Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I don't understand why they can't stop Russell Wilson...?

bap1331

Don't get me wrong but all you have to do is contain the sides to make sure be doesn't run to the side. If he stays in the middle, he is worthless...

A guy who is 5'10 cannot throw over 6'5 average offensive linemen. He must have Mr. Fantastic stretch arms to throw over...

I know that kaepernick is taller but since he likes to run out the pocket. The Ravens contained him most of the super bowl. So he stops running the wild cat offense this year and his offense is all of a sudden worthless. The main thing that is running the team is their monster defense and running game.

You ask me, he will get exposed this playoff season and pull an RG3 fail next season.

Yet once again proving that Andrew Luck was the best choice... Assuming he has a good offensive line...

Russell wilson is carried by a strong team...plain and simple. He's the definition of a "game manager" quarterback and when seattle gets into a shootout with top dogs this is revealed. This is the main reason they will never reach the superbowl, because he cannot carry a team, when the pressure is placed squarely on his shoulders. The same thing can be said about KC and alex smith as well. I don't fear neither of these teams and i hope we draw them in the playoffs and perhaps the superbowl.

Don't get me wrong but all you have to do is contain the sides to make sure be doesn't run to the side. If he stays in the middle, he is worthless...

A guy who is 5'10 cannot throw over 6'5 average offensive linemen. He must have Mr. Fantastic stretch arms to throw over...

I know that kaepernick is taller but since he likes to run out the pocket. The Ravens contained him most of the super bowl. So he stops running the wild cat offense this year and his offense is all of a sudden worthless. The main thing that is running the team is their monster defense and running game.

You ask me, he will get exposed this playoff season and pull an RG3 fail next season.

Yet once again proving that Andrew Luck was the best choice... Assuming he has a good offensive line...

If only the QB position was based on size and not skill. If you have watched Wilson he may be the most cerebral young QB out there along with Luck. He knows how to move and a get a lane so he can throw and while he may have a great defense, his offense has not been great this year and yet he has 10 wins.

It helps when you have a cupcake schedule and barely play any good teams all year long.

The most overrated winning quarterback in the league today.

Don't worry, he won't be going far. One and done in the playoffs. They are this year's Atlanta. Cupcake schedule and barely beating teams below .500. If this was in New Orleans the Saints would drop 40 on them.

1. Height is not an issue because according to him, he throws through lanes, not over his linemen.  It's an ideal/theoretical statement that may not always work given how NFL games go, but that his reasoning.

2. He has a very strong team around him.  He has a top 5 RB, one of the league's better OLs, and arguably the league's best defense.  If/when Harvin becomes healthy, he can be a top 10 WR in the league as well.  So he will have a running back, wide receiver, offensive line, and defense that are all part of the league's elite.

3. He is a very accurate passer.  He has good vision to see what's going on downfield and has the ability to scramble for some yards too.  Yes, he has a lot of talent around him, but don't discredit him.  He is a good player. 

Russell wilson is carried by a strong team...plain and simple. He's the definition of a "game manager" quarterback and when seattle gets into a shootout with top dogs this is revealed. This is the main reason they will never reach the superbowl, because he cannot carry a team, when the pressure is placed squarely on his shoulders. The same thing can be said about KC and alex smith as well. I don't fear neither of these teams and i hope we draw them in the playoffs and perhaps the superbowl.

Be careful what you wish for. :)

I guess time will tell.  :)

They can't stop him because he is a good player who also happens to be on a good team. No need to discredit the guy.

I like Russell and he'd be good enough to have your lame *beep* team in the thick of things for sure.

That said he's not individually prolific - yet.. 

I like Russell and he'd be good enough to have your lame *beep* team in the thick of things for sure.

That said he's not individually prolific - yet.. 

I'm sure he would have the Colts either undefeated or with only one loss as well, and you'd guys be going further in the playoffs this year then you actually will. But he is prolific, in my opinion and the opinion of a lot of respected football minds anyway.

I'm sure he would have the Colts either undefeated or with only one loss as well, and you'd guys be going further in the playoffs this year then you actually will. But he is prolific, in my opinion and the opinion of a lot of respected football minds anyway.

Lol. No.

They can't stop him because he is a good player who also happens to be on a good team. No need to discredit the guy.

