Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts PreSeason Road Test, What are you hoping to See?

Nadine

Punter Pat McAfee and the Special Teams squad played well last week pinning our opponent deep. Keep it Up!!!

The o-line has got to give Luck time to survey the field. The Steel Curtain has never been kind to rookie QBs. Yes, I know, it's a work in progress...

IMO when i watched the OL seemed to be partially outta sink on pass plays,and the pass protection asignments,maybe because audible was called ,who knows.Regaurdless i want to see everyone in pass protection on the same page.I want to see more north and south running outta Ballard and Carter.I honestly think Special Teams are gonna be greatly improved this year.Jerry Hughes isnt going anywhere Brother IMO he fits this system :thmup:

One last point: I admire coaches like Pagano, Kubiack, Bellicheck, Tomilson, Reid, Coughlin, and Shanahan who say "I am gonna punch my opponent in the mouth, wear them down psychologically and physically, make you dread a rematch, and I will keep pulverizing your team with the same formation until you can counteract or stop said scheme."

Nothing fancy here just taking your squad out behind the woodshed for an old fashioned caboose whoppin'. haha

:number1::spit:

Against the Rams I was trying to watch Freeney and Mathis, but the Rams were running the ball with Jackson. Thought I saw Mathis whiff on Jackson running right by him maybe the 2nd play of their first drive? I will be watching them again. Not much has been said about them from the Rams game. Anyone notice anything worth mentioning?

One last point: I admire coaches like Pagano, Kubiack, Bellicheck, Tomilson, Reid, Coughlin, and Shanahan who say "I am gonna punch my opponent in the mouth, wear them down psychologically and physically, make you dread a rematch, and I will keep pulverizing your team with the same formation until you can counteract or stop said scheme."

Nothing fancy here just taking your squad out behind the woodshed for an old fashioned caboose whoppin'. haha

:number1::spit:

I ran out of likes again Jay. Major Bummer. haha

Sometimes, NFL coaches try to get to cute for their own good. All the coaches I mentioned above understand one thing: Winning games means winning in the trenches at the line of scrimmage and the lowest man always wins. Leverage is a beautiful thing to see along with a neverending pass rush. :thmup:

I want to see Wayne, Fleener, and Allen to catch some passes. As well as an INT of big ben from Bethea :)

Man, ever since they have given Bethea more freedom to roam by the line of scrimmage (necessitated by Sanders' injuries), he has been in the back half of the secondary much less. So, more tackles but less INTs. He flourished under Ron Meeks on the INT category but not so much under Coyer in the INT area but did produce way more tackles since we played more single safety high than Cover 2 with 2 safeties (till the Saints SB :().

I wish we go back to Bethea making INTs playing centerfield more. :)

I forgot to mention this last week, but I applaud WR Austin Collie #17 for playing hard, scoring a TD, and not playing timid regarding his bout with concussions last year. Bravo Austin! Sometimes mental fears versus physical aches and pains are the most difficult obstacles to overcome. Well done. :thmup:

Wasn't that 2 years ago? I don't recall any Collie concussions last year , but I may have missed something.

Wasn't that 2 years ago? I don't recall any Collie concussions last year , but I may have missed something.

No, you are right schwamm. I messed up and I will admit it. Thanks for pointing this mistake out. Accuracy is crucial to me. I was just glad to see Collie bounce back after his concussion concerns.

No, you are right schwamm. I messed up and I will admit it. Thanks for pointing this mistake out. Accuracy is crucial to me. I was just glad to see Collie bounce back after his concussion concerns.

It wasn't so much my intent to point out an error as to make sure I didn't miss something. I'm expecting Collie to be a STUD this year, and to have the best season of his young career. I'm not convinced that many fans of this team really understand what he is capable of accomplishing. I am forever seeing references to him as primarily a slot guy, maybe miscast as a number 2, but I think people will know better very soon.

It wasn't so much my intent to point out an error as to make sure I didn't miss something. I'm expecting Collie to be a STUD this year, and to have the best season of his young career. I'm not convinced that many fans of this team really understand what he is capable of accomplishing. I am forever seeing references to him as primarily a slot guy, maybe miscast as a number 2, but I think people will know better very soon.

No worries Schwann. We are cool. I like friends who keep me on my toes. It is weird to think of Collie as an established veteran now. It seems like just yesterday he just landed in INDY to be tutored by Peyton. haha

I hope Bruce moves the WR's & TE's around once in awhile just to confuse defenses. Collie is good in the slot though. I expect great things from Collie this year too buddy!!!

I want to see alot of things good and bad.

I want to see Luck get his first INT out of the way and come bak the next possession and complete his next pass.

I want to see Freeney/Mathis make a play in pass coverage.

Want to see our first unit "force" a turnover

Effective blitzing

Want to see our WRs get the ball with space to run... Flash some speed for us.

Donald i want to see get some yards on his carries consistently. he tends to get a yard here and there and one carry breaks for 30yds.

Mainly i want to see consistent play for all units. NO INJURIES!

On a broad level, I want us to play disciplined ball like we did against St. Louis. I want to see sound fundamental football where we don't shoot ourselves in the foot too much, and I thought the Rams game was excellent as far as that goes except the few dropped passes. No missed tackles, blown assignments, or unforced turnovers. Those are all signs of a well coached team, and I want to see that trend continue.

On an individual level, I just want to see what we saw against St. Louis- but better :rock:

I want to see improvement from the first game. I know that sounds simple but that's all I am really looking for this season growth and development each game.

One thing I would like to see is if Luck is as smart with the ball as he was last week. The play that made me feel the best about Luck was the play on third and long the second serious the game last week. He got the snap and rolled out of the pocket due to pressure and got free where he could either run it (and come up short of the first down) or throw it into coverage. Most young QBs will toss it up there to try to keep the drive alive. He tucked it and ran and got what he could and slide well short of the first down. I remember Peyton when he was younger saying one of the hardest things he had to learn as a rookie was that punting was not always bad. If Luck has already learned that lesson then that's a huge feather in Luck's cap.

I like I think just about everyone will be watching our o-line and hope that the first unit plays better than they did at the start of the game last week. They played four plays vs. the Rams starters and every single one of them either Luck had pressure or they stuff Brown for a loss.

I also want to see if Hughes can go two for two and keep watching Freeney and Mathis. Freeney still looks uncomfortable out there which is to be expected. I also want to see if someone can claim that MLB job now that Angerer is hurt to go along with Conner. I really think the LB could be the strength of our defense this year.

I am also looking forward to seeing Redding and Moala on the field together for the first time and see how they do with stopping the run at their end spots.

I also want to see if Brown can get a few more rush attempts in and see if he can improve his run numbers from last week. Not a shot at Brown per say I just want a better idea of our how our starting ground game is looking as a whole. That probably reverts back to my point about the o-line from before.