Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Week 2

likm

This is going to be a season where we can separate the real fans from the people who just jump on the bandwagon if we continue to play like this in the season.

Doesnt matter how much of a fanboy, 300 yards of O given up by half time is pretty pathetic, preseason or not. Hopefully Manning is in top form this year, looks like its gonna be one of those early year shoot-out type seasons.

Chris Brooks, Taj Smith lmao

Like I said Clark, Addai and garcon were on the field................thats not enough to get a first down or 2.

Are you making excuses? The Colts getting shut down has nothing to do with Taj and Chris. likm

This is going to be a season where we can separate the real fans from the people who just jump on the bandwagon if we continue to play like this in the season.

Bandwagons do not exist. A fan is a fan, period. The term bandwagon left my vocabulary in grade school. Fans have a right to be upset and come to the forum to post opinions and whatnot. "Real" fans understand this.

Like I said Clark, Addai and garcon were on the field................thats not enough to get a first down or 2.

Are you making excuses? The Colts getting shut down has nothing to do with Taj and Chris. likm

look at who's throwing the ball plus the 0-line isnt playing up to par anyway

Painter is looking really, really bad. I am not one to have to have attacked him, but he is playing bad.

Another thing I doon't really get in the play calling. The Colts rarely even offer any threat of a run. Mostly in shotgun throwing the ball. What good does it do to get a better offensive line if you never run. I really was hoping to see pounding the ball behind Castonza and Reitz

Painter is looking really, really bad. I am not one to have to have attacked him, but he is playing bad.

Another thing I doon't really get in the play calling. The Colts rarely even offer any threat of a run. Mostly in shotgun throwing the ball. What good does it do to get a better offensive line if you never run. I really was hoping to see pounding the ball behind Castonza and Reitz

Ditto !

I really hope Harris and Sims can make a difference...The 1st string D did look bad, but no offense doesn't help matters. We all know this D is built to play with a lead. They've been on the field all night. That's not helping. The offense gets a pass without Manning, but the D better get it together fast. Green Bay is going to be a slaughter without Manning

We are missing some Key guys Peyton, Wayne, Collie, Gonzo, Harris, Sims and Bethea pulled a Hammey early. I feel our defense was very inconsistent, but showed some promise. We stopped a few runs in the backfield, but then we gave up a 50 yd run because Freeney spun himself out of position. That's why I feel we will have a run stopping DE this year to replace Freeney on running situations. Conner showed a lot of promise and made some good plays. Nevis is a monster; he proved that for the second week in a row. Powers is also showing he can be a #1 CB.

The offense is definitely out of sync, but they are still hashing out the O-line and the QB situation. They still have a few weeks to sort that out, but I feel with all of the promise and extra personnel on defense we will definitely be a contender. Especially when Peyton shakes off his rust.

Here is what I took from it:

Pat McAfee is a stud at life...

Adam still has leg.

We still have work to do in run blocking.

Our DT play as a whole has improved.

Conner is making me forget Session.

Chick looks to be our fourth best end right now. Bratton didn't impress me at all and I am not sure Anderson has even played.

Hughes had a very good game.

Dallas Clark how I missed you.

Carter is going to give us something we have not had in a long time at running back maybe back to when we had Potts.

We don't have little depth behind Bethea and Bullitt we have zero depth behind them.

It's time to go see if Sorgi still has anything, Painter is well Painter and Orlovsky is not very good either.

The kickoff rule is the best thing to happen to our franchise other than drafting Peyton Manning.

I question our play calling, we were playing with our back up WRs and back up QB you would think that is the perfect time to try out your new running game with your new line but yet we were throwing it like Peyton was there.

I really hope Harris and Sims can make a difference...The 1st string D did look bad, but no offense doesn't help matters. We all know this D is built to play with a lead. They've been on the field all night. That's not helping. The offense gets a pass without Manning, but the D better get it together fast. Green Bay is going to be a slaughter without Manning

However many times Green Bay gets the ball in the first half...........take that number times 7 and that's how many points the Pack will have at the half. Bank on it.

I don't think teams have to respect Painter too much. I'm hoping he can turn it around, but he underthrew another pass in the flat earlier. That's just unacceptable at most any level.

I was one of the biggest people to hope for Painter to turn it around but i think i have given him enough chances. We didnt get a single 1st down until the 3rd quater. The defense was on the field way to long because of lack off conversions by Painter. Offense once again looked stagnant, Painter missing open targets. I just dont get it. How can you take 1st team snaps and not know where to go with the ball. I really hope the team considers bringing in a veteran qb if Peyton isnt ready because I :???: fret if we have to rely on Painter or Dan O (who really isnt doing that much better than Painter) to win a game or 2

I was one of the biggest people to hope for Painter to turn it around but i think i have given him enough chances. We didnt get a single 1st down until the 3rd quater. The defense was on the field way to long because of lack off conversions by Painter. Offense once again looked stagnant, Painter missing open targets. I just dont get it. How can you take 1st team snaps and not know where to go with the ball. I really hope the team considers bringing in a veteran qb if Peyton isnt ready because I :???: fret if we have to rely on Painter or Dan O (who really isnt doing that much better than Painter) to win a game or 2

I would really like to see Orlovsky get the start next week. He at least plays with passion and animation. Painter seems detached emotionally, as if he lacks drive.