He's got great footwork......you rarely get a good hit on him and he knows when to get 5 yards and get out of bounds...

Whenever Percy Harvin gets going....RW's numbers will get better...

The only thing that's holding this team back in O-line injuries and weed head defenders

He's got great footwork......you rarely get a good hit on him and he knows when to get 5 yards and get out of bounds...

Whenever Percy Harvin gets going....RW's numbers will get better...

The only thing that's holding this team back in O-line injuries and weed head defenders

Ah, I thought it was Adderall. I think they will still be alright without Browner in any case. Thinking about a 100% Harvin on that offense is intriguing.

Lol. Yes. ;)

Not a chance. Wilson is good, but his D is better this year.

No disrespect to them, but they are quite lucky to have only one loss this year. They've been in trouble more than once this season. If the D doesn't come up big a few times they drop a couple games. The Texans game as a perfect example.

He certainly hasn't been carrying his team like he would have to if he played for us. No way he goes undefeated for us, or even have only one loss. His record would likely be the same as our record now.

Not a chance. Wilson is good, but his D is better this year.

No disrespect to them, but they are quite lucky to have only one loss this year. They've been in trouble more than once this season. If the D doesn't come up big a few times they drop a couple games. The Texans game as a perfect example.

He certainly hasn't been carrying his team like he would have to if he played for us. No way he goes undefeated for us, or even have only one loss. His record would likely be the same as our record now.

Perhaps. But imagine the combination of Wilson and Brown as a dual threat in the backfield and the option of Wayne (before injury) down the field. Having him in might even improve Richardson's play. The AFC is also weak as usual so I think he would be able to handle teams like the Dolphins and even NFC teams you've played like the 49ers too. We will never know for sure though.

Perhaps. But imagine the combination of Wilson and Brown as a dual threat in the backfield and the option of Wayne (before injury) down the field. Having him in might even improve Richardson's play. The AFC is also weak as usual so I think he would be able to handle teams like the Dolphins and even NFC teams you've played like the 49ers too. We will never know for sure though.

Luck is pretty mobile himself, and him and Brown aren't saving us from embarrassing losses lol.

It's all hypothetical, but unless you have a take over games QB, which neither Luck of Wilson are yet, I don't see many, if any, scenarios where we would be undefeated or only have one loss.

Luck is pretty mobile himself, and him and Brown aren't saving us from embarrassing losses lol.

It's all hypothetical, but unless you have a take over games QB, which neither Luck of Wilson are yet, I don't see many, if any, scenarios where we would be undefeated or only have one loss.

When did Donald Brown become a major component of a undefeated hypothetical for the Colts!? That's pretty far out stuff by Quiz.

There's no doubt that Wilson is good, and so is Luck. It'll be difficult to prove who's hands down better anytime soon. That said, Luck is better! 

Wilson is known as being the dual threat QB though. He has way more scrambles and designed runs than 12 but I do see your point. I think mine is a valid one as well though. And I'm not saying Brown is a world beater or elite in any sense of the word but he has finally shown up in the run game this season.

Wilson is known as being the dual threat QB though. He has way more scrambles and designed runs than 12 but I do see your point. I think mine is a valid one as well though.

Without question Wilson is the more threatening runner, but I was just saying Andrew is no slouch in that department lol.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Qwiz, I'm normally with you on your analysis, and you're a top-notch opposing team fan poster...but dude seriously...lay off the egg nog.

Qwiz, I'm normally with you on your analysis, and you're a top-notch opposing team fan poster...but dude seriously...lay off the egg nog.

Clearly we disagree on the subject. But keep in mind there is bias in this discussion. Ask a Seahawk fan and we will be having a completely different conversation. It's all about perspective. And I don't drink eggnog lol.

Clearly we disagree on the subject. But keep in mind there is bias in this discussion. And I don't drink eggnog lol.

Sure there's bias. But the point is that you're grossly mistaken about the quality of the Colts roster. Russell Wilson is a more efficient passer than Luck, and maybe more accurate at times, but he is supported by a run game. You replace Luck with Wilson, and the Colts still don't have a run game. The Seahawks have a top ten defense. You replace Luck with Wilson and the Colts still don't have a top ten defense. So it's pretty unreasonable to suggest that Wilson would fix the problems the Colts have been having lately.

And that's before you start talking about the things that Luck is better than Wilson at, as a QB. So even if your supposedly unbiased mind thinks that Luck isn't better than Wilson at anything, there's still a number of things that would prevent him from improving the Colts enough to erase the majority of their four losses.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Clearly we disagree on the subject. But keep in mind there is bias in this discussion. Ask a Seahawk fan and we will be having a completely different conversation. It's all about perspective. And I don't drink eggnog lol.

What exactly is your argument?  Wilson is better than Luck, or that Indy (when healthy) has more weapons than Seattle?

Sure there's bias. But the point is that you're grossly mistaken about the quality of the Colts roster. Russell Wilson is a more efficient passer than Luck, and maybe more accurate at times, but he is supported by a run game. You replace Luck with Wilson, and the Colts still don't have a run game. The Seahawks have a top ten defense. You replace Luck with Wilson and the Colts still don't have a top ten defense. So it's pretty unreasonable to suggest that Wilson would fix the problems the Colts have been having lately.

And that's before you start talking about the things that Luck is better than Wilson at, as a QB. So even if your supposedly unbiased mind thinks that Luck isn't better than Wilson at anything, there's still a number of things that would prevent him from improving the Colts enough to erase the majority of their four losses.

Who said I'm not biased on the subject? It could very well be on both sides one could argue. Chris Johnson's best years came when he was with Vince Young. Alfred Morris' breakout rookie year. Running QBs help improve the run game, especially when said QB knows how to pass pretty well, like you said. And I never said Andy isn't better at him than anything. Nor would I.

What exactly is your argument? Wilson is better than Luck, or that Indy (when healthy) has more weapons than Seattle?

I didn't start this discussion, I just ran with it when hypotheticals came into play when a Colt poster quoted me. He thinks Wilson would have us playing better...well I think he could do the same for the Colts. No one is wrong here. It's a hypothetical discussion.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Who said I'm not biased on the subject? It could very well be on both sides one could argue. Chris Johnson's best years came when he was with Vince Young. Alfred Morris' breakout rookie year. Running QBs help improve the run game, especially when said QB knows how to pass pretty well, like you said. And I never said Andy isn't better at him than anything. Nor would I.

So how has Wilson helped made Lynch a great RB?  Oh that's right, he didn't.  Lynch has been a stud for a while.  And you seem to forget that Donald Brown was a pro-bowler with Peyton Manning (NOT!)

Guest TeamLoloJones

I didn't start this discussion, I just ran with it when hypotheticals came into play when a Colt poster quoted me. He thinks Wilson would have us playing better...well I think he could do the same for the Colts. No one is wrong here. It's a hypothetical discussion.

But that's the point I'm making.  Wilson WOULD make the Texans better because he is better that Schaub and Keenum.  But Wilson is NOT BETTER than Luck. Period.  I'm Wilson's biggest fan, and it's not even close.

So how has Wilson helped made Lynch a great RB? Oh that's right, he didn't. Lynch has been a stud for a while. And you seem to forget that Donald Brown was a pro-bowler with Peyton Manning (NOT!)

We're NOT talking about Lynch. He has nothing to do with the discussion. And unless you consider Manning a dual threat QB neither does he.

Guest TeamLoloJones

We're NOT talking about Lynch. He has nothing to do with the discussion. And unless you consider Manning a dual threat QB neither does he.

Then what evidence do you have to present that would make any sense that Wilson would make the Colts better?

But that's the point I'm making. Wilson WOULD make the Texans better because he is better that Schaub and Keenum. But Wilson is NOT BETTER than Luck. Period. I'm Wilson's biggest fan, and it's not even close.

You can't say he would make us better for a certainty, as not every loss has come down to just the offense. You are also a Colts fan, of course you're going to say your guy is better. We don't know who is or will be when it is only year two.

Guest TeamLoloJones

You can't say he would make us better for a certainty, as not every loss has come down to just the offense. You are also a Colts fan, of course you're going to say your guy is better. We don't know who is or will be when it is only year two.

Me being a Colts fan is irrelevant.  I like to play talent scout (as do a lot of people here).  I can tell you in unprofessional opinion that Russell is far better than any QB on Houston's roster.  But he is not on Luck's level.  He just isn't.