Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your take on position needs...

In my opinion, putting pressure on brady is most important. You can score all you want but brady will just keep coming back at it.

Ot is not 1st round worthy. The problem with the staff is there was a different oline variation EVERY week. They need to keep consistency because come playoff time, they did a great job with the run and pass once they kept a stable line and when they benched harrison.

Im thinking dt to plug up the run and pressure the qb was a weakness. We do need werner to step up this year too. A good dt will open up the lb pressure. I remember seeing tape on how the oline was so worried about suh that they forgot to cover the lb coming on the side.

Safety at 2nd round, de or lb at 3rd, ol, cb, and lb depth at 5th, 6th, 7th.

In my opinion, putting pressure on brady is most important. You can score all you want but brady will just keep coming back at it.

Ot is not 1st round worthy. The problem with the staff is there was a different oline variation EVERY week. They need to keep consistency because come playoff time, they did a great job with the run and pass once they kept a stable line and when they benched harrison.

Im thinking dt to plug up the run and pressure the qb was a weakness. We do need werner to step up this year too. A good dt will open up the lb pressure. I remember seeing tape on how the oline was so worried about suh that they forgot to cover the lb coming on the side.

Safety at 2nd round, de or lb at 3rd, ol, cb, and lb depth at 5th, 6th, 7th.

So it looks like you would rather just reach for someone with less skill than to take someone to protect the future, is that correct?  I agree that we need to try and stick with the same 5 guys on the line and that the lack of continuity led to some of the issues that they had, however, Gosder Cherilus has what appears to be an ongoing (degenerating?) knee injury and we have no idea if he will be able to make it all the way through the season.  On top of that, we also can save quite a bit of money next year (prior to 2016-17 season) by cutting him.  I am not saying that we should necessarily spend a first on a OT, however, you cannot completely count it out.  There is value in a RT, and by drafting one early this year (assume we draft one in the 1st), we can; a.) have a nice backup in place for worse case scenario and/or b.) have a succession plan that would allow us to save money the following year by cutting him, increasing our $ to re-sign our FA's.

Also, assingning positions to a certain round seems silly, that is not how you want to draft.  Could it work out to where you got some good players, sure, but it is also about value...you want to get the most value out of your picks, not just settle for someone who fits a perceived need.

I think DLine and Safety are at the top of the needs. And those are the choices I think we are looking at with the first round pick.

Forget TEs, the Colts defense in the middle of the field in general is terrible. We desperately need a middle of the field enforcer to not only help in the run game but cover TEs and patrol the middle of the field. Also a FS because Adams is on a 2 year deal in his 30s.

We have mediocre LBs, but that problem would be somewhat alleviated with better NT play. A got who could control the line of scrimmage would open up a lot of possibilities for the Colts defensively.

Those 2 positions could change the Colts defense dramatically

Sometimes I have to check to make sure I am in the right forum as much pro-patriot talk/appreciation/fear as there is here.

They've been beating the brakes off of us lately, so I get it. I just hope people understand that the Patriots aren't guaranteed anything either. The Colts need to improve their operation without regard for the Pats. Just do whatever you can at every stop to get better. Individual matchups will take care of themselves.

They've been beating the brakes off of us lately, so I get it. I just hope people understand that the Patriots aren't guaranteed anything either. The Colts need to improve their operation without regard for the Pats. Just do whatever you can at every stop to get better. Individual matchups will take care of themselves.

Agree 100%

Really folks, with all of the talk about the trenches.....right now......the secondary stinks.  We have three compentent CBs and 1 competent S, and he is 34 years old.

Last year, the Colts suffered from a poor pass rush, no offensive threat beyond TY, and a jumbled O line.

Since last year:

The colts signed Langford and Cole to shore up the front 7.  The Colts signed AJ, Gore, but neither are really a TD threat without the O clicking off a long drive.  Herremans was signed to help address the immediate concerns on the Oline.

The needs:

S, CB, TD threat (a WR or RB, I don't care), Depth on the DL, Depth at ILB, and Depth at OLB (not just an EDGE player)

Biggest need is O-line. Can you imagine what we'd look like if Castonzo went down? Protecting Luck and having a strong ground game will put this offense in greatest show on turf territory in terms of domination. Probably even better.

We definitely also need help at safety and could use some talent on the D-line. Cornerback depth or a long term answer is something we should be looking for too. Oh, and a running back would be nice, but I think we could find one late.