it.  If a big concern is where it pick your TE, and you take that concern away, now you see a bunch of RB and WRs go.  But because there are so many of those, its not as worrisome.

I don't disagree with your point assessments, but to me that is just more alluring for the challenge and fun of drafting.

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Its not about helping everyone.  Its about strategizing your draft picks.  Its take the planning and strategizing out of it.  If a big concern is where it pick your TE, and you take that concern away, now you see a bunch of RB and WRs go.  But because there are so many of those, its not as worrisome.

I don't disagree with your point assessments, but to me that is just more alluring for the challenge and fun of drafting.

I understand that but with the limited bench spots having 2 TEs on your roster (covering a bye week) does make that position even more of a dead spot. But it all works the same no matter what changes if any comes into play. It sure will be an interesting draft especially with the keeper factor playing into it.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I understand that but with the limited bench spots having 2 TEs on your roster (covering a bye week) does make that position even more of a dead spot. But it all works the same no matter what changes if any comes into play. It sure will be an interesting draft especially with the keeper factor playing into it.

I thought that didn't have enough votes?

15 hours ago, SilentHill said:

I think it should take a super majority vote to change league rules.  Its kind of like our Constitution you know.  If 6 do and 6 don't, ya that's  50%, but you have just as many who don't.  Even 7/12 doesn't seem like enough.  I would say you should need 9/12 to make a rule change.  But you are the Commish!

4 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I thought that didn't have enough votes?

I am not sure. I haven't been keeping tabs on all the voting. I will just wait till the final rules and settings and just deal with it like everyone else. It's not a big issue to me, just a train of thought.

1. Keepers for next season? none

2. Individual Player Points for KO /RT yards? 1pts per 50? don't care

3. We already have 1 IR position, keep bench at 6, or 5? or 4? 6

4. Flex stay at WR/RB and WR/TE or change to WR/RB/TE? wr/rb/te

5. Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 if applicable? fine as is

6. Time per draft pick change from 90 sec to 60 sec? 60 seconds

14 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I think it should take a super majority vote to change league rules.  Its kind of like our Constitution you know.  If 6 do and 6 don't, ya that's  50%, but you have just as many who don't.  Even 7/12 doesn't seem like enough.  I would say you should need 9/12 to make a rule change.  But you are the Commish!

7/12 should be enough in most worlds except Narcosys world :) (and FF voting is not like voting for our constitution :thmup:)

If people truly care, do not answer "I don't care or Indifferent". Just my two cents. 

I am with the commish for the simple majority, don't see the need to complicate it.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

7/12 should be enough in most worlds except Narcosys world :) (and FF voting is not like voting for our constitution :thmup:)

If people truly care, do not answer "I don't care or Indifferent". Just my two cents. 

I just think you should need a super majority to make significant rule changes like this.  It cant be something that almost half the people don't want.

In much more serious leagues, their FF rules are like Commandments.

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I just think you should need a super majority to make significant rule changes like this.  It cant be something that almost half the people don't want.

This is a Colts fantasy league. Not a money league and not really that serious.

15 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What's fair?  It don't make any difference what the rules or settings are when everyone has the same ones to follow. I don't quite get what you mean and how it relates.

So you think it's fair to those that don't want to change the rules even when it's split 50/50, or even 58/42? 

One isn't majority and the other barely is.  Just cause the rules are the same for everyone means nothing when half the people don't want to play by those rules. 

That's why I said a super ensures that mostly everyone is playing in a league they want to play in.  If people tend to stay in these leagues for years,  it should a difficult process to change the rules. 

2 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

So you think it's fair to those that don't want to change the rules even when it's split 50/50, or even 58/42? 

One isn't majority and the other barely is.  Just cause the rules are the same for everyone means nothing when half the people don't want to play by those rules. 

That's why I said a super ensures that mostly everyone is playing in a league they want to play in.  If people tend to stay in these leagues for years,  it should a difficult process to change the rules. 

Majority is majority. Not barely majority. It makes no difference what the rules and settings are everyone plays by them regardless no matter if they like them or not. Speaking of changing the rules this was a keeper league when it started. That is one of the reasons I started in the first place. I am not crying because it changed and will accept what is voted on without whining. If rules are changed with a vote of 7-5 that is majority to me. If there are players who don't want to play because of majority changes let them walk. Fairness has zero to do with it. Not everyone including me or you are going to be happy with every thing because we have a different point of view and different reasons. A 12 owner league is a tough league to play in and I am looking forward to this up coming season. I just think you are over thinking this whole thing. It's suppose to be fun, not one big disagreement. Silent Hill will do a fine job as commish and I have no complaints however things turn out.

