Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis

1959Colts

I wouldn't worry to much about it. We may trade for Davis, but I would bet money were not trading Fleener or Hilton.

I think we have some veterans on defense and a couple of veteran coaches who could control V. Davis...and inspire him if we win a few games....... and I think (it sounds like) he simply does not want to play for Miami

..but there is a little risk..and i would not give up any player for him.

Only money and a pick

Butrr

I feel that if the trade happens....Powers job gets easier for sure....yet I hope he stays healthy.....that is my concern. Good question...and 2nd post...welcome to the forum!!!! :)

Thank you, Ive been a longtime viewer, first time contributor

And yes I do agree that Powers job becomes much easier. Hes not really a #1 in my opinion

Thank you, Ive been a longtime viewer, first time contributor

And yes I do agree that Powers job becomes much easier. Hes not really a #1 in my opinion

Glad to see new contributors.....and if Powers is healthy....I feel we will like what we see....especially if/when Grigs pulls off the/a trade!! We have a quota on likes and first posts, but we will never have a quota on :coltslogo: fans!!! :thmup:

Davis would be a massive upgrade to our secondary. He seems like a perfect fit and he's still young. I would jump at the chance to get him for a 3rd... I'd still want him for a 2nd come to think of it... although I am probably less concerned about the off the field issues as many of you seem to be. I wonder what he will ultimately cost.....

So I've been out of the loop the last couple days. The Dolphins only have one viable edge rusher, Cameron Wake, anyone think it might be Freeney and something like a 3rd for Davis? This would basically be killing two birds with one stone; getting rid of Freeney's massive contract and bringing in a legit #1 CB. I have the utmost confidence in Hughes ability to get to the QB, as long as he is given his fair shake. Obviously Miami has soured a little bit on Davis for whatever reason.....trade makes sense to me.

So I've been out of the loop the last couple days. The Dolphins only have one viable edge rusher, Cameron Wake, anyone think it might be Freeney and something like a 3rd for Davis? This would basically be killing two birds with one stone; getting rid of Freeney's massive contract and bringing in a legit #1 CB. I have the utmost confidence in Hughes ability to get to the QB, as long as he is given his fair shake. Obviously Miami has soured a little bit on Davis for whatever reason.....trade makes sense to me.

I could see that... :hmm: Hughes scares me a little, but so does Freeney at this point and the difference between their contracts is enormous.

Davis would be a massive upgrade to our secondary. He seems like a perfect fit and he's still young. I would jump at the chance to get him for a 3rd... I'd still want him for a 2nd come to think of it... although I am probably less concerned about the off the field issues as many of you seem to be. I wonder what he will ultimately cost.....

Antonio Cromartie was a former 1st rounder, he was traded to the Jets for a 3rd round draft pick. Cromartie was on his rookie contract just like Vontae Davis, and was drafted in the second half of the first round, if I remember right, much like Vontae Davis.

That is our frame of reference, a 3rd round pick at worst, that it will cost the Colts. Anything more, Grigson needs to shut it down, seriously.

If they want Freeney, then we give up just a 5th rounder and Freeney for Vontae Davis and call it a deal.

Antonio Cromartie was a former 1st rounder, he was traded to the Jets for a 3rd round draft pick. Cromartie was on his rookie contract just like Vontae Davis, and was drafted in the second half of the first round, if I remember right, much like Vontae Davis.

That is our frame of reference, a 3rd round pick at worst, that it will cost the Colts. Anything more, Grigson needs to shut it down, seriously.

If they want Freeney, then we give up just a 5th rounder and Freeney for Vontae Davis and call it a deal.

Dont have a 5th I dont think, I'd trade Freeney and a 4th for Vontae and a 5th (which would give us our 5th back) while unloading a huge contract but dont think thats possible unless Freeney restructures or

2.Trade Freeney, a 4th and Justice for Vontae and another 3rd

Dont have a 5th I dont think, I'd trade Freeney and a 4th for Vontae and a 5th (which would give us our 5th back) while unloading a huge contract but dont think thats possible unless Freeney restructures or

2.Trade Freeney, a 4th and Justice for Vontae and another 3rd

You can trade a pick you don't have today, as long as you have it by the time the draft comes around. So, if the colts trade a #5 that they don't have (they traded it in the Hilton deal) then, they've got to come up with one by the 2013 draft.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

If not Davis, than I hope we get either Joe Haden or Jake Long. Long's deal expires next season though.

Unless something completely unexpected happens, there is no reason for the Dolphins to trade Long and the Browns to trade Haden. What's their motivation? Long will either get a new long term deal, or, they'll put a franchise tag on him. He's not going anywhere. Same with Haden, and I don't think his contract is even up. Why would Cleveland trade a premier corner?

In all likelihood, it's not happening.

Wish it was..... but can't see a reason for the Dolphins/Browns to do it.