Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

runthepost

the gameplan on the ravens

13 posts in this topic

To win against this ravens team the colts must do the following things:

1. Protect luck. Terrell suggs and haloti ngata must be contained

2. Can't be too predictable on Offense.

3. Don't give ray Lewis clues of what play were running.

4. Always see where is ed reed we can't throw a pick to him.

5. Stop ray rice!

6. Get pressure to flacco. If we can't torry Smith will beat us deep

7. Don't commit stupid penalties.

8. Win the turn over battle.

Prediction 23 to 21 colts

Thoughts??

Mr. Reed's Neighborhood is always something you want to Avoid

2-7 I think we can manage to do, 8 may depend on how well we do 1. #1 I see being a problem. I think we should stick to running and short passes while taking a couple chances here and there deep if the oppurtunity presents itself and if we can run the ball it should

1 person likes this

I just think we can't get too emotional out there.  You know the Ravens will come out fired up with this being Ray's last home game and possibly last game of his career.  If they do make a few plays, we can't let that slow us down because that will just turn into a vicious cycle where they keep gaining momentum and we keep losing it.  Penalties and turnovers are the key, in my opinion.

6. Get pressure to flacco. If we can't torry Smith will beat us deep

To add to this, we need pressure up the middle, making Flacco move off his spot. Even without contact, that will disrupt his game, particularly down the field.

6. Get pressure to flacco.

A classic Freeney/Mathis game against an immobile QB could be the difference.

2 people like this

The Ravens are 29th in run defense so run it at them especially with and aging and injured ray lewis

I think we are 29th... the ravens are not a top run D team but they are not 29th.

Got to contain Ray Rice and make Flacco beat you. Set up 3rd and longs and let Mathias/Freeney do their thing, simple as that.

Luck and the offense should be able to score some points as the ravens defense is no-where near like in the years past.

1) Put Vontae on Torrey Smith and leave him there. Regardless of which side he lines up.

2) I'd like to see the 3 TE set that we've had success running behind. Geathers and Guy need to pressure just as much as Mathis and Freeney.

3) Freeney needs to play the run a little bit though, or they will just run Ray Rice left and kill us.

4) Let's throw some actual dump off passes, and some bootlegs instead of 40 yard bombs every play. Ed Reed must not have a field day against us or we are toast.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Barring some camp breakout story, I don't see how this is wrong. The only thing is they might cut Hunt and keep McGill as a 3rd down DT, but that might be a bit too light on the DE's
    • Yeah, it's pretty obvious that INDY's picks usually occurred around commercial breaks, which meant that our selections were rarely even discussed. Mike went a little bananas on his Philly love too. I know he lives there, but everything was Philly this & Philly that. He did slam that MSNBC Business reporter who massacred their fly eagle fly anthem though in his own way that I found amusing.    Look, I still love Mike as a draft analyst & I know that INDY will never get the love like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, & the City of Brotherly Love will from Mayock & it's okay to me. I know my favorite teams to watch: INDY, NY Giants, NE, Denver; GB; & New Orleans because Sean Payton is so innovative on offense.    Can I ask a question? Is it wrong of me for Make A Wish Foundation recipients to think a little bigger after surviving cancer? If it's what you really want--To introduce a draft pick cool. I just would aim higher or bigger I guess. You know maybe meet a famous band or take in a show with back stage passes. To each their own, I guess. Reading a name off a card as your dying wish or miraculous recovery wish feels like small potatoes to me. 
    • Why do people keep saying this? Walker runs 4.63. Hes not a two down LB. Hes on the field a 3 downs.
    • Here is a podcast from Sports Illustrated that features Zach Banner:     And here's Banner on The Herd:     Seems like a smart young man with personality. That's good after we lost the only guy with personality on our roster this off-season.
    •   Here's my depth chart of the current roster, including my prediction of my final 53. Assuming no major FA signings or trades, here's what I see.   IMO Parry is def gone with the draft of Glover Stewart. We didn't draft someone in the 4th round to let it go to the practice squad.   Of our 9 DLs, 2 are gone for sure making a total of 7. Amongst the 2 to be cut will likely be the following:
        McGill - $0 dead cap Parry - 110K dead cap Woods - 250K dead cap Hunt - 500K dead cap   At OLB, Maggitt will def be gone before Mingo is; he only has a $4000 dead cap (NOT A TYPO) while Mingo will stay simply because he was a former 1st rounder and we'll still hoping he pulls a Jerry Hughes after the latter went to Buffalo.        
  • Welcome New Members

• Members

• Colts_Fan12

Colts_Fan12 3,349

• Kyle

Kyle 788

• jseg18

jseg18 105

• Iancolts

Iancolts 147

• UKColt13

UKColt13 1,136

• chrisfarley

chrisfarley 697

• krunk

krunk 7,141

• TMPHBITEU

TMPHBITEU 422

• SkyBane

SkyBane 877

• crazycolt1

crazycolt1 5,136

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.