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Majority is majority. Not barely majority. It makes no difference what the rules and settings are everyone plays by them regardless no matter if they like them or not. Speaking of changing the rules this was a keeper league when it started. That is one of the reasons I started in the first place. I am not crying because it changed and will accept what is voted on without whining. If rules are changed with a vote of 7-5 that is majority to me. If there are players who don't want to play because of majority changes let them walk. Fairness has zero to do with it. Not everyone including me or you are going to be happy with every thing because we have a different point of view and different reasons. A 12 owner league is a tough league to play in and I am looking forward to this up coming season. I just think you are over thinking this whole thing. It's suppose to be fun, not one big disagreement. Silent Hill will do a fine job as commish and I have no complaints however things turn out.

Dang, someone needs to calm down. 

I know what a majority is, that's why I said super-majority.  It is going to be fun,  and having respectful disagreements is a part of it. You can call it over thinking or whatever you want,  I consider it throwing out ideas and having a discussion about rules and ideas.  Idc what is decided either way,  but if you question me about my opinions or just try to throw out a 'that's just how is going to be' kind of statement, then I'm going to stand by and explain/defend my stance and not accept that's just how it is without having a conversation about it first. 

On 8/6/2016 at 5:41 PM, Narcosys said:

Like someone said, this is not a money league. Just because you say the same thing over and over again and several times does not make your opinion more valuable/convincing than the others. It is still 1 opinion and we know where you stand. Everyone wants to be heard, and trust me, you have been heard, loud and clear.

I hope you realize you are the one over analyzing and over complicating it more than everyone else. If you don't or can't see it, I will just agree to disagree on what is fair and what is not. 

4 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Dang, someone needs to calm down. 

I know what a majority is, that's why I said super-majority.  It is going to be fun,  and having respectful disagreements is a part of it. You can call it over thinking or whatever you want,  I consider it throwing out ideas and having a discussion about rules and ideas.  Idc what is decided either way,  but if you question me about my opinions or just try to throw out a 'that's just how is going to be' kind of statement, then I'm going to stand by and explain/defend my stance and not accept that's just how it is without having a conversation about it first. 

Nobody is questioning your opinion on anything. Opinions are just what they are. Rules and setting are cut and dried and there is no debate on the way things are going to be according to how things are voted. That's the bottom line. Silent hill put out what was in question and I think we all said our peace. We will all play under the same set of rules and settings so fairness does not enter the picture IMO. There is no need to calm down because I am not upset about anything. What good would that do? None. Good luck on your draft and lets have a little fun with it.

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What's fair?  It don't make any difference what the rules or settings are when everyone has the same ones to follow. I don't quite get what you mean and how it relates.

This is what I meant by questioning. That's all. 

Want trying to stir things up.

On 8/6/2016 at 11:22 AM, HOFClipboardHolder said:

1. Keepers for next season? none

2. Individual Player Points for KO /RT yards? 1pts per 50? don't care

3. We already have 1 IR position, keep bench at 6, or 5? or 4? 6

4. Flex stay at WR/RB and WR/TE or change to WR/RB/TE? wr/rb/te

5. Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 if applicable? fine as is

6. Time per draft pick change from 90 sec to 60 sec? 60 seconds

I think the simple majority is fine in this situation.

I'd invite anyone who wants any changes to make note and present them next season for voting, we are a little too deep into this off-season to try and get everyone together for another vote.

On a side note, this will NOT be a keeper league this season. with 7 votes for No, and it looks like almost every other change was also voted No listed below:

Individual player return yards is currently 5 No, 3 Yes, 3 Indifferent = No Change

Bench is currently 8 Yes for 6 spots, which is the majority so that Is a done deal.

Playoff Seeding is 10 yes, so that is a done deal. We will manually change it if the #6 seed advances to the 2nd round.

Time per draft pick is 6 for 90 2 for 60 3 indifferent, so it will stay at 90.

I'm still trying to gather more data on the flex situation, updates to follow.

So just so everyone can see it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yHqilNVUaZyek5M6rB5Iuv9K2W47pMZ7j7H_aCcanwc/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1768632382

This is the voting totals.

We have majorities on both flex votes to decline them, therefore they are declined.

I'm going to give until Monday August 15th for anyone to change their mind, or clarify, or vote.

Currently The only change for this season will be:

Playoff Seeding #6 vs #1 (if applicable)

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I may have missed it or can't find it, but has the draft order been set?  Looking to try out some draft strategies in some mocks, but just need to know the position I will be drafting from.

The current draft setting is: Random Snake - a snake draft order will be randomized 30 minutes prior to your draft time.