Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign RB Davin Meggett

MTC

Haven't played one game and already four players on IR

Ballard, Fili, Morgan... Who's #4? I'm having a brain cramp. Or maybe repressed memories.

Meggett is a good, strong, back. Power runner, isn't going to break anything. Hate to say camp fodder because the way we're going he could be starting by game 1. But most likely he's the last off the bench.

Yep not a real big guy a lot like his Dad

I think the Colts need that type of back on the roster...not that Meggett is the guy who will fill that role.  Its why Ballard getting hurt wasn't that big a deal for me.  I thought he, Bradshaw and Richardson were sort of the same kind of back.  Now there is an opportunity to get more of a speed guy in the rotation.

Ballard, Fili, Morgan... Who's #4? I'm having a brain cramp. Or maybe repressed memories.

Meggett is a good, strong, back. Power runner, isn't going to break anything. Hate to say camp fodder because the way we're going he could be starting by game 1. But most likely he's the last off the bench.

Oh...if he is a power back, not a speed guy...then I retract my last post.  I thought small meant fast.  My bad.

Corey Lynch.

Rainey is the speedster. Hopefully he can also be the KR.

Yeah.  I thought he was.  Which meant the colts were likely going to keep 4 RB's on the 53 before Ballard's injury.

Based upon pagano's quotes in the Star, they'll likely keep Herron as a special teams 4th RB, to sort of back up Bradshaw/Richardson in case of injury.  That would be my guess.

We have a tendency to pick up guys who weren't good enough to ever do anything with us in the past. I get why but we already know he's nothing special.

We seem to have ex-girlfriend syndrome. She's just not good for you Grigs..

Edit- It wasn't fair of me to prejudge him, maybe he is special! Hope he is. Good luck Davin