Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what to do with bradshaw

I suspect we'll show some interest in him, but won't sign him for as long as humanly possible.

We'll see what we can acquire between FA and the draft.      If we can get to a comfortable spot,  then fine.    But if not, we'll try to re-sign him late in the process to see how AB's health is.....

One aspect that could compound matters,  it may take a long time to find out if Ballard will be available to us.

So, if we don't know about the status of both Bradshaw and Ballard come the spring (and we likely won't)   then we may have to go out and get a back in FA and another in the draft just to protect ourselves.

We simply may not have a choice.    We can't wait until the summer only to find out that the guys are not going to be healthy enough to really help us....

I think they let him go. He brought a lot to the table for our offense in the passing and running game and seemed to be the missing link offensively. But he can't stay healthy. I think if anything it's given the Colts an idea of what they need in terms of a RB. Someone who may night put up 122 yards a game, but can move the ball effectively on the ground and score TD's in the red-zone.

Colts need to keep Boom and draft another RB in the mid-late rounds to have a Bernard/Hill like duo in the back field. Richardson should never see another snap at RB unless it's too pass block.

If Boom continues to impress we draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th round to pair with he and T-Rich. Then we have a wild card with Ballard. We'd probably keep 4 RB's on the roster, but IMO no matter what happens Bradshaw's gone. I love 44 and I love the way he plays the game, but I just don't see any way he's back.

My idea is similar to a few posters on here. We get rid of Bradshaw, however, we trade down with our 2nd round pick, get a 3rd and 4th round pick, then use both of those picks to draft a runningback tandem such as Jay Ajayi and Jeremy Langford. We get our rbs for the future and have a solid rb tandem for Luck for the next 10 years.

It's not like he's been expensive these last two years. If we will accept another small 1 year deal, why not? Even if he plays 8 games, if he contributes to winning those games, he's worth it. Besides, a broken bone isn't a chronic injury. Still draft a running back, but I wouldn't mind bringing him back. When he plays, he's a warrior, we just need a contingency plan not named Trent Richardson.

this is the second year hes been on IR and hes a FA at the end of the year. bradshaw is a baller and Id love to see him back, but do you really wanna throw money at a 29 year old RB coming off two straight season ending injuries

The money wouldn't be a big deal. . . this year Bradshaw played for min salary which was slightly less then $1 million but because of an arrangement in the contract with the players union his salary only cost us more like $500,000 in cap space.  

I can't imagine that he'd have any ability to negotiate a better deal then that anywhere.

However one has to question if he's worth having on the roster when you know he's not gonna make it through the season.