Here is what I took from it:

Pat McAfee is a stud at life...

Adam still has leg.

We still have work to do in run blocking.

Our DT play as a whole has improved.

Conner is making me forget Session.

Chick looks to be our fourth best end right now. Bratton didn't impress me at all and I am not sure Anderson has even played.

Hughes had a very good game.

Dallas Clark how I missed you.

Carter is going to give us something we have not had in a long time at running back maybe back to when we had Potts.

We don't have little depth behind Bethea and Bullitt we have zero depth behind them.

It's time to go see if Sorgi still has anything, Painter is well Painter and Orlovsky is not very good either.

The kickoff rule is the best thing to happen to our franchise other than drafting Peyton Manning.

I question our play calling, we were playing with our back up WRs and back up QB you would think that is the perfect time to try out your new running game with your new line but yet we were throwing it like Peyton was there.

The game wasn't televised in Texas. I wasn't too concerned about the box score until I saw where Freeney registered a sack and realized the 'skins scored a td with 12+ minutes remaining in the 1st qtr. What happened? Did they just shread the defense with big yardage gain after big yardage gain? No surprise given the coach on the other sideline. He is notorious for his first 20 plays called and then they go into hibernation. With Peyton and had this been a regular season game, Colts get the win in typical grind it out, bite your nails off, kick your dog fashion.

I would really like to see Orlovsky get the start next week. He at least plays with passion and animation. Painter seems detached emotionally, as if he lacks drive.

I'd rather the Colts cut both sign Sorgi and see if the Hartline kid can play at all. Orlovsky was pretty bad in the second half against the Skins backs up and third stringers. At least Painter stunk with back up WRs and against the Skins starters on D.

Now with that said, I really have to question our play calling. You are playing with your back up WRs and back up QB. You would think that is the prefect time to try out your rebuilt running game and rebuilt o-line, not throw it around like Peyton is playing with the starting WRs.

The game wasn't televised in Texas. I wasn't too concerned about the box score until I saw where Freeney registered a sack and realized the 'skins scored a td with 12+ minutes remaining in the 1st qtr. What happened? Did they just shread the defense with big yardage gain after big yardage gain? No surprise given the coach on the other sideline. He is notorious for his first 20 plays called and then they go into hibernation. With Peyton and had this been a regular season game, Colts get the win in typical grind it out, bite your nails off, kick your dog fashion.

The skins had a huge run on the second play of the game, Freeney over ran the play and Angerer got blocked out of the play and Hightower was off to the reaces. Bethea pulled his hamey brnging him down. Just a bad play all the way around.

Bro my patients is running thin :morning:. The D wouldnt have looked so bad if they werent on the field that long

Bro my patients is running thin :morning:. The D wouldnt have looked so bad if they werent on the field that long

I hear you! There was a lot of positives from the game, but QBing wasn't one of them

Drake Nevis already looks like best tackle on the team and potentially a blue chip player. He seems to always push his guy backwards.

Castonza looks very solid at LT

Delone Carter looks to be a very solid RB who can get that extra yard

Hughes started very slow but then started getting some pressure, which was good.

Ogbu, I thought, fires off the balls very well.

Reitz seems as if the sky is the limit on what he could do. For a guy that big, he is very athletic but strong.

I'd rather the Colts cut both sign Sorgi and see if the Hartline kid can play at all. Orlovsky was pretty bad in the second half against the Skins backs up and third stringers. At least Painter stunk with back up WRs and against the Skins starters on D.

Now with that said, I really have to question our play calling. You are playing with your back up WRs and back up QB. You would think that is the prefect time to try out your rebuilt running game and rebuilt o-line, not throw it around like Peyton is playing with the starting WRs.

Dan also had a less experienced O-line, even thinner receivers yet he at least tried to get the ball down-field. The long pass that Smith bobbled out of bounds was a really spot-on pretty pass. He did well at going through his progressions and not overextending his receivers so often as did Painter.

Dan also had a less experienced O-line, even thinner receivers yet he at least tried to get the ball down-field. The long pass that Smith bobbled out of bounds was a really spot-on pretty pass. He did well at going through his progressions and not overextending his receivers so often as did Painter.

Other than Garcon and Clark he was playing with the same WRs tonight as Painter. There were several times that Orvlosky just made bad throws that had nothing to do with anything but himself. He is not going to be much of if any upgrade over Painter.

Other than Garcon and Clark he was playing with the same WRs tonight as Painter. There were several times that Orvlosky just made bad throws that had nothing to do with anything but himself. He is not going to be much of if any upgrade over Painter.

I agree with you to an extent. Dan later severely under threw a deep route that got picked. Neither one of these clowns could offer us anything but blacked out home games if Manning was IR'd.

When choosing a back-up QB, one has to, they MUST, view the choice from a 'worst case scenario' view point.