Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Superbowl Week Mock Draft (Major Trade)

In this draft, Pagano sees a guy he just has to have for his defense...

-Indy trades 2015 1st, 3rd, 2016 4th for the 17th overall pick

Round 1 Pick 17 (S.D.): Danny Shelton, DT, Washington

-I could see Pagano seeing Shelton similar to Haloti Ngata, and Montori didn't deliver here so we need our dominant DLman for the future.

Round 3 Pick 16 (K.C.): Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State

-Gives us a quality back who can shoulder the load and has great vision and hands for catching the ball

Round 4 Pick 5 (NYJ): Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville

-Gives us an underrated pass rusher to add depth with Newsome, Werner for the future.

Round 4 Pick 29: Jordan Richards, SS, Stanford

-Could possibly start day 1 at SS

Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Ladarius Gunter, CB, Miami (Fla.)

-Big physical corner at 6-2, 200 pounds and perfect for this scheme.

Round 5 Pick 29: Taiwan Jones, ILB, Michigan State

-Physical ILB who can bring more attitude to this defense.

Round 6 Pick 29: Sean Hickey, OT, Syracuse

-Depth at RT

Round 6 Pick 32: Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland

-Depth at WR

In free agency...

We sign RG Mike Iupati to shore up the right side of the OL. Indy also signs WR Jeremy Maclin at WR.

Why not just take Danny Shelton at 29? 

There's always risers and fallers in the draft. Shelton could be one. He blew everyone away during drills at the Senior Bowl but he hardly made a sound during the game. Carl Davis was the DT that really stole the show when the lights came on. That could push him up on some draft boards, and push Shelton down. Wouldn't be shocked if Shelton fell given the depth at DT this year. Jordan Phillips will probably blow the combine up as well. I think we'll have our shot at one of the prize DT's though.

The absolute last thing I want us to do in this draft is trade up. Granted, I'm still looking at guys and haven't gotten acquainted with all of the supposed top tier talent, but it feels like a draft with about 50 guys who would normally be in the 20-40 range, and no real top 20 talent.

The absolute last thing I want us to do in this draft is trade up. Granted, I'm still looking at guys and haven't gotten acquainted with all of the supposed top tier talent, but it feels like a draft with about 50 guys who would normally be in the 20-40 range, and no real top 20 talent.

I feel that with a lot of the offensive positions. Outside of Cooper, I'm not sure I see a 1st round receiver. Parker, White, etc...are all really good prospects but nothing compared to last years guys. Same at O-Line. Sherff is the real deal, and T.J. Clemmings might be too, but the other guys like Peat, Sambrailo, and even Collins now are mysteries.

I feel that with a lot of the offensive positions. Outside of Cooper, I'm not sure I see a 1st round receiver. Parker, White, etc...are all really good prospects but nothing compared to last years guys. Same at O-Line. Sherff is the real deal, and T.J. Clemmings might be too, but the other guys like Peat, Sambrailo, and even Collins now are mysteries.

I like Collins and Flowers as late first rounders. 

I just don't see anybody that we should be aching to get so badly that we move up in the first round. 

Yeah, weird draft. None of the top guys are really anything special. 

The only "special" talent in this draft is Gurley and he blew his knee out. 

Yeah, weird draft. None of the top guys are really anything special. 

The only "special" talent in this draft is Gurley and he blew his knee out. 

And is a RB.

It's kind of 2013 all over again. A lot of trench players, no special QBs or WRs, the pass rushers are questionable... I don't mind the Colts picking at #29. 

And is a RB.

It's kind of 2013 all over again. A lot of trench players, no special QBs or WRs, the pass rushers are questionable... I don't mind the Colts picking at #29. 

Only guy worth trading for would be Leonard Williams possibly but he's a top 10 lock. Mariota too if your name is Chip Kelly. Might be a good draft to trade back a few picks. But I'd take Shelton at 29.

Ok I've had some complaints as to why I had us trade up. Well here I have us trading down a few times, and yes they are all realistic trades...

Round 1 Pick 29: La'el Collins, OT, LSU
Round 3 Pick 6 (NYJ): Carl Davis, DT, Iowa
Round 3 Pick 29: Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville
Round 4 Pick 9 (NYG): Doran Grant, CB, Ohio State
Round 4 Pick 29: David Cobb, RB, Minnesota
Round 5 Pick 8 (NYG): Javorius Allen, RB, Southern California
Round 5 Pick 29: Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (Fla.)
Round 6 Pick 29: Anthony Jefferson, SS, UCLA
Round 6 Pick 32: Jake Ryan, ILB, Michigan
Round 7 Pick 28: Titus Davis, WR, Central Michigan

Free agency Colts sign S Michael Gilchrist, WR Duron Carter

Ok I've had some complaints as to why I had us trade up. Well here I have us trading down a few times, and yes they are all realistic trades...

Round 1 Pick 29: La'el Collins, OT, LSU

Round 3 Pick 6 (NYJ): Carl Davis, DT, Iowa

Round 3 Pick 29: Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville

Round 4 Pick 9 (NYG): Doran Grant, CB, Ohio State

Round 4 Pick 29: David Cobb, RB, Minnesota

Round 5 Pick 8 (NYG): Javorius Allen, RB, Southern California

Round 5 Pick 29: Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (Fla.)

Round 6 Pick 29: Anthony Jefferson, SS, UCLA

Round 6 Pick 32: Jake Ryan, ILB, Michigan

Round 7 Pick 28: Titus Davis, WR, Central Michigan

Free agency Colts sign S Michael Gilchrist, WR Duron Carter

I like that better.

I don't know about Carl Davis in the third, or Phillip Dorsett in the fifth. I get the feeling both of them will be gone by then.