Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

runthepost

the gameplan on the ravens

13 posts in this topic

To win against this ravens team the colts must do the following things:

1. Protect luck. Terrell suggs and haloti ngata must be contained

2. Can't be too predictable on Offense.

3. Don't give ray Lewis clues of what play were running.

4. Always see where is ed reed we can't throw a pick to him.

5. Stop ray rice!

6. Get pressure to flacco. If we can't torry Smith will beat us deep

7. Don't commit stupid penalties.

8. Win the turn over battle.

Prediction 23 to 21 colts

Thoughts??

Mr. Reed's Neighborhood is always something you want to Avoid

2-7 I think we can manage to do, 8 may depend on how well we do 1. #1 I see being a problem. I think we should stick to running and short passes while taking a couple chances here and there deep if the oppurtunity presents itself and if we can run the ball it should

1 person likes this

I just think we can't get too emotional out there.  You know the Ravens will come out fired up with this being Ray's last home game and possibly last game of his career.  If they do make a few plays, we can't let that slow us down because that will just turn into a vicious cycle where they keep gaining momentum and we keep losing it.  Penalties and turnovers are the key, in my opinion.

6. Get pressure to flacco. If we can't torry Smith will beat us deep

To add to this, we need pressure up the middle, making Flacco move off his spot. Even without contact, that will disrupt his game, particularly down the field.

6. Get pressure to flacco.

A classic Freeney/Mathis game against an immobile QB could be the difference.

2 people like this

The Ravens are 29th in run defense so run it at them especially with and aging and injured ray lewis

I think we are 29th... the ravens are not a top run D team but they are not 29th.

Got to contain Ray Rice and make Flacco beat you. Set up 3rd and longs and let Mathias/Freeney do their thing, simple as that.

Luck and the offense should be able to score some points as the ravens defense is no-where near like in the years past.

1) Put Vontae on Torrey Smith and leave him there. Regardless of which side he lines up.

2) I'd like to see the 3 TE set that we've had success running behind. Geathers and Guy need to pressure just as much as Mathis and Freeney.

3) Freeney needs to play the run a little bit though, or they will just run Ray Rice left and kill us.

4) Let's throw some actual dump off passes, and some bootlegs instead of 40 yard bombs every play. Ed Reed must not have a field day against us or we are toast.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• That would be good!     Quite honestly I do not know a thing about him, I was really just throwing out some dry humor... I am a big John Wayne fan though, lol.     God knows we need help in the secondary so any sleepers that awaken this year is a good thing.  It would be a pleasant surprise to actually have a competent defensive backfield.... something Colts fans have rarely seen.
    • I think he is too good of a runner to not utilize him at FB. Here and there putting him there like we did with Turbin wouldnt be bad but i think it's be a waste of his talent him being a full time FB.
    • Moncrief will be fine, it's Dorsett whose days are numbered.
      The signing and the production of Aiken will bring down Moncrief's asking price.
      I expect Moncrief to step it up this year. Dorsett on the other hand could be getting cut unless he proves he can catch the ball.

• Heck, lets really bite the bullet and sign not only Hankins and Brown, but Revis as well to play alongside Davis.  Our defense would be stout with these 3 additions and they won't break the bank and we won't have to rely on nailing every draft pick. Revis would be the only one that might be getting overpaid, but that would only be on a 1-2 year deal.
        I don't see anyone projecting McCaffrey going to the Colts, yet I hear some experts putting McCaffrey above Fournette. He is from Stanford so you know the kid is smart and we have a good track record with Stanford players. He excels at everything, plus who was the last good white boy running back n the NFL? Peyton Hillis? Madden curse got him and he wasn't even half as versatile as McCaffrey who can not only receive like a receiver(top 5 WR as well as top 3 RB) but he can also return the ball. We have like 3 or 4 guys that take turns as the returner, McCaffrey allows us to pretty much cut all those guys.

We need to sign a couple more guys so we can pick the best player on the board come our turn in the draft. As it stands, we still have too many holes to do that. McCaffrey could step in immediately and provide 50 yards of offense running and catching the ball. 8-10 carries for Gore and Turbin both and just 4-6 for McCaffrey while giving him another 4-6 targets in the passing game. And when Gore retires after this season, or next, then McCaffrey still compliments Turbin perfectly.

If we signed these 3 players, and took McCaffrey with the first pick, then we could get another edge rusher in the 2nd and a CB in the 3rd to replace Revis in his 2nd or 3rd year.
    • That is why it is good to put your eggs in other baskets too, like March Madness, and even a bit of Netflix.   I never caught up to Breaking Bad, so I am catching up now.  
  • Members

• crazycolt1

crazycolt1 5,032

• Arodgers12

Arodgers12 223

• krunk

krunk 6,877

• Rackeen305

Rackeen305 51

• twfish

twfish 956

• CantBeStopped

CantBeStopped 335

• ColtsBlitz

ColtsBlitz 0

Rookie
    • reiter883r

reiter883r 0

Rookie
    • cjrichard

cjrichard 38

• dew5150

dew5150 8

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.