Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

runthepost

the gameplan on the ravens

13 posts in this topic

To win against this ravens team the colts must do the following things:

1. Protect luck. Terrell suggs and haloti ngata must be contained

2. Can't be too predictable on Offense.

3. Don't give ray Lewis clues of what play were running.

4. Always see where is ed reed we can't throw a pick to him.

5. Stop ray rice!

6. Get pressure to flacco. If we can't torry Smith will beat us deep

7. Don't commit stupid penalties.

8. Win the turn over battle.

Prediction 23 to 21 colts

Thoughts??

2-7 I think we can manage to do, 8 may depend on how well we do 1. #1 I see being a problem. I think we should stick to running and short passes while taking a couple chances here and there deep if the oppurtunity presents itself and if we can run the ball it should

1 person likes this

I just think we can't get too emotional out there.  You know the Ravens will come out fired up with this being Ray's last home game and possibly last game of his career.  If they do make a few plays, we can't let that slow us down because that will just turn into a vicious cycle where they keep gaining momentum and we keep losing it.  Penalties and turnovers are the key, in my opinion.

6. Get pressure to flacco. If we can't torry Smith will beat us deep

To add to this, we need pressure up the middle, making Flacco move off his spot. Even without contact, that will disrupt his game, particularly down the field.

6. Get pressure to flacco.

A classic Freeney/Mathis game against an immobile QB could be the difference.

2 people like this

The Ravens are 29th in run defense so run it at them especially with and aging and injured ray lewis

I think we are 29th... the ravens are not a top run D team but they are not 29th.

Got to contain Ray Rice and make Flacco beat you. Set up 3rd and longs and let Mathias/Freeney do their thing, simple as that.

Luck and the offense should be able to score some points as the ravens defense is no-where near like in the years past.

1) Put Vontae on Torrey Smith and leave him there. Regardless of which side he lines up.

2) I'd like to see the 3 TE set that we've had success running behind. Geathers and Guy need to pressure just as much as Mathis and Freeney.

3) Freeney needs to play the run a little bit though, or they will just run Ray Rice left and kill us.

4) Let's throw some actual dump off passes, and some bootlegs instead of 40 yard bombs every play. Ed Reed must not have a field day against us or we are toast.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Add 2 players to the Colts- 1 on offense and 1 on defense
      That is a very long comment for a subject that is a fantasy issue. It has no reality to it and you want to argue about it? Wow.
    • 2015-2016 Indiana Pacers (And rest of the NBA) Season
      Golden State, Thunder had the chance but that's gone and over with now. If the Thunder keep it within 8 points or less I'll be surprised, Both Westbrook and Durant have to play lights out and they have to challenge shots a whole lot better then what they in the 4th quarter in the last game.....Also they have to get the team involved around them more
      Who does everybody got tomorrow night? OKC or GS?
    • Peyton Manning was nearly a titan in 2012
      From what I recall, Denver, Miami, and Tennessee were the main teams trying to sign Peyton.  San Fran's name came up a bit later on in the process (which is where I thought Peyton should sign, but I could also see lots of trouble between him wanting to run the offense one way and Harbaugh wanting something else).  Seattle's name also came up (could you imagine the Seattle defense with 2013 or 2014 Peyton Manning?), but they kinda surprised Peyton instead of scheduling a visit, which he didn't like, so he didn't give them too much attention.
      That would be amazing.  There is only 1 thing we can offer him that OKC can't (though, given how this series might go, that might be significant).  OKC and Indy are both relatively small markets, so he won't have the media harassment he would in somewhere like LA or New York.  He would get to play with a top 10 player in George, like he currently does with Westbrook.  The one thing we can offer him now that OKC can't is avoiding the loaded Western Conference en route to a Finals berth.  He wouldn't have to face teams like Portland, LA Clippers, San Antonio, and Golden State.  In the East, his biggest competition would be Cleveland.  Indy can match up well with Cleveland now; add Durant to the mix and we'd be unstoppable.   Imagine if Bird were able to somehow get Okafor from the 76ers and sign Durant.  A starting 5 of George Hill or Lawson/Paul George/Kevin Durant/Myles Turner/Jahlil Okafor would be unreal.   However, I do think we should note here that Durant has a history of choking in big moments.  When pressure gets high, he has shown a tendency to fold.  It'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow night, but if the Thunder lose, I could see Durant leaving to try and get a fresh start somewhere else and try to shed this reputation of choking under pressure.  Couldn't win with Harden and Westbrook, couldn't put away a 73-win team when you had them up 3-1, directly responsible for many of the mistakes that led to the loss in game 6, etc.  It's because of his history of choking in big moments that I think Durant is somewhat overrated.  He's still a top 5 player in the NBA, but he is overrated (if the two can co-exist), in my opinion. 
  • Welcome New Members

• Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      Hello my Name is Robin. And i'm from Denmark. even though i've been member on this forum for a long time, and the old one as well. I would like to Introduce myself. I became a Colts fan in 2007, when I watched my first NFL game. My brother introduced me to NFL, the superbowl between Colts & Bears, And as we all know the Bears scored first, so I had to rude for the "underdogs".. and from that day on I was hooked. I've watched every game since, even the primetime games, that starts 2:30 in Denmark, it's a long day working with no sleep but damn its worth it. Can't wait for my next big Colts adventure, when I get to see them playing in London 
    • Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      I have been a fan since 1984 when I became an early teen and really started to understand the game. Colts moved to Indianapolis in 1984 and eventhough we stunk for a while, things obviously got better. We traded for Dickerson in 1987 and won the Division, then we had Harbaugh's magical season in 1995, the Peyton ERA where winning 12 games was a piece of cake + winning a SB in 2006, now the Andrew ERA where we have already had 3 11 win seasons and a deep Playoff run.
  • Members

• crazycolt1

crazycolt1 3,674

• Kirie89

Kirie89 14

• Derakynn

Derakynn 884

• Gavin

Gavin 6,255

• Combsey

Combsey 64

• esmort

esmort 936

• twfish

twfish 453

• corgi

corgi 2,262

• IinD

IinD 63

• Mr Clueless

Mr Clueless 152

